Page 45 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    spoilers:
    It depends on how it's executed.

I'm certain that Cable's going to make another attempt to prevent the attack. This is his character arc for season 1. It's clear to me now, Maddie being pregnant in the first ep, the vision she had of the cradle and then Nate's voice warning her at the gala and all the graves. They're not going to set Cable up to fail after all that build-up. Not saying that he'll reset everything, but he'll change things. As far as Gambit's concerned, I can see Rogue playing a part in this as well, "Rogue always comes to Gambit's rescue". Will Gambit's sacrifice be cheapened? Not sure, it depends on what he does, and if Rogue's involved she might have to face the dilemma about the fact that his sacrifice needs to stand and that she can't save him, which is interesting. But I'm thinking we'll see Gambit again at the gala when Cable goes back in time.

Maddie, Dazzler, Moira, Banshee, Shaw, Calisto etc are all dead too, pretty important characters just to waste away, how can you have the Hellfire Club without Shaw? Dazzler's a loved character, she didn't even have a line, Maddie died pretty cheaply too.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I was thinking the same.
    Or maybe they will make Cable fail again in ep 8 where most cast die to show that this event can't be changed and must evolve. In ep 9 Xavier will return from Space with Shiar technology and will use Morph to start ressurection protocols and ressurect X-Men for final battle in ep 10.

After final battle Remy will remember Kurt`s words and ask Rogue to marry him. They will make a fast wedding and Nightcrawler will held the ceremony and it will give us a happy ending after dark times.

It will keep Genocide and trauma, keep Gambit`s sacrifice and will finally give a happy mutant nation that didn`t happen in ep 5.

HOX happened in 2019 and DeMayo pitched his story in 2020. It may really happen.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Purplevit; 04-12-2024 at 03:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    spoilers:
    I was thinking the same.
    Or maybe they will make Cable fail again in ep 8 where most cast die to show that this event can't be changed and must evolve. In ep 9 Xavier will return from Space with Shiar technology and will use Morph to start ressurection protocols and ressurect X-Men for final battle in ep 10.

After final battle Remy will remember Kurt`s words and ask Rogue to marry him. They will make a fast wedding and Nightcrawler will held the ceremony and it will give us a happy ending after dark times.

It will keep Genocide and trauma, keep Gambit`s sacrifice and will finally give a happy mutant nation that didn`t happen in ep 5.

HOX happened in 2019 and DeMayo pitched his story in 2020. It may really happen.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I've heard rumours that Lilandra and Deathbird are in this season.

Not sure about a Rogue and Gambit wedding, too soon, but I was surprised that Kurt mentioned weddings to Remy, I think eventually it'll happen, but not this season, no way. If Remy survives, I can see him maybe propose to Rogue at the end of season 2.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    spoilers:
    I've heard rumours that Lilandra and Deathbird are in this season.

spoilers:

Not sure about a Rogue and Gambit wedding, too soon, but I was surprised that Kurt mentioned weddings to Remy, I think eventually it'll happen, but not this season, no way. If Remy survives, I can see him maybe propose to Rogue at the end of season 2.
    end of spoilers
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:

If Remy will propose than wedding will happen immediately. Just happy X-Men and Nightcrawler speech with Romy vows. X-Men Gold 30 was so good because it happened immediately after proposal.
    end of spoilers

If Remy will propose than wedding will happen immediately. Just happy X-Men and Nightcrawler speech with Romy vows. X-Men Gold 30 was so good because it happened immediately after proposal. [/spoil]
    I thought cartoon Kurt’s suggestion was a nod to the comics for fans, where in XMen Gold #26 where he tells Gambit “we’ll be doing this for you someday” and Gambit comments that it’s not gonna happen.

It could just be a nod, or it could be foreshadowing. I’d like to keep my rose colored lenses on and think it’s foreshadowing. I was extremely hyped after watching XMen 97, but now reality is setting in and I’m getting depressed.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    I thought cartoon Kurt’s suggestion was a nod to the comics for fans, where in XMen Gold #26 where he tells Gambit “we’ll be doing this for you someday” and Gambit comments that it’s not gonna happen.

It could just be a nod, or it could be foreshadowing. I’d like to keep my rose colored lenses on and think it’s foreshadowing. I was extremely hyped after watching XMen 97, but now reality is setting in and I’m getting depressed.
    spoilers:

I feel you. I am on the fence of permanent death/Gambit will return but I do think it was a foreshadowing.
    We know that:
    AJ and Lenore probably recorded together for season 2,
    Lenore kinda just told keep watching because it is not over,

Also things happens really fast on X-Men 97 that is why I think that Kurt made foreshadowing for S1 final and not about S2.
    Ep 1 Remy offers Rogue a dance, Ep5 Rogue chose a wrong dance, Ep 10 finally a right dance together and maybe as a first dance on their marriage.

Sorry if I am too optimistic and Gambit is dead forever and we all will feel it as KO punch.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:

I feel you. I am on the fence of permanent death/Gambit will return but I do think it was a foreshadowing.
    We know that:
    AJ and Lenore probably recorded together for season 2,
    Lenore kinda just told keep watching because it is not over,

Also things happens really fast on X-Men 97 that is why I think that Kurt made foreshadowing for S1 final and not about S2.
    Ep 1 Remy offers Rogue a dance, Ep5 Rogue chose a wrong dance, Ep 10 finally a right dance together and maybe as a first dance on their marriage.

Sorry if I am too optimistic and Gambit is dead forever and we all will feel it as KO punch.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Nah never apologize for that. Being optimistic about these things and spreading it around is good. I myself fall on the more pessimistic side but that’s not were I want to be.
    This is fiction. A cartoon about super heroes. It’s even a continuation of one from the 90’s. I applaud DeMayo’s ambition but at the end of the day I just want X-men adventures. I want Remy to do and say cool things. Rogue to fly in and smash things while charming us and Remy.
    It works and at the end of the day that should be the core of X-men 97. More fun adventures.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    The ending in episode 5 hit me so much harder than expected (it's a cartoon for god's sake) and I didn't expect that. The fact Remy told Rogue that Mags was going to break her heart in two and then HE does. Oof. Tragic.

So, if we put everything together: Remy's comment about Rogue coming to his rescue, Rogue wearing that iconic dress, Nightcrawler's very random wedding comment, Lenore's tweet about keep watching/it's not over till it's over, the fact she recorded scenes with AJ last year, DeMayo telling us to trust him and that Romy are the OTP of the series...and then Cable showing up, clearly trying to PREVENT the massacre? Gambit's death has to be reversed in some way and Cable is the most obvious way. Who cares if some fans are angry about it? Some fans are angry about some elements of the series already. You can't please everyone all of the time and that's okay. If you stack everything together, it seems to point to our Cajun coming back. That's my take on it.
    end of spoilers

Can we agree not to use spoiler tags now? LOL.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Beau de Mayo saying he writes Magneto as himself puts this Magneto into context.

spoilers:
    Positivity is one of the reasons I went out of lurk mode and joined the conversation. Too much doom and gloom in this era.

Gambit will 100% be back this season. We're only halfway done. Plenty of time to leverage his death and have him come back in a big way during the finale then to "steal the show" at the very end. This isn't the comics. Telling a general audience that this story won't conclude for a year or two isn't going to fly. Gambit's part of the story is done and now all eyes are on Rogue. Things may feel dire right now but this is actually come back part of their arc. Rogue (and us) is at her lowest point. She will be going through a lot of emotions next episode, coming to terms with what happened and her feelings. Once there is light at the end of tunnel, she will be moving heaven and earth to get Gambit back.

If the writers have done their job, everyone will be cheering her on to do it. Does that cheapen Gambit's death? It does, but was the act important or the fact he didn't hesitate to act? Someone that was having doubts all season and reached his lowest last episode didn't even second guess himself. He saved the Morlocks, Rogue, and stopped the sentinel from claiming more deaths. The same Gambit that did all that was the same one that arrived on Genosha. It was always there. Our boy is ready and has been ready all season long, now it's all on Rogue's shoulders to catch up to him. There is still time for him to do something else big, whether it's action related or his relationship with Rogue.

As for ending the season with their marriage: I would lose my mind. I do think that would be something they would want to save for a later season though. HOWEVER, if they want to recapture their wedding from the comics, the Gala would be perfect place to steal the show. There isn't any other weddings in the X-Men future right now and what's not crazy is all their friends will be there and they have someone to marry them. Also the perfect time to reveal Val was Mystique this entire time.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Zin Magala; 04-12-2024 at 10:14 AM.

Is the 72 hours for comic book spoilers or all media spoilers? i'll be honest, i usually only wait 24 hours...

I think it should be ok to not have to use spoiler tags anymore, as I have seen other appreciation threads not using them.

Anyway, I agree. X-Men is all about preventing horrible presents and futures, as long as some of the impact of Genosha stays I think it's fine. Maybe just let it simmer for an episode or two, but what really matters is the execution of a trope; not usually the idea. Krakoa made death basically a non-issue and people still loved the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Foon4000 View Post
    Beau de Mayo saying he writes Magneto as himself puts this Magneto into context.
    Mind citing this?

Quote Originally Posted by ActualLibrarian View Post
    Mind citing this?
    https://twitter.com/BeauDemayo/statu...78058180415533

A great mind undermined by their libido? Hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Foon4000 View Post
    https://twitter.com/BeauDemayo/statu...78058180415533

A great mind undermined by their libido? Hmm.
    I don't think this is a case of self-inserting so the writer can lust after Rogue (nor do I really think most writers actually do this, but that's a can of worms I'm not going to touch in here). Beau DeMayo is gay. I took this as him saying as a person with several intersectional identities, he empathizes with Magneto's path, so he's easier to write.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    I don't think this is a case of self-inserting so the writer can lust after Rogue (nor do I really think most writers actually do this, but that's a can of worms I'm not going to touch in here). Beau DeMayo is gay. I took this as him saying as a person with several intersectional identities, he empathizes with Magneto's path, so he's easier to write.
    Beau DeMayo is a great writer and that's not what I was suggesting. I was referring his OnlyFans and Disney.

Thanks! I don't know if it has to do with anything related to the relationship aspect of Magneto but more towards an awareness related to internal arrogance? Magneto is pretty arrogant and he does not hide that fact. Strong people have strong feelings. I am not going to get into this part of that aspect related to Demayo's personality as I do not have enough information to properly compare the two but if this is self-awareness of a writers own personality whether it be a flaw or a strength is actually genius.