Page 26 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Hmmm I dunno, the “Val Cooper is Mystique working for Magneto” part sounds like a theory formulated by someone who only knows their dynamic from the films.

The idea of Magneto manipulating all of these events would be a great plot twist and makes a whole lot of sense. I hope it's true.
    Last edited by Nox Noctes; 03-24-2024 at 07:32 AM.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    My guess is...

Episode 3 - Focus will be on Cyclops/Jean/Maddie and Mr Sinister. But there'll be some more development with Rogue/Magneto...and Gambit continuing to be suspicious (he might not leave yet).

Episode 4 - Jubilee/Roberto in Mojoworld and Storm/Forge Lifedeath. Rogue and Gambit probably won't be in this ep ...or if so, it'd be very brief.

Episode 5 - Rogue, Gambit and Wolverine will be sent to Genosha and that's where they'll reunite with Nightcrawler. At the mansion, the behind-scenes-press event will reveal the X-Men's dirty laundry...and that's when the Rogue/Magneto secret will be aired, probably in the evening. Rogue will enter the hotel room to an angry Gambit wearing that white suit. Genosha will be under attack (there's a screenshot of Wolverine and Nightcrawler looking up into the night sky to an ominous Sentinel attack). And that explains the bloodied Gambit fighting intensely in that preview. The episode is called "Remember It" ...Gambit's catch phrase.

Ramifications after episode 5? Gambit might leave, Rogue loses the trust of the X-Men (Magneto foreshadowed this). The Sentinels might actually win the battle/siege in Genosha turning it into a ruin, so maybe Rogue and Gambit go MIA instead along with Logan and Kurt?

There are theories going around about Magneto orchestrating certain events, deliberately allowing Storm to take the hit for him, manipulating Xavier's will, and that Val Cooper could be Mystique working for Magneto. Magneto at some point wears his red outfit and helmet, so he might do something to trigger the events of the big 3-part finale. Remember Cyclops leading and reuniting the team is one of the season's major plotlines (he's kind of the main man for this season)...and he's the one that's most suspicious of Magneto.

EDIT: Gambit leaving the X-Men due to heartache could be irresponsible, the Genosha attack will lead into a crisis and I don't think he'll abandon his teammates in these dire times.
    Yeah I'm anxious to see how they play this. I agree he wouldn't leave the team if they're under attack. I hope we aren't treated to extended jealousy and moping, but I suppose they may wish to play up the drama. I expect more advances from Mags and continued tension in the little moments.

Super curious if anything with Sinister and Remy comes into play for episode 3, but I concur it will be Scott/Jean focused.

I'm super excited for Episode 5, if not a bit nervous. There's something almost ominous about them choosing this specific catch phrase of "Remember it" and right before we head into the 3-part ending. I worry about Remy becoming the Morph of this season. Hoping I'm wrong and for an amazing display of his abilities though. Also hoping for a major confrontation between him and Rogue, so we can finally move forward with them. I really want to hear those words from her that she chooses him.

I think it's spot on for Rogue to choose the more difficult path in order to be true to her convictions. The man she loves but can't touch over the man she can touch but doesn't love. I'm a little less sure on whether she'll choose or not choose an inhibitor collar eventually. And maybe we won't get there this season. In the comics she was eventually willing to use them on a temporary basis, but it's at odds with the radical self acceptance that is key in the show. Maybe this series will find a third path. I'd still prefer Rogue getting some degree of control, but since DeMayo seemed less interested in pursuing that I'm less certain. This is where X-Men also dips into ableism and mental health politics a bit with when it's acceptable to let a character use technology to control or modulate their mutant powers in order to improve their quality of life and why it doesn't mean they are betraying their identity. Nobody is accusing Scott of denying himself as a mutant by controlling his optic blasts with his ruby quartz lenses for instance. But without that technology he'd have to live with his eyes closed at all times. That similarity between him and Rogue is one of the more interesting points that X-Men Evolution made.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Hmmm I dunno, the “Val Cooper is Mystique working for Magneto” part sounds like a theory formulated by someone who only knows their dynamic from the films.
    Magneto and Mystique worked together in the 'Beyond Good and Evil' storyline. I think they turned against Apocalypse (or something like that).

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    The idea of Magneto manipulating all of these events would be a great plot twist and makes a whole lot of sense. I hope it's true.
    I think he's manipulating some things, the theory about him deliberately letting Storm take the hit is a pretty horrible thing to do, not sure if he'll go to that extent (with a fellow mutant), but you never know. I just think this season is built on Cyclops leading the team and to carry on Xavier's legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Yeah I'm anxious to see how they play this. I agree he wouldn't leave the team if they're under attack. I hope we aren't treated to extended jealousy and moping, but I suppose they may wish to play up the drama. I expect more advances from Mags and continued tension in the little moments.
    Ep 3 will be an emotionally tough one for Gambit. But what confuses me is his change in mood in episode 5, at some point he seems to be in good terms with Rogue (in the Nightcrawler group hug shot). I would've assumed he'd be more distant towards her. Unless he's putting on an act.

Super curious if anything with Sinister and Remy comes into play for episode 3, but I concur it will be Scott/Jean focused.
    Sinister is Cyclops' greatest troll. Maybe they'll play on comic plots with Gambit somewhere down the track, but I doubt it'll be here.

I'm super excited for Episode 5, if not a bit nervous. There's something almost ominous about them choosing this specific catch phrase of "Remember it" and right before we head into the 3-part ending. I worry about Remy becoming the Morph of this season. Hoping I'm wrong and for an amazing display of his abilities though. Also hoping for a major confrontation between him and Rogue, so we can finally move forward with them. I really want to hear those words from her that she chooses him.
    Yeah I think ep 5 will be good, there'll be heartache but there'll be some solid character beats and that battle looks epic. They're obviously going to have that super angsty moment at the hotel room, but it might get interrupted by the sentinel attack. Gambit using that catch phrase could mean he'll risk his life to save Rogue or pull an "I am Iron Man" moment to save a bunch of mutants in Genosha. I think it'll be a good showcase to see how they work together in battle. Maybe by the end of the episode the angst simmers down and they start to pick up the pieces ...or like I pointed out earlier they could go MIA and then reunite in the next episode or 2.

I'm convinced Mags is up to no good. While he might not be responsible for orchestrating all of these events, I could see him being the cause behind some of them. It wouldn't be out of character for him to be cruel in the name of his cause.

As for Remy seemingly in a good mood in what we presume is episode 5, one could read deeply into it (i.e. he and Rogue have resolved their angst...which is the reason I wonder if the Mags/Rogue plot twist is a misdirect) or he's surprised and happy to see Nightcrawler. We'll have to wait and see, I guess.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

IMG_0775.jpg

As soon as Nightcrawler Bamfs away, Gambit’s expression changes.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    IMG_0775.jpg

As soon as Nightcrawler Bamfs away, GambitÂ’s expression changes.
    He's just being reactive.

Strange bit of animation though. If you look at the full vid, the animation STARTS with Rogue falling into Gambit (go to 0:34).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVQmCXosHtU

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    I'm convinced Mags is up to no good. While he might not be responsible for orchestrating all of these events, I could see him being the cause behind some of them. It wouldn't be out of character for him to be cruel in the name of his cause.

As for Remy seemingly in a good mood in what we presume is episode 5, one could read deeply into it (i.e. he and Rogue have resolved their angst...which is the reason I wonder if the Mags/Rogue plot twist is a misdirect) or he's surprised and happy to see Nightcrawler. We'll have to wait and see, I guess.
    I think Magneto manipulated Xavier's will. Why would Xavier not give the keys to Cyclops?

Gambit's mood's a headscratcher. Though the Nightcrawler hug could be a goodbye hug and it took place after the Genosha mission the next morning? After he had that discussion with Rogue?

Why no one would contest the will is a head scratcher; Cyclops could have easily had one line about it, but if that is the case, I guess the writers don't want us all to immediately suspect it. I'm convinced Mags won't be team leader by the season's end.

That scene could even be Nightcrawler's introduction, like, "Hi! I'm here!" Could really be anything.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    IMG_0775.jpg

As soon as Nightcrawler Bamfs away, Gambit’s expression changes.
    Yeah, could be another fake out. Nightcrawler jumps in, is excited to see them, they smile for his stake.

From the Den of Geek interview, a few more Uncanny crumbs:

Gail Simone (Birds of Prey, Deadpool) and David Marquez (Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man, All-New X-Men) will follow Gambit back to his old New Orleans stomping grounds in Uncanny X-Men, where he’ll team up with Wolverine, Jubilee, Nightcrawler, and Rogue.

For Simone, Gambit’s retreat to the bayou gives Rogue a chance to rest after the complicated events during the Fall of X storyline. But her retreat gets interrupted, not only by some young mutants who need help, but also by a frightening new baddie.

“Besides the Southern Gothic vibes, [Uncanny X-Men is] probably the scariest X-book,” she teases. “The new villain in there is someone that I would put up against any horror movie, psychological villain out there … and the sexiest.”

According to Brevoort, these various retreats to old, familiar places is a natural outcome of the From the Ashes event, in which Marvel’s mutants must find a way to live without their Krakoa home.

Spectacular Member CamilleMoineau's Avatar

Can't wait for August! Souther Gothic Romy sexiness--AND the purrbabies are doing ok? I need it nooooow. Also, I hope the book sells well and that we get more passengers aboard our ship from the show.
    “Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by CamilleMoineau View Post
    Can't wait for August! Souther Gothic Romy sexiness--AND the purrbabies are doing ok? I need it nooooow. Also, I hope the book sells well and that we get more passengers aboard our ship from the show.
    I mean it's a killer cast. Having Logan on your book is a huge anchor, along with the Uncanny name, two big time established creators like Gail Simone & David Marquez, and several top 10 characters with Gambit & Rogue as the central team anchors, plus Nightcrawler not to mention Jubilee. Plus the potential boost of XM'97.

I hope we get a long run and Gail gets to really cut loose.

After having to relive all this Rogneto BS, I'm so ready for the sexiest Romy book ever. I want the comics code authority to roll over in its grave. LOL Even MORE panels than their naked honeymoon.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    After having to relive all this Rogneto BS, I'm so ready for the sexiest Romy book ever. I want the comics code authority to roll over in its grave. LOL Even MORE panels than their naked honeymoon.
    Just give us a second, separate book of Romy sexytimes.
    Everyone's attention was on what Remy was wearing, but I, being the weirdo I am, was curious about the pop song in the background. Found it, and it fits thematically with how he feels about Rogue. Also, the song and video scream 1997. Behold:

“Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by CamilleMoineau View Post
    Just give us a second, separate book of Romy sexytimes.
    Everyone's attention was on what Remy was wearing, but I, being the weirdo I am, was curious about the pop song in the background. Found it, and it fits thematically with how he feels about Rogue. Also, the song and video scream 1997. Behold:

Holy cow, to notice the song and then find it is amazing. well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckie View Post
    Holy cow, to notice the song and then find it is amazing. well done.
    Thanks! I have a habit of catching background music, like in grocery stores, that most just sort of tune out. I did try SoundHound at first, got nothing, and it took some work to focus my ears because of the talking over it, but I got it.
    Last edited by CamilleMoineau; 03-25-2024 at 11:33 PM.