Page 32 of 65 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    I think that is Gambit's mansion. Ohh this is getting me more excited X.x

Yep. I would love to see that. Plus, anyone complaining about the X-Men not being in a mansion could be pacified.

My guesses are: Tante Mattie’s house in da bayou. Or: Antiquary’s Mansion.

Voodoo? Or Creepy magical undertones?

It's probably Gambit's mansion, but I'd love it to be Tante Mattie's house, she has a lot to do with magic so I hope she appears in the books. And Jean-Luc too.

One of the quotes from Gail's Uncanny X-Men panel mentioned the book will consist of 18 issues in the first year. So I'm guessing some months will have multiple issues released? I'm hoping David Marquez can pen all the issues. Looking forward to this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    The more I read about Uncanny, the more I'm looking forward to it. It sounds almost too good to be true, lol.
    I think that is Gambit's mansion. Ohh this is getting me more excited X.x

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    My guesses are: Tante Mattie’s house in da bayou. Or: Antiquary’s Mansion.

Voodoo? Or Creepy magical undertones?
    Seriously, fam. I feel like we really won here!

Something very comforting about knowing you have a specific number of issues promised and that can be plotted/paced for longer pay-offs.

My first thought was Gambit's mansion as well, though I'm struggling to recall if it survived that miniseries. Seems like time for a reread. That always struck a cord with me though when he said "Even a thief can dream."

Like seriously ... all he has ever wanted was a family ... just to be surrounded by loved ones he could fill up a house with.

I keep thinking Tante Mattie is the most obvious choice as a human ally, as the one piece of his family that's ever been reliable, and with her mystical/magical connections being potentially adjacent to this horror element. I'd love to see her again.

But the Anitiqary's Mansion ... now THERE is a thought! We know so so little about Remy's young childhood, but he must have memories of this place. We don't know much about who cared for him or what his early years entailed. And there would be quite a lot of artifacts with questionable histories there.

Oh that would be the perfect location. Gambit has come full circle and settled down. Wow. Brilliant. I hope it's the mansion.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Spectacular Member CamilleMoineau's Avatar

I seem to recall an article or interview where *I think* Rogue and Gambit are rumored to want try to live outside the confines of the mansion/X-Men, but I'm not sure how accurate that info is.

I'll be annoyed if we get more Storm/Forge than Romy.
    I saw that article too and I think they got mixed up with Scott and Jean wanting to possibly leave the mansion.

Yes, I'd be mad too if Storm/Forge takes up Romy time.

Anyway, add me to the chorus of voices wanting the house to be either his mansion, the Antiquary's mansion, or Tante Mattie's place--though it'd be awfully crowded for everyone to stay there, if that's the intention. I'd also love to see Jean-Luc, this time looking sharp like he used to, as I don't like the look he's sported lately.
    Last edited by CamilleMoineau; 03-31-2024 at 04:23 PM.
    “Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Who decided that Jean-Luc a weird pirate-lookin’ Corsair type and not the reserved, sharp, withholding and stoic man he’d been when he was invented? Please have that person spanked, and not in a sexy way.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Wars View Post
    I don't know Serious George but he must be an inker/colorist because the artist is Paulo Siqueira.
    I know, right?! I'm only familiar with his work on covers for Michelinie's Venom: Lethal Protector Saga

Last edited by K7P5V; 03-31-2024 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Wars View Post
    I don't know Serious George but he must be an inker/colorist because the artist is Paulo Siqueira.
    It actually said it was SeriousGeorge in the search. So they were wrong. I'm not familiar with Paulo.

All-New Member

I seem to recall an article or interview where *I think* Rogue and Gambit are rumored to want try to live outside the confines of the mansion/X-Men, but I'm not sure how accurate that info is.

I'll be annoyed if we get more Storm/Forge than Romy.
    DeMayo said a long time ago that Storm and Cyclops would be the main characters for this series, so I wouldn't be surprised if Storm/Forge gets more screen time than Romy.

https://thedirect.com/article/x-men-...racters-reboot

I wonder if that will be true only for the first season or the second also (and any more the series may get). I've liked Rogue and Gambit's scenes together so far, and Rogue delivering the baby was awesome. They're a really fun couple, but with only seven more episodes to go, it feels like they're getting crumbs compared to several of the other characters. Personally, I'm not that interested in Cyclops, Storm, or Magneto. I do like Jean, but the whole clone/baby Nathan storyline was just depressing even knowing beforehand the show was going there. It feels like too much drama for her and Cyclops after the Phoenix saga.

Incredible Member

Oooh that's super cute. I love it

If you're watching 97' for Romy content you can pretty much sit this one out.
    spoilers:
    all their interaction occurred during the credits, and was Remy offering Rogue coffee, only for her to say Magneto already got her some, and then Magneto smugly saying the amount of sugar she takes in her coffee, and then Remy talking **** back to him for a hot second. Still dragging out this awkward pseudo triangle, I have better hopes for next week.
    end of spoilers

Spectacular Member CamilleMoineau's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Duckie View Post
    If you're watching 97' for Romy content you can pretty much sit this one out.
    spoilers:
    all their interaction occurred during the credits, and was Remy offering Rogue coffee, only for her to say Magneto already got her some, and then Magneto smugly saying the amount of sugar she takes in her coffee, and then Remy talking **** back to him for a hot second. Still dragging out this awkward pseudo triangle, I have better hopes for next week.
    end of spoilers
    Same. Also, this week had another song to give us hope--this time Remy's switched to indie with 1991's "Only the Truth is Funny" by Bananafish. No detective-work this time--just the boring sensible route of looking in the credits, which I only thought of last time after all the work I put in to figure it out.

“Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

They know perfectly well how to provoke us and keep us hooked.
    But I want some action now!