Page 24 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    With Rogue's secret that she wants to KEEP from the X-Men, I don't think it's JUST about her past/relationship with Magneto, I think she must've done something horrible. Rogue was a bad person and Magneto was a terrorist at that time. Maybe he forced her to use her absorption powers on others for his gain? maybe she got a kick out it. Magneto in the Ep 2 does mention if the X-Men would trust her if they knew. A relationship with Magneto is forgivable...I think they both did something horrible in the past.
    …but the X-Men already know about her teen terrorist past with Carol, Mystique, and the Brotherhood. Storm and Jean even helped her through it when Carol tried to take over her body. If the “secret” is more than her hiding a past relationship with Magneto, then I’m almost nervous about what they retconned her additional crime to be here lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    I am hesitantly heading towards the mindset that what's going on between Rogue/Mags is being overblown and it might be a slight misdirect (i.e. she might rebuff him if he tries to take it too far). She says outright that whatever happened between them, "that cat will stay in the bag" and, if I remember correctly, she stops short of touching his face to instead touch his hand (as nauseating as that scene was). Maybe it's a bit of wishful thinking on my part, but this series has had some unexpected twists so far, so who knows?

I would have loved to see more interactions between Storm and both Rogue and Gambit. Storm was just stellar in both episodes.
    Yes to all of this. I’m still convinced the Magneto and Rogue stuff is just a big misdirect meant to further fracture the team by pushing Gambit away and introducing one of his arcs with Sinister or Apocalypse. There was all that emphasis on Rogue “touching” Magneto’s skin, and they’re definitely pushing them as exes, but I can see them pulling some O. Henry type twist with a devastating reveal, ie “oh whoops he was actually just pushing her to have full command of her powers in a way that Xavier never bothered.” (I’m in denial.)

They don't want to listen because fan favorite Magneto can't be flawed. He is right and everything he does is right.

And I know perfectly well that it's not written with that intention and it's the fault of writers who just want Mags to have a hot girlfriend, but it's awkward ( to say the least).

Quote Originally Posted by Ilargi View Post
    They don't want to listen because fan favorite Magneto can't be flawed. He is right and everything he does is right.
    Ha, I feel that. Sometimes some fans do such a disservice to the character that it turns me completely off the character I would otherwise enjoy at best, or be ambivalent to at worst. I’m glad that kind of stuff is kept to Twitter, but less glad it’s the sole focus of the X-office for years now.

There’s plenty of Rogue fans who like the pairing too. He’s a prestigious “get” for Rogue, maybe equaling more page-time for her. She’s a strong enough character with enough popularity that she won’t be fridged or nerfed for the sake of Magneto’s character story. At worst, she’d have his baby, because he’s just so virile it would be a privilege to be a mother to his child (probably a son). If you squint really hard, he is very attractive. He’s noble and driven. AND she can touch him, so why not? If there’s fans that liked Rogue for her headstrong, flirty, fun character, well Magneto’s probably not an appealing pairing. He’s a total wet blanket. BUt being Magneto’s Queen super soldier in his crusade might be the right choice for a matured, cause-driven/focused Rogue.

On the downside: Magneto, in addition to not being fun at parties, is not romantic, he thinks a hot date is explaining his backstory at a museum. But he does have shiny hair and big mad tiddies.

I guarantee that if push came to shove, Magneto wouldn’t choose Rogue over his cause or him proving a point. So if you believe in ideals over individuals, Mags is your guy.

Twitter can give us pretty things too

https://twitter.com/DaSawah/status/1...vJ36p0usw&s=19
    Last edited by Ilargi; 03-22-2024 at 03:37 PM.

Spectacular Member CamilleMoineau's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ilargi View Post
    Twitter can give US pretty things too

https://twitter.com/DaSawah/status/1...vJ36p0usw&s=19
    Awwww! We're gonna need something like this in the show.
    “Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

So what comic arcs for plots from this timeframe do you think they might farm for these other episodes/seasons? That might help figure out where Romy is going.

So far we got Lifedeath, Inferno, and Trial of Magneto. I'm wondering if they'll introduce Destiny at some point. Maybe the Muir Island Saga? Destiny's Diaries are a bit later, but could be fun. I'd love to see Fatal Attractions. That would definitely mean Mags' heel turn. We could see the New Mutants in a 2nd or 3rd season.

Romy stories are all these little moments in the 90's. We need a rooftop scene and/or carriage scene type equivalent to establish that Remy is serious and all in.

I'm dying to get to the scene in that new video clip and the one with Nightcrawler. A real talk is so overdue for these two.

I'm less sure we'll jump into more modern plots past the 2000's? It would make the '97 seem less fitting? Maybe up to CC X-Treme X-Men and Morrison New X-Men?

Maybe we could get a version of Valle Soleada?

And how do we foresee Rogue being able to touch Remy, if they let this happen? We are SO due for this payoff. An inhibitor device seems like the easy answer. Or do they go some route towards giving her power control?

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Um... I'm not looking forward to the love triangle. I think her and Mags is gross. They tried to bring it back in the mid 90's too with Joseph (remember him?) before Carey. and Gambit just became the character whining about Rogue (and Joseph).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    They tricked us pretty good, huh?
    Oof, they did…

Though humorous anecdote, apparently there were a few different ‘casuals’ on the MCU Reddit that thought the mysterious secret relationship with rogue and magneto was that she was his daughter and that’s what she didn’t want the X-men to know why he could touch her, lmao…

Incredible Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Um... I'm not looking forward to the love triangle. I think her and Mags is gross. They tried to bring it back in the mid 90's too with Joseph (remember him?) before Carey. and Gambit just became the character whining about Rogue (and Joseph).
    I hear you buddy…

IMG_0414.jpg
    L'Enfer !

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Oof, they did…

Though humorous anecdote, apparently there were a few different ‘casuals’ on the MCU Reddit that thought the mysterious secret relationship with rogue and magneto was that she was his daughter and that’s what she didn’t want the X-men to know why he could touch her, lmao…
    NOOOO! Now that would be one hell of a twist. Lol.

gasps-gasp.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ilargi; 03-23-2024 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Frosty atmosphere with Rogue. Remy holding the queen of hearts card. So it’s probably in relation to the last scene in episode 2. I would guess from episode 3 unless they let that plot simmer. The skyline looks alien(as in different), so probably not New York.
    Someone elsewhere said it might be Paris (I don't think it is, it might be Genosha). My guess is that he left/quit...and Rogue went out looking for him. These are from the same scene...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GJSl1z7W...jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GJUD2IUX...jpg&name=large

So we might finally get a real conversation between the two.
    These screenshots could be either episode 3 or episode 4.
    Episode 5 is most likely the Nightcrawler reunion with Rogue and Gambit in Genosha (I assume) Where Gambit's in a more chipper mood.
    Last edited by Sparta; 03-23-2024 at 02:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    They tricked us pretty good, huh?
    Perfect meme!

I don't think that Gambit leaves X-Men. He will probably be the one who stay to watch after Mags.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    Someone elsewhere said it might be Paris (I don't think it is, it might be Genosha). My guess is that he left/quit...and Rogue went out looking for him. These are from the same scene...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GJSl1z7W...jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GJUD2IUX...jpg&name=large

So we might finally get a real conversation between the two.
    These screenshots could be either episode 3 or episode 4.
    Episode 5 is most likely the Nightcrawler reunion with Rogue and Gambit in Genosha (I assume) Where Gambit's in a more chipper mood.
    Genosha was my first guess too. It all depends on how long there will be tension. How long they want to milk it…

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Genosha was my first guess too. It all depends on how long there will be tension. How long they want to milk it…
    My thoughts exactly. Gambit seems to be holding a Queen of hearts (I think) which is the card he was holding/dropped at the end of episode 2, so my guess is they're having a conversation about what is going on with Mags. If they're in Genosha, that would mean that scene would be from episode 5. Episode 3 will mostly be about Jean, episode 4 is split between Jubilee in Mojo world/Storm with the rumored introduction of Forge, episode 5 is Genosha. How much screen time they get in episodes 3 and 4 is the question. That's my guess.
    Last edited by Nox Noctes; 03-23-2024 at 06:39 AM.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.