Page 23 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member CamilleMoineau's Avatar

After having a day to process, you know what?
    BRING IT ON. I wanted melodrama, and that's what we're getting, though I still hate this and that it might last a season. We know who her home and harbor is--let's hope she realizes it quickly.

Oh, also: I would gladly take a pair of scissors to his hair. You're Sad Remy now, cut that hair!
    “Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

His hair would look amazing without the ponytail.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

It’s been so hard not to well actually folks on other forums who keep well actuallying any fans upset by Rogue/Magneto by smugly posting comic panels like it’s some checkmate, and/or claiming they’re only upset because they’re “skewed” by the Fox movies. But— Anna Paquin was seventeen in that first movie. And despite how much they’ve always hypersexualized her, Rogue was only eighteen during that Savage Land arc.

(Just another reason that ninety percent of her Krakoa presence being relegated to those variant covers annoys me.)

So, minus his Jim Lee Muscle Daddy makeover, the gap between Paquin and Ian McKellen (or if they want, Fassbender) is actually pretty accurate to how Rogue/Magneto would have looked when this man was drooling over a scared teenager who just lost her powers, was nearly killed and sexually assaulted, and was looking to him for protection and guidance.

Anyway! lol.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Rogue is so focused on what she can't have looking into that crowd, she's totally oblivious to the one man that has eyes only for her. He is turned completely toward her with his drink. But those intense looks they exchange after his comment to her that "Any worthwhile man would suffer your hand in a dance." There's a lot to that scene.

It's especially difficult going from OUR Rogue and Gambit who are now well past all this, back here. This Rogue still has a lot to realize at this point. And Gambit also needs to stand up for himself a bit and show his worth. And I can understand why some wouldn't want to retread some of this. We had some trying times as fans.

I'm still really eager to see this all play out because I think the payoff will be worthwhile and I'm loving the rest of the show as well. I do think we are going to see the team break a bit here at the beginning, if only to see them come back together at the end of the season. Romy's situation is part of that breaking.

I'm not sure I could be much more pleased with the action sequences. Really happy with the new voice actors, even our new Gambit. X-Cutioner was well done. Oh man, and LOVED seeing Rogue deliver baby Nathan using her powers. Like yes all the smashing was awesome, but this was just very cool and meaningful.
    I always love your comments. I agree with all of this.

Even though my hackles are raised by the Rogneto thing (mainly because I’m sick of people - mainly straight dudes - getting so weirdly defensive of the age gap and how he’s lusted for her since she was a teenager that I start to side eye them), I’m trying to convince myself we (and Remy) are being misled for the sake of drama.

The baby delivery scene was more than I hoped for. I was upset that Rogue and Storm didn’t interact in these episodes, since I loved their bond in XTAS so much, but it was very sweet seeing Scott and Jean being so kind and trusting of her there.

Quote Originally Posted by CamilleMoineau View Post
    MINOR ANNOYANCES
    Bless Lenore for trying, but sometimes she does come off as sounding her age imo.
    Her multiple expressions are a little much--though I liked the cat references in That Scene--I say it's forshadowing the furbabies and I won't be dissuaded!
    Oh, I love that idea. Crossing my fingers for that. I want Remy’s cats running around the mansion and wreaking innocent havoc.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckie View Post
    I'm hoping it's a misdirect to add some drama.

Leave me alone with my delusion people
    I’m telling myself this, too.

(If it truly is a Three’s Company misunderstanding - something something Erik truly just wants to push Rogue out of her comfort zone in terms of conquering her fears and mastering her powers, and she decides she’s finally ready, not just for the sake of Remy but her own growth - plus they even leaned further into all that Magneto/Xavier subtext - I’d scream so loud lmao.)

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Couldn't stop myself from creating this.
    Sorry not sorry!

This is why I love you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    Fashion disaster! He is a man of supreme confidence who can easily pull off such flamboyant attire!

Yes, I love the offer that he would risk everything to be with her, conversely Mags risks nothing. It’s only 10 episodes so maybe it’ll feel super-quick and we can move on. It’s his lips that creep me out. I can’t look at them, and yet can’t look away. Also him trying to remove Rogue’s glove. Nah man, nah. Back all the way off. You don’t get to freaking take off a girl’s clothes.

Hahah, I am going to try really, really hard not to be obnoxious about all of this. No promises!
    Bloop.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    They really did pack in a lot of content for two 28-minute episodes, so I'm hopeful the story will move quickly and the love triangle angle doesn't drag on for too long. I am convinced we will get Romy eventually. It's not hard to imagine this version of Mags being pushed back to the dark side. I'd rather see Scott or Storm lead the team.

Other random thoughts: I hope Gambit slowly stops using the third person when referring to himself. It's not necessary. I find it strange no one is questioning Xavier's will. Who says it's legit? Speaking of Xavier, will he come back eventually? Have there been any rumours regarding Mystique? Also, did I imagine things or did Rogue use multiple expressions using cats? Like a lot. LOL.
    I’m praying that Mystique (and her Brotherhood) comes into play with the Val Cooper stuff. I need some Freedom Force shenanigans and some mother/daughter drama. Gimme.

Yeah, I feel like Rogue was using twice as many folksy similes in these episodes than she ever did in the OG. Would not be upset if they dialed back on that or Remy’s third person stuff.

Alright, so I watched both episodes again and, if I ignore those specific parts I don't like, the series really is excellent. I'm impressed with the recasting of voice actors (Scott, Jubilee, Jean, Bishop), they really do sound like their predecessors. I'm not totally sold on Gambit's new voice, but it's not bad or anything. Beast and Storm sound great (Storm stole the show for me), Wolverine sounds good and yeah, Rogue's voice is a bit raspier, but it's still pretty good. They really did pack in a lot of content for two 28-minute episodes, so I'm hopeful the story will move quickly and the love triangle angle doesn't drag on for too long. I am convinced we will get Romy eventually. It's not hard to imagine this version of Mags being pushed back to the dark side. I'd rather see Scott or Storm lead the team.
    There are shots from the earlier previews where Magneto was putting on his red helmet while wearing his traditional red suit/purple cape. These shots haven't popped up on the first 2 eps. Usually an ominous sign when he wears that. So at some point of this season we'll find out why he's suited up that way. I don't think he'll go all evil, but he might snap. He's still volatile, and deep down he doesn't believe in Xavier's dream which will put him at odds with the X-Men (and Rogue). By the season finale/season 2 he'll probably end up back in Genosha to form an army (and to create a haven for mutants), which was what he was doing in the XTAS finale before Xavier was dying...and Genosha was brought up again by Magneto in episode 2.

With Rogue's secret that she wants to KEEP from the X-Men, I don't think it's JUST about her past/relationship with Magneto, I think she must've done something horrible. Rogue was a bad person and Magneto was a terrorist at that time. Maybe he forced her to use her absorption powers on others for his gain? maybe she got a kick out it. Magneto in the Ep 2 does mention if the X-Men would trust her if they knew. A relationship with Magneto is forgivable...I think they both did something horrible in the past.

I am hesitantly heading towards the mindset that what's going on between Rogue/Mags is being overblown and it might be a slight misdirect (i.e. she might rebuff him if he tries to take it too far). She says outright that whatever happened between them, "that cat will stay in the bag" and, if I remember correctly, she stops short of touching his face to instead touch his hand (as nauseating as that scene was). Maybe it's a bit of wishful thinking on my part, but this series has had some unexpected twists so far, so who knows?

I would have loved to see more interactions between Storm and both Rogue and Gambit. Storm was just stellar in both episodes.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sisterhood Of Mutants View Post
    It’s been so hard not to well actually folks on other forums who keep well actuallying any fans upset by Rogue/Magneto by smugly posting comic panels like it’s some checkmate, and/or claiming they’re only upset because they’re “skewed” by the Fox movies. But— Anna Paquin was seventeen in that first movie. And despite how much they’ve always hypersexualized her, Rogue was only eighteen during that Savage Land arc.

(Just another reason that ninety percent of her Krakoa presence being relegated to those variant covers annoys me.)

So, minus his Jim Lee Muscle Daddy makeover, the gap between Paquin and Ian McKellen (or if they want, Fassbender) is actually pretty accurate to how Rogue/Magneto would have looked when this man was drooling over a scared teenager who just lost her powers, was nearly killed and sexually assaulted, and was looking to him for protection and guidance.

Anyway! lol.
    Right? Lots of things happen in the comics, it doesn't always mean it's good. Are they going to do Xavier starting a relationship with his own patient next?

And I feel like a lot of the people parroting "But it happened in the comics" are not listening to why people have a problem with it, namely what you touched on with how predatory it is
    Make Good Art

I am hesitantly heading towards the mindset that what's going on between Rogue/Mags is being overblown and it might be a slight misdirect (i.e. she might rebuff him if he tries to take it too far). She says outright that whatever happened between them, "that cat will stay in the bag" and, if I remember correctly, she stops short of touching his face to instead touch his hand (as nauseating as that scene was). Maybe it's a bit of wishful thinking on my part, but this series has had some unexpected twists so far, so who knows?

I would have loved to see more interactions between Storm and both Rogue and Gambit. Storm was just stellar in both episodes.
    Hard to say, I'm expecting Gambit to get further pummelled in Episode 3, I think it's going to be another tough one (emotionally).

I'm actually looking forward to Episode 5: 'Remember it' Here's the synopsis...

"As Genosha prepares to join the U.N., select members of the team head to the island nation to be honorees. Back at the mansion, a behind-the-scenes press event risks airing the X-Men's dirty laundry."

I think that's where Nightcrawler pops up. Judging by previews, the team will have Wolverine, Rogue, Gambit and Nightcrawler (and maybe a couple of others). 'Remember it' refers to Gambit's catch phrase, so hopefully he'll shine, and he knows Genosha well from the first season of XTAS. There's also a big Sentinel battle so we MIGHT get Rogue and Gambit working together.

Though the "dirty laundry" part could be where Rogue and Magneto's past relationship gets exposed (and the Cyclops/Maddie situation etc). Rogue and Gambit appear to be on good terms in this episode (according to the Nightcrawler group hug) but maybe the reveal changes things, even though Gambit already knows what's going on from last episode.

Spectacular Member CamilleMoineau's Avatar

I've been looking for the summaries and yes, episode 5 has me very intrigued.
    “Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C-Yt_3E1ss

New trailer.
    1 new Romy scene.
    Last Gambit scene in white costume reminded X-Men 24 date. What do you think?

New trailer.
    1 new Romy scene.
    He looks pissed, covered in blood too in that last shot.
    At least he's not mopey...

New trailer.
    1 new Romy scene.
    Frosty atmosphere with Rogue. Remy holding the queen of hearts card. So it’s probably in relation to the last scene in episode 2. I would guess from episode 3 unless they let that plot simmer. The skyline looks alien(as in different), so probably not New York.

IMG_0771.jpg

He looks gleefully evil, torn up trench and slicked back hair.

They tricked us pretty good, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    IMG_0771.jpg

He looks gleefully evil, torn up trench and slicked back hair.
    I'm not sure if he's really evil or if it's just Gambit's design (he always looks a little villainous)

anyway, I always like Gambit in a tuxedo

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    And I feel like a lot of the people parroting "But it happened in the comics" are not listening to why people have a problem with it, namely what you touched on with how predatory it is
    This. OMG this.

I hope he's in a little heist having a "good time".