Page 42 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    spoilers:
    Chris Potter as Cable, he could be the man to bring Remy back. He's obviously going to try again to prevent the attack, otherwise what was the point of that scene? Maybe Rogue goes with him and have Lenore and Chris working together again.

That said, I want Gambit back obviously, but the episode's ending was so good that I don't want his sacrifice to be erased either. I don't know...
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    DeMayo told that Ep 5 was our warm-up before episodes 8-10.
    So maybe they are going full Krakoa and kill all or most X-Men so healed Xavier will return from space and ressurect everyone?

I don`t want Cable to erase everything. Also Cable/Maddie moment was perfect.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    The more I think about it, the more I believe Maddie will be involve in some way. Their scene at the bar could be foreshadowing to that. I'm not really sure how Cable will work without erasing the events of the episode. Gambit would lose his moment and we would be back to Rogneto again. Plus, if Cable could stop the attack on Genosha, why didn't he do that instead of arriving moments before? It could be Genosha has to happen to keep his timeline in check. Maybe he showed up to save Maddie so she can help save Gambit. I guess that's my wild speculation for the day.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I bounce between wanting Cable to pull off the reset he is trying to do, and Apocalypse resurrecting Gambit as Death.

I genuinely dislike the Deathbit storyline, but I also want them to preserve his moment of sacrifice. But these writers are better than Milligan was, so maybe they will implement Deathbit better. It will at least be shorter if they do it.
    end of spoilers

More thoughts:

spoilers:
    Recently I started listening to this podcast called "Previously on X-men" by Radio Meanwhile and, while discussing an old XTAS episode, they commented about how Gambit would profess his love for Rogue in one episode, then hit on some random woman in another. During the conversation between Remy and Rogue in this episode, he says something along the lines of Rogue not wanting to make it "official" and that makes so much sense looking back. It explains not only this, but why their relationship hasn't evolved in the way it should in both series. Also, that line where Rogue was like, "You light up everything you touch, just not me" or whatever--that just cut like a knife.

My biggest complaint would be that awful Rogue/Mags dancing scene--it just seemed so unnecessarily cruel to have it out on the dance floor where Remy could see them (thankfully he had the sense to leave). It should have been in the middle of the crowd, not levitating in the air. Overkill.

After watching it for the third time, I realized that, had Rogue not tried to avenge Magneto's death, Remy would not have died. Oof. And the full circle of Rogue breaking up with Remy because she could not "feel" his heart beating for her and that ending where she could touch him but literally could not feel him...that just kills me.

I'm still holding out hope that Gambit isn't dead (he doesn't have to die to be a hero, dammit), and that casket is for someone else. Maddie maybe? Or it could be a mass burial scene for multiple deceased individuals? So many characters died, I just don't want it to be Remy and I don't want to wait until next season for some Apocalypse horsemen resurrection either.

That ending just makes me...sad.
    end of spoilers

AJ LoCascio and Lenore Zann did some incredible voice work, though. Just heart wrenching.
    Last edited by Nox Noctes; 04-10-2024 at 02:42 PM.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Spectacular Member CamilleMoineau's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    spoilers:
    I bounce between wanting Cable to pull off the reset he is trying to do, and Apocalypse resurrecting Gambit as Death.

I genuinely dislike the Deathbit storyline, but I also want them to preserve his moment of sacrifice. But these writers are better than Milligan was, so maybe they will implement Deathbit better. It will at least be shorter if they do it.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That's what I'm feeling and hoping, because I really don't want to go back to square one, as much as I really hate the Deathbit plot; I have faith they can improve on it, at least somewhat...

Anyway, that dance scene was so painful and gross--like fine, you want to show Genosha you're their queen, but that was too much. Glad Remy didn't stick around.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by CamilleMoineau; 04-10-2024 at 02:44 PM.
    “Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

spoilers:
    Ok ... had all day to process, two watches, and even having seen this coming miles away, I'm still devastated. But in the best way possible? Because the rest of the world finally got to see what we all know - just how ****ing awesome a character Gambit is. He went down as the biggest hero and sacrificed himself without a second thought, saving not only Rogue but all the mutants with Nightcrawler on that roof (including Beau DeMayo LOL).

And he did so in the most BAMF way possible. We got to see his full agility and skill and creativity with his powers, way more than throwing a few cards. Leaps, flips, and motorcycle handling that was mindblowingly fun to watch. And then just when you think he is down, charging the whole GD sentinel with that final cocky line to totally laugh and spit in the face of death.

And all this despite him thinking Rogue has chosen Magneto. He is relieved when he finds her alive and doesn't hesitate to fight side-by-side in their true complimentary battle couple fashion. It was such a beautiful thing to behold, them fighting together. And he stops her from putting herself in harms way twice.

Then there was the heartwrenching discussion between Rogue and Gambit. Her coming to him and finally telling him was such a relief. We finally get an understanding of why they have been stuck this whole time, with Rogue being the one who didn't want to be something official. It's hard not to see her POV on this. In a way, she is doing Remy a kindness of not being stuck with a woman he can't touch. The way she grabs her arm, you can tell its because not being close to him is almost physically painful for her and requires so much self restraint. On paper (minus the grooming of a young woman whonwas in his care), Mags looks like the easy and logical choice. I think Rogue is trying to follow her head rather than her heart at first, but it's Remy who is trying to tell her it's much bigger and deeper than being able to touch. He has to have already come to this realization since he could have moved on at any time and hasn't. She obviously is suffering, but he is too in this situation. But I am so freaking relieved that he stands up for himself in such a mature fashion despite how hurt he is. Rogue truly doesn't realize what she has in him until she has lost him. It's not far off from the Harbor Speech in that he is clear with her about how he feels and then he releases her of any obligation so she can choose freely. Again, showing people that Remy is honorable and not "a creep".

I frickin' hated that dance sequence, although I was so super excited to see Rogue's red dress. It felt unnecessary to be so on display and public, but I do think it was Rogue trying the "fake it till you make it" approach trying to talk herself in to being with Mags and fulfilling this huge roll. When she turns him down I seriously cheered.

But I HATE that Gambit had to see them touch and died not knowing Rogue had actually chosen him.

And can we talk about the discussion that Kurt and Remy have where he says he should just marry her already?!?! Holy foreshadowing Batman.

But this Remy still doesn't see himself as worthy. He still views himself as a scoundrel and a sinner who doesn't merit a white picket fence ending. And Kurt's line to him that "There is no love without sin, for love is best measured in what we forgive". That is really going to ring true for these two and I think will end up being important.

And then Rogue's utter devastation at the end. My God. It nearly brought me to real tears with her holding and finally being able to touch his lifeless and very damaged body.

This episode went so hard. I hate that Remy died, but I don't want his sacrifice taken away from him or all this forward progress between Rogue and Gambit erased.

If I was writing it, I'd want Cable to take Rogue and Nightcrawler back to the battle and pull all the dead mutants out from their deaths at the last possible second.

I'd want Rogue to rescue Gambit right before the explosion and finally tell him that she loves.

I also don't think Magneto is dead. I think he did some move that protected the Morlocks and then that Leech shielded him from detection. This will definitely the triggering event that turns him away from the Dream and the X-Men again.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Another thing I forgot to mention: if you pay close attention to what Cyclops and Jean say during their fight, there's a parallel between them and the love triangle. Cyclops asks Jean if she remembers loving him or if she feels it. Kind of sounds like Rogue's situation with Mags--she remembers their past relationship, but when faced with it, she realizes it's fizzled out and chooses Remy.
    end of spoilers
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

spoilers:
    I know this is a strange wish, but if they show us the funeral, I hope Storm will give the farewell speech for Gambit, she was always so kind to him
    end of spoilers

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

spoilers:
    Just saw the interview from Beau & the joint one from Gambit & Rogue’s VA. They’re really, really selling us that Gambit is hella dead.

…we’re not in stupid deep denial about Cable resetting this are we? Right? Like it had to mean something that he showed up for 3 seconds and The Watcher was randomly there.

Alright, going back to laying on the floor with all these feelings
    end of spoilers

Fantastic Member

spoilers:
    I'm just gonna come out and say it. Gambit's death is a relief, he doesn't have to watch those savages eating beignets with silverware and no powdered sugar.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    spoilers:
    Just saw the interview from Beau & the joint one from Gambit & Rogue’s VA. They’re really, really selling us that Gambit is hella dead.

…we’re not in stupid deep denial about Cable resetting this are we? Right? Like it had to mean something that he showed up for 3 seconds and The Watcher was randomly there.

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I'm on team reset by Cable. Gambit being dead for real is too damn depressing.
    end of spoilers
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    spoilers:

end of spoilers
    Yeah I don't understand what this statement is getting at here or trying to do. Like I get the general sentiment, spoilers:
    but if Gambit doesn't come back somehow eventually then I won't stick around for this. Yes the real world has permanent stakes and it's horrible and tragic and we don't see it coming. Which is why we are watching a cartoon scifi fantasy where it's not always a total hellscape and sometimes the good guys get a win and things like time travel and resurrection exist so that we don't have to drown in our loss and grief forever like IRL.
    end of spoilers

I think as it stands now much of the accolades being heaped upon 97 is because they are treating it as permanent. GoT’s red wedding is used in comparisons a lot. So if it is undone there will be a backlash. Even a part of me sort of wants it to be permanent, partly because I can then stop watching. I doubt I will be given a better out then this.

If they want it to be reversed the best option would be to pile upon the tragedies so that reversing it will just be another link in a larger chain. Genosha though, that one should probably stand, it’s hard to undo that one and get away with it.
    Last edited by Malachi; 04-10-2024 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Yeah I don't understand what this statement is getting at here or trying to do. Like I get the general sentiment, spoilers:
    but if Gambit doesn't come back somehow eventually then I won't stick around for this. Yes the real world has permanent stakes and it's horrible and tragic and we don't see it coming. Which is why we are watching a cartoon scifi fantasy where it's not always a total hellscape and sometimes the good guys get a win and things like time travel and resurrection exist so that we don't have to drown in our loss and grief forever like IRL.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, if this isn't reversible I'm not going to keep watching the show.
    I need some hope, Romy was supposed to be the OTP of the show and there hasn't been a single romantic moment between them. Just Rogneto.
    If Romy was just a bait right away I'm off the hook.

And I think the show is awesome, but I don't like being lied to. Lol.

But I still don't believe it's a definitive death.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    What I don't understand is what was the point of having Nightcrawler tell Remy to propose to Rogue when the writers knew he wouldn't ask and then would die at the end of the episode? It's oddly specific. Was it somehow foreshadowing his rival Mags asking her to be his queen? Was it a throwaway line? Or was it some hint that this may not be the end of Gambit's story? To drop a hint like that (and call Romy the OTP in an previous interview) then abruptly end their arc at episode 5 is a cruel joke if you ask me.
    end of spoilers
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.