Page 46 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Foon4000 View Post
    Beau DeMayo is a great writer and that's not what I was suggesting. I was referring his OnlyFans and Disney.
    Now I am wondering if the reason he got fired was because of hitting on interns…lol

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Is the 72 hours for comic book spoilers or all media spoilers? i'll be honest, i usually only wait 24 hours...

I think it should be ok to not have to use spoiler tags anymore, as I have seen other appreciation threads not using them.

Anyway, I agree. X-Men is all about preventing horrible presents and futures, as long as some of the impact of Genosha stays I think it's fine. Maybe just let it simmer for an episode or two, but what really matters is the execution of a trope; not usually the idea. Krakoa made death basically a non-issue and people still loved the idea.
    My thoughts exactly.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Is the 72 hours for comic book spoilers or all media spoilers? i'll be honest, i usually only wait 24 hours...

I think it should be ok to not have to use spoiler tags anymore, as I have seen other appreciation threads not using them.

Anyway, I agree. X-Men is all about preventing horrible presents and futures, as long as some of the impact of Genosha stays I think it's fine. Maybe just let it simmer for an episode or two, but what really matters is the execution of a trope; not usually the idea. Krakoa made death basically a non-issue and people still loved the idea.
    I think the best example of this in Krakoa is the Wolverine/Nightcrawler panel from House of X. Everyone knew they would be back, but them sacrificing themselves to destroy Master Mold was extremely impactful because of the execution.
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by ActualLibrarian View Post
    Thanks! I don't know if it has to do with anything related to the relationship aspect of Magneto but more towards an awareness related to internal arrogance? Magneto is pretty arrogant and he does not hide that fact. Strong people have strong feelings. I am not going to get into this part of that aspect related to Demayo's personality as I do not have enough information to properly compare the two but if this is self-awareness of a writers own personality whether it be a flaw or a strength is actually genius.
    I was being too glib earlier. I have no idea why he got fired and I've never met DeMayo. I think he's willing to acknowledge that being a great character doesn't mean you have perfect judgement or pure intentions in every aspect of your life. There is an intentional moral greyness in how Magneto's actions with Rogue are portrayed. See Monica Lewinsky and Bill Clinton.

I guess that's at least encouraging! And I love that Lenore pulled an X-Treme X-Men quote. Maybe she's been studying up for some 2nd & 3rd season plots. Destiny's Diaries would be fun.

Speaking of studying up, one of my Discord buddies (CodeAliasWave) has been recommending some background reading and watching that might give clues to the plots for episodes 7 and 8-10.

So she noted that Rogue calls Cable "Bright Eyes" very specifically in Part 2 of Time Fugitives in OG TAS. So I rewatched them. Really interesting that in these episodes, Cable uses a similar line to Gambit's, saying "Remember It" twice. So this implies that episodes 5 (Remember It) and 7 (Bright Eyes) are absolutely connected by Cable as everyone has guessed and that his appearance before the attack was significant. Also interesting, Time Fugitives Part 2 is a basically a "do-over" of the events of Time Fugitives Part 1 in which Cable has to alter events put in motion by Bishop just slightly in order to cause a different outcome in his future and prevent the X-Men from dying as they do in Part 1.

Also, if like me you skipped the New X-Men Morrison run because all your faves were on Claremont's team in X-Treme and the art didn't grab you, I'd definitely go read through at least two arcs: E for Extinction and Planet X. So 97's episode 5 was basically a heightened version of E for Extinction as everyone has noted ... maybe cross pollinated with recent Krakoa vibes and the Gala attack. It was a really short arc. The big question will be who was behind the Wild Sentinel attack in episode 5. This is what we'll probably learn in episode 7. Cassandra Nova is the villain in E and was also espousing replacement theory. But I don't think they'll use Cass N specifically here, but replacement theory does tie us back to what was in Episode 1, Trask, the Sentinels and we know that so many clues were planted in that first episode. She also pointed out that "Tolerance is Extinction" is a quote specifcally from the Planet X arc and ... yeah if that plot is a clue it will be SUPER INTERESTING because of what is revealed about Mags. I'm also going to reread Operation Zero Tolerance ... yet another arc I skipped most of since Gambit was gone through MUCH of it. Why was he gone you ask? Because of Antarctica. Again, interesting since this Gambit is also now gone. And OZT is specifically an arc that takes place when? You guessed it, 1997! LOL We also know the French translations are specifically OZT and we had that Bastion Easter egg. So is it Bastion behind the wild Sentinel? Or could they pull in Apocalypse?

So I'm feeling a little more hopeful today for Remy's return by end of the season. And I 100% agree that Gambit saying Rogue always comes to his rescue will be somehow prophetic.
    Last edited by AppleJ; 04-12-2024 at 07:40 PM.

This one is very specific. That quote is the first thing Rogue says after bringing Remy back from the pearly gates.

That's twice now, first the avatar and now this. Lol. I don't know if Lenore is trolling us or she has an incredible pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilargi View Post
    This one is very specific. That quote is the first thing Rogue says after bringing Remy back from the pearly gates.

That's twice now, first the avatar and now this. Lol. I don't know if Lenore is trolling us or she has an incredible pick.
    Oh wow. Interesting choice.

Yeah, Lenore seems to be dropping a number of hints for fans to not lose hope and stop watching the show (which, let's be honest, could happen when you kill off a popular character), so it's a good sign.

'97 is smashing together so many storylines I have no idea how those last three episodes will play out. We know Trask has gone mad, the FOH are active, Bastion exists, and Cable is definitely trying to prevent the massacre...that has all been confirmed. I still think the time travel element will be a partial reset, saving some characters (yes, Gambit!), but many will die (Maddie, maybe) and Genosha will be destroyed. If Mags will turn villainous again (I think most of us assume this), he needs to be triggered, and Cable preventing the entire attack wouldn't be enough to turn him bad again, so the massacre still needs to happen on some level, I think. Trask is definitely behind the wild Sentinels, but who is his backer is the real question? The fact the French episodes are called OZT implies Bastion might be in the mix, but the show plays fast and loose with storylines, so anything can happen.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Thank you for unpacking that AppleJ, I did skip New XMen in favor of XXM and ignored everything Morrison was doing. Very interesting!

The whole XTas97 team is so compassionate and empathetic, so respectful of fans. I really appreciate everything they’re doing. The love they put into their work really shines in the excellent product they’ve created. I love it when creators acknowledge that every character is someone’s favorite and treat them all respectfully.

Spectacular Member CamilleMoineau's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    The whole XTas97 team is so compassionate and empathetic, so respectful of fans. I really appreciate everything they’re doing. The love they put into their work really shines in the excellent product they’ve created. I love it when creators acknowledge that every character is someone’s favorite and treat them all respectfully.
    If it doesn't involve Romy, it doesn't interest me, plain and simple.

I also love all the interaction, love, and respect between this team and toward us fans--I don't even mind the trolling, because even that's done out of a sense of care. Especially right now, I'm loving that people are feeling free to share their stories. It's sort of like a virtual group hug, and I'm here for it.

ETA: Lenore is on the latest ep of the To Me, My X-Men podcast with a check-in. Get tissues, unless you're all cried out.
    Last edited by CamilleMoineau; 04-13-2024 at 06:17 AM.
    “Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by CamilleMoineau View Post
    If it doesn't involve Romy, it doesn't interest me, plain and simple.

I also love all the interaction, love, and respect between this team and toward us fans--I don't even mind the trolling, because even that's done out of a sense of care. Especially right now, I'm loving that people are feeling free to share their stories. It's sort of like a virtual group hug, and I'm here for it.

ETA: Lenore is on the latest ep of the To Me, My X-Men podcast with a check-in. Get tissues, unless you're all cried out.
    Oh! I have to check that out.

I saw a photo of her in one of the posts on the XReadsPodcast Instagram and she has a t-shirt with an image of Rogue in front of a chess set with "GAMBIT'S QUEEN" written on it, LOL. Genius.

[Edit] I had the time to listen to that podcast episode. Takeaways:

1. I can't believe Lenore improvised that line (it's a pivotal one). I wonder what the original line was.
    2. I assume we don't need spoiler tags anymore? She confirms Leech is dead. I had doubts that Mags had died (I wondered if he wasn't just knocked unconscious, so presumably so would Leech), but Mags might actually be dead...which means there will be some "resurrections". No way they'll leave him dead.
    3. I like how people are saying she deserves an Emmy. I feel that quality cartoons aren't given enough respect. I also thought AJ was astounding in this episode. We finally got to properly hear his Gambit voice, and I've come to really like it.
    4. Has AJ done any interviews lately? I'm just thinking that, if Gambit were truly dead, AJ would be making the rounds doing interviews. Too much silence means he can't really talk about it, I think.
    5. It's comforting to see/hear about all of the other people traumatized/depressed by the episode 5 ending. Disney really does need to provide us with an address to send our future therapy bills, lol.

In other news, re: Cassandra Nova, I found this:
    https://www.inverse.com/entertainmen...cassandra-nova
    Last edited by Nox Noctes; 04-13-2024 at 08:02 AM.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Astonishing Member

If she’s trolling at this point, she’s just downright mean.

Edit: just went to that link, she’s plugging her new album and the song is only saying to move on and get over it. :/
    Last edited by anyajenkins; 04-13-2024 at 09:01 AM.

X-men 97 has been amazing and I have been loving some Rogue and Gambit. My mom is watching this series and she spoiled what happened to Gambit for my sister. My sister is near 50 and my mom is in her 70s. Naturally my sister now refuses to watch but I'm still trying to get her to go for it. Gambit is her favorite X-man along with Rogue.

That last episode was so emotional and shocking. One of my favorite moments was with Gambit and the Sentinel head when he was rescuing the Morlocks. Gambit definitely stole the show and had quite the moment. I'm among those hoping he has more later in the show.

I'm also hoping for big things for Rogue and Gambit in the comics under Gail Simone. While they've had some minis in the last few years they've been in the background too much. Here's hoping for good things in both the animated series and in the comics for these two.

Lenore's not a troll.

I've noticed she's becoming comic book savvy lately. lol

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

I think Lenore truly cares about the characters and the fans. I'm sure she was playing the Rogneto drama up originally, but I don't think she's trying to troll us anymore
    Make Good Art