Page 43 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

Remember It by Lucas Werneck

I found some short responses from Beau DeMayo's Twitter. Here's some links...(spoilers if you click)

https://twitter.com/BeauDemayo/statu...02292464078882

https://twitter.com/BeauDemayo/statu...69184665977104

https://twitter.com/N8iveGuerrero13/...85668511379604

https://twitter.com/comicbookkyle/st...63969476534321

spoilers:
    A couple of times he mentions the importance of Gambit not knowing that Rogue had chosen him before he died.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    I found some short responses from Beau DeMayo's Twitter. Here's some links...(spoilers if you click)

https://twitter.com/BeauDemayo/statu...02292464078882

https://twitter.com/BeauDemayo/statu...69184665977104

https://twitter.com/N8iveGuerrero13/...85668511379604

https://twitter.com/comicbookkyle/st...63969476534321

spoilers:
    A couple of times he mentions the importance of Gambit not knowing that Rogue had chosen him before he died.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    It could be as simple as showing what hero Gambit truly is, sacrificing himself to save the woman who didn't choose him...or something else. It could go either way: death or resurrection. Despite Gambit having some great scenes and a heroic death, it just doesn't sit right with me. XTAS made a lot of viewers into Romy fans, so to short change us like this feels wrong.
    end of spoilers
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

spoilers:
    I can see Sinister do something, and it's comic accurate, I know they're building Essex up for major roles. That's probably the best option because it doesn't take away from Gambit's sacrifice. The other theory is Cable and time-travel which there is evidence of in this episode. The other is Apocalypse and Death-Bit.

If it were time travel, I don't mind the idea of Cable working with Gambit, reaching him at the gala in time to prevent the attack, he could still have his hero moment, but survive? A bit like the 'Prisoner of Azkaban' where Hermione was changing events with time travel. And don't underestimate the Chris Potter connection. Maybe it's too good to be true, but I like the idea.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I read somewhere that DeMayo intentionally made a link between the club scene in episode 1 where Gambit offered his hand to Rogue and made that comment about dancing and that awful Rogue/Mags dance in episode 5. What if Gambit's comment in episode 1 about Rogue always coming to his rescue (the beignet scene) is also such a scene, seeding for something to come? Food for thought.
    end of spoilers
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    spoilers:
    I read somewhere that DeMayo intentionally made a link between the club scene in episode 1 where Gambit offered his hand to Rogue and made that comment about dancing and that awful Rogue/Mags dance in episode 5. What if Gambit's comment in episode 1 about Rogue always coming to his rescue (the beignet scene) is also such a scene, seeding for something to come? Food for thought.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I was thinking about that "rescue" quote too. Maybe Rogue and Cable work together, by travelling with him? She did deliver him at birth, so there's a connection. I think Nate's the key, he's hell-bent on preventing the Genosha attack, there was foreshadowing in the first ep as well. We know he eventually plays a big role at some point this season.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    DeMayo said it was an allusion to the line where Gambit says a worthwhile man would gladly suffer your hand for a dance, not realizing he would be the one suffering.

I personally think the line over breakfast might be more ironic. Gambit came to Rogue's rescue this time, despite what he said.

I realized why Rogue and Magneto were dancing in the air too, based on episode 1. It was the only place that Rogue could safely dance with bare skin, and it also was a public display of the fact that the X-Men endorsed hin. Again, she still should have talked to Gambit beforehand and let him know what she was planning, but drama doesn't run on adult conversations.

That Werneck art is the dance we deserved!
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Lenore Zann: Keep watchin’ Sugah. It ain’t over til it’s over...
    end of spoilers

https://twitter.com/ZannLenore/statu...80900751077459
    Last edited by Sparta; 04-11-2024 at 05:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilargi View Post
    That's bullshit She loves him and it was the most emotional moment of the whole chapter.

And it pisses me off all this misogyny. There are people who take advantage of the slightest opportunity to spout their hateful rant against Rogue.
    On another note. I think Kurt's quote will go to Gambit forgiving Rogue. I don't think he would do anything wrong.

He's been the hero it wouldn't be right for them to make him step back after his big moment.
    Being a woman doesnt give you a pass to humiliate someone in the most public way so no it isnt misogyny. If Gambit had went to a ball and made out with Emma Frost in front of the whole world hours after Rogue poured her heart out to him he would be criticized as well.

This isnt even out of character for Rogue as she did the same thing during Legacy. Right after Gambit's harbor speech she went and slept with Mags.

It is perfectly fine if you dont find these acts disrespectful. What is not fine is you insulting others who disagree with you. In any event this is an appreciation thread so I will leave it at that. Agree to disagree.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

spoilers:
    My take is that it is fine to criticize Rogue for her actions. I don't think she comes out of this arc looking great, even if there are understandable reasons for what she does. She was groomed; she doesn't know if she'll be able to touch anyone again, etc.

However, where it crosses over onto misogyny is where people are calling her a slut and saying she is for the streets. She's a confused woman who doesn't have a lot of relationship experience, who is terrified of what she feels for Gambit when she can't touch him. She handles it very badly and hurts Gambit, and should have learned from his grace and maturity, but that doesn't make her the whore that Twitter is making her out to be.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    spoilers:
    Lenore Zann: Keep watchin’ Sugah. It ain’t over til it’s over...
    end of spoilers

https://twitter.com/ZannLenore/statu...80900751077459
    My oh my. That changes things, doesn't it?

spoilers:
    Another theory: Gambit states Rogue didn't want to make their relationship official, Nightcrawler mentions marriage-- what if the timeline gets reset by Cable or whatever, Gambit is revived and they make it official?

I'm at the point of just throwing around wild theories now LOL.
    end of spoilers

I almost wish I had waited until all of the episodes had dropped before watching, because as fun as it is to speculate, it's also kind of emotionally devastating for an obsessive fangirl like me when stuff like this happens, LOL.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Lenore gives me hope.

I'm going to cling to that hope while sobbing, but it's hope.

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    spoilers:
    My take is that it is fine to criticize Rogue for her actions. I don't think she comes out of this arc looking great, even if there are understandable reasons for what she does. She was groomed; she doesn't know if she'll be able to touch anyone again, etc.

However, where it crosses over onto misogyny is where people are calling her a slut and saying she is for the streets. She's a confused woman who doesn't have a lot of relationship experience, who is terrified of what she feels for Gambit when she can't touch him. She handles it very badly and hurts Gambit, and should have learned from his grace and maturity, but that doesn't make her the whore that Twitter is making her out to be.
    end of spoilers
    This is a reasonable and fair take.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Spectacular Member CamilleMoineau's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    spoilers:

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    And they'll keep it up no matter what happens--hell, the fact they're still at it after this episode clearly explained where Remy, Rogue, and Erik stood relationship-wise, plus the grooming issue--shows that they're being willfully ignorant, picking and choosing what behavior to focus in on. It's possible to love a character, understand their motivations (or try to) and be critical of their actions. Anyway, this attitude toward Rogue among certain fans isn't new, but the fact it's going more widespread is. What makes it worse is that these newer slut-shamers come off as a bunch of incels wanting to paint Remy as the hateful, vengeful little loser they are, rather than who he is.

Rogue "deserves" to hold the body of the man she loves and to mourn him. After consideration, I think her choice at the gala was to overdo things in order to convince herself it's what she wanted--understandable, but terribly executed and hurtful toward Remy. Even so, he was who she chose in the end--to ignore that part just to disparage her more is some bullshit.

Anyway, if I judged either of these characters on whether or not they deserve the other the other because of their stupid and thoughtless behavior, I wouldn't be in this thread.
    end of spoilers
    “Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by CamilleMoineau View Post
    spoilers:
    And they'll keep it up no matter what happens--hell, the fact they're still at it after this episode clearly explained where Remy, Rogue, and Erik stood relationship-wise, plus the grooming issue--shows that they're being willfully ignorant, picking and choosing what behavior to focus in on. It's possible to love a character, understand their motivations (or try to) and be critical of their actions. Anyway, this attitude toward Rogue among certain fans isn't new, but the fact it's going more widespread is. What makes it worse is that these newer slut-shamers come off as a bunch of incels wanting to paint Remy as the hateful, vengeful little loser they are, rather than who he is.

Rogue "deserves" to hold the body of the man she loves and to mourn him. After consideration, I think her choice at the gala was to overdo things in order to convince herself it's what she wanted--understandable, but terribly executed and hurtful toward Remy. Even so, he was who she chose in the end--to ignore that part just to disparage her more is some bullshit.

Anyway, if I judged either of these characters on whether or not they deserve the other the other because of their stupid and thoughtless behavior, I wouldn't be in this thread.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The fact that Remy would blow up all these so called fans is still funny to me.

They are almost worse than some Christian fundamentalists with Jesus. Your idol wouldn't like you at all.
    end of spoilers