Page 56 of 66 FirstFirst ... 646525354555657585960 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    Okay these are from the Motendo episode...

From the part where Jubilee and Roberto fight Mojo at the end (the climax). Yes, I know all the X-Men look evil and red-eyed, but why is Gambit's skin dark blue? ...and not the others?
    Whoa. Interesting. Could be random, could be a hint of Deathbit. Good catch.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    Well that's going to become my phone wallpaper. Ugh. Both love it and hate it.
    Marvel is really wanting me to feel those episode 5 feelings again. Let the fandom heal.

But, seriously, it is a beautiful and moving cover. Her holding onto his ghost. If only she'd had the same success as in X-Treme and they were chilling in California right now.

Whoa. Interesting. Could be random, could be a hint of Deathbit. Good catch.
    Ooh, that is a good catch. There are so many hints and Easter eggs in this show that I don't doubt it has some significance.

That's a nice catch. It could be foreshadowing or simply an easter egg. It's tough to say with so much going. If the story is transitioning from Sinister to Bastion next week, I feel like that's the only time for Deathbit to happen. It would be nice to have Romy together for the finale.

Sinister being behind the Genosha attack makes me want Cable/Maddie to undo it even more. Sinister's meddling being the undoing of his greatest triumph is fantastic storytelling.

Or worse, Gambit is presumed dead up to episode 10 where we get an Apocalypse cliffhanger, preferably with his Horsemen, who are all deceased mutants from Genosha, thereby setting up next season's villain.

Cramming Apocalypse into this season when we already have Trask and his Sentinels, Sinister, possibly Bastion... that's a lot to explore in four episodes. Maybe, maybe not.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

I haven't seen anyone post this yet, but there is a cute Rian Gonzalez cover. The little details are hilarious. Love Nightcrawler's angry face and the Magneto cat toy. Alternate Lucifer is PISSED Erik broke up the family.

https://x.com/616LEBEAUS/status/1780301139272962227
    Last edited by DearMachine; 04-19-2024 at 10:15 AM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    So my final prediction how X-Men 97 season 1 will end.

spoilers:
    I still think that everything will be worse and worse for X-Men with every episode and most of cast will die till the end of ep9. So in Ep 10 Forge will fix Cable's tech and Xavier will send mind message to X-Men in the past.
    So Gambit and X-Men or even all mutants in the past will Remember everything from future (and Gambit's sacrifice) and unite before attack on Genosha. Everything ends with a massive fight.

After fight Gambit and Rogue will have their happy dance or even fast marriage.
    Rogue has her red dress and Gambit his costume, but white from X-Men 24. They must have their dance.

Rogue was afraid to dance in ep1 with Gambit. Chose wrong dance in ep 5 with Mags. Finally, will have a right dance in ep 10.
    end of spoilers
    I like this theorly
    Hoping that's it.
    Would be epic

Spectacular Member

Hi despite all the sadness from XMen97 I'm loving it . The new variant covers the hype everything! And just to think us comic readers are now the xperts for Romy to help the new ones watching/encountering Xmen for 1st time. "Why doesn't Rogue want to wear a collar?" "I'd give all the Ibuprofen to make it with Gambit" and so forth
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cbw1ghNhfOk Not sure if I can link stuff but I read Chris Claremont got his inspiration for Gambit from this film, The Big Easy from 1986. And incidentally Bobby is the name of Remy's Brother in this film too!

I don't know what to think, I change theories every minute. Lol

But now I'm thinking why Magneto has Xavier's will's if he's clearly not dead and the X-men knew it (at least in the last episode of X-menTas).

So there is a telepath involved who has led them to believe Xavier is dead.

Now I suspect that Mags is part of the plan, but I don't know if they show would dare to make him the villain all along ...

Quote Originally Posted by smokey78 View Post
    Hi despite all the sadness from XMen97 I'm loving it . The new variant covers the hype everything! And just to think us comic readers are now the xperts for Romy to help the new ones watching/encountering Xmen for 1st time. "Why doesn't Rogue want to wear a collar?" "I'd give all the Ibuprofen to make it with Gambit" and so forth
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cbw1ghNhfOk Not sure if I can link stuff but I read Chris Claremont got his inspiration for Gambit from this film, The Big Easy from 1986. And incidentally Bobby is the name of Remy's Brother in this film too!
    LOL Oh man ... yeah that movie is SOMETHING. I watched it once before and definitely saw where inspirations had been taken. Claremont liked to borrow ideas from lots of pop culture and film. Can't blame him. Brings me back to the "everything is basically fanfic" theory. There are very few truly original ideas in existence.

Spectacular Member

FYI: Power of X-Men podcast has an interview with AJ LoCascio. I'm not done listening to it, so I can't comment on it right now other than to say, can we get a podcast with him just reading Gambit comics in that Remy voice? *melts*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PptiWmqtXQQ Check to the 27:07 mark!
    Also it does sound like Chris Potter didn't get to do Gambit this time cuz they wanted a young Gambit voice , Guess we'll get more info from Chris when he goes to the Calgary Comic Con next week? But sounds like assuredly, Chris was happy to pass on the reins and play Cable this time.

When Sideshow reveals the whole statue, it's going to sell out immediately https://www.sideshow.com/whats-new/rogue-gambit-statue

Marvel going hard with the Romy merch:

https://www.marvel.com/articles/gear...-from-x-men-97

More short Beau DeMayo answers...

Gambit = Horseman?
    https://twitter.com/BeauDemayo/statu...81785592660451

This one's just a subtle smiley face answer, but in regards to a relevant question for this thread. (make what you will of it, just thought I'd share)
    https://twitter.com/SebasHellBlazer/...88500423082024

DeMayo is pointing too much in that direction, too much for it to be the right one. lol. I wouldn't point out the correct theories to avoid spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilargi View Post
    DeMayo is pointing too much in that direction, too much for it to be the right one. lol. I wouldn't point out the correct theories to avoid spoilers.
    True, he might not be a Horseman, but it could mean that there is something going on.