Page 30 of 66 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Congrats X-MEN '97 for rehabilitating moments of the Rogue/Remy courtship that had creepy/harassment overtones into romance...

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    It was obvious from the start that the showrunners loved Remy. However, I thought they were doing Rogneto because they may not necessarily be Romy fans.

But nightmare fuel Rogneto kind of gives more credence to the theory that it's just a red herring and Mr. and Mrs. X are endgame.

from the original...
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    I like this. I don't know about the presumed dead part, but who knows?

I wonder what the "dirty laundry" revelation will be? It has to be about Rogue since she and Mags hinted about it previously. At first I thought it was their previous affiliation (barf), but I don't think that anymore. Or maybe it's about something Mags did and Rogue was somehow involved? And then the world turns against him leading to an attack on Genosha?
    Currently in the series, I don't think Rogue and Magneto are having an affair, the way she was concerned about Gambit's injury and when Morph was teasing him at the Danger Room tells me that it's a misunderstanding. However, we're not clear on the PAST relationship she had with Magneto, whether there were romantic undertones or not. Though Magneto warns/foreshadows that Rogue would lose her teammates trust if they knew, she may have done something terrible, and she does talk about her littered past in that scene as well.

You did make a point on the timing of the Sentinel attack, maybe what Rogue and Magneto did gets revealed by the press and triggers that attack.

Astonishing Member

I like this. I don't know about the presumed dead part, but who knows?

I wonder what the "dirty laundry" revelation will be? It has to be about Rogue since she and Mags hinted about it previously. At first I thought it was their previous affiliation (barf), but I don't think that anymore. Or maybe it's about something Mags did and Rogue was somehow involved? And then the world turns against him leading to an attack on Genosha?
    Yeah, not sure how a previous relationship would effect the teams trust. ‘You had a relationship with magneto when you were a barely legal, mentally ill teenager? Oh, how can we trust you again?” Instead of “ew, Mags is kind of a creep for that. “

The writers like to pick storylines from the comics, I just can't think of one that would fit in this context. It's interesting to note that in the description of episode 7, it sounds like Cyclops is calling the shots. Episode 6 is Storm gaining back her powers, so I don't expect much from that one. So what happens in episode 5 that Scott regains control of the team? Interesting stuff to come.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

The writers like to pick storylines from the comics, I just can't think of one that would fit in this context. It's interesting to note that in the description of episode 7, it sounds like Cyclops is calling the shots. Episode 6 is Storm gaining back her powers, so I don't expect much from that one. So what happens in episode 5 that Scott regains control of the team? Interesting stuff to come.
    There is this at some point...

mag3.jpg

I'm assuming that's Storm's hair, so she's returning. Could be episode 7. Very spoilery though to put this in a preview, because I'm thinking after the Genosha attack Magneto will probably go dark again...not evil, but he'll change his ways. Leaving Cyclops to lead the team again which is what his story is built on, and really the season as a whole is about Cyclops carrying on Xavier's legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    There is this at some point...

mag3.jpg

I'm assuming that's Storm's hair, so she's returning. Could be episode 7. Very spoilery though to put this in a preview, because I'm thinking after the Genosha attack Magneto will probably go dark again...not evil, but he'll change his ways. Leaving Cyclops to lead the team again which is what his story is built on, and really the season as a whole is about Cyclops carrying on Xavier's legacy.
    True. I thought it would be episode 10, but could be earlier if Scott takes over in episode 7.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

With how they are pulling from different stories/time periods, I could see something happening a la X-Men #25:

1. Magneto snaps because of what happens with Genosha

2. This leads the X-Men to have to face him

3. Rogue has to decide if she can "defend" Magneto anymore

I'm not sure how the dirty laundry factors in nor how Remy will react, though, because it's so unknown. It could be anything from a Rogneto romance to something that Rogue did for the Brotherhood that Magneto knows about.
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    With how they are pulling from different stories/time periods, I could see something happening a la X-Men #25:

1. Magneto snaps because of what happens with Genosha

2. This leads the X-Men to have to face him

3. Rogue has to decide if she can "defend" Magneto anymore

I'm not sure how the dirty laundry factors in nor how Remy will react, though, because it's so unknown. It could be anything from a Rogneto romance to something that Rogue did for the Brotherhood that Magneto knows about.
    That's a good theory re: X-Men #25. I like it.

The airing of dirty laundry could be something entirely new maybe? It's a real head scratcher.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

That's a good theory re: X-Men #25. I like it.

The airing of dirty laundry could be something entirely new maybe? It's a real head scratcher.
    Tbh, I'm not the first to posit the X-Men 25 theory, (I've seen it on Reddit and Twitter now), but with everyone's theories about Genosha and Magneto's volatile role as the leader, it seems more and more possible.
    Make Good Art

Bastion might be the main antagonist in the 3-part finale, could be based on Operation: Zero Tolerance. I know some are speculating on Onslaught as well (which is supposed to lead-in to OZT).

What I think is going to happen is that Magneto will rebuild Genosha and form a mutant army, which is what he was doing in the XTAS series finale. Magneto building that army in Genosha will probably be his storyline for season 2. I can see elements of X-Men #25 fit into there, where Magneto strips Wolverine's adamantium, Rogue trying to reason with him (which is what she did throughout the 90s) but to no avail. And don't forget that Professor X has a voice actor (a well known one too), I expect to see more of him next season.

Back to this season, Episode 5 will be a huge turning point I think. It's what you'd expect in a mid season episode.

Yeah, Xavier eventually coming back will be interesting, especially with how everyone seems to believe he is dead or is at least acting like he's dead. And I see Gambit more on Xavier's side of things if the team would become divided with his return
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Yeah, Xavier eventually coming back will be interesting, especially with how everyone seems to believe he is dead or is at least acting like he's dead. And I see Gambit more on Xavier's side of things if the team would become divided with his return
    OMG! An XTAS version of SCHISM would be totally awesome (IMHO):

Last edited by K7P5V; 03-29-2024 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Bastion might be the main antagonist in the 3-part finale, could be based on Operation: Zero Tolerance. I know some are speculating on Onslaught as well (which is supposed to lead-in to OZT).

What I think is going to happen is that Magneto will rebuild Genosha and form a mutant army, which is what he was doing in the XTAS series finale. Magneto building that army in Genosha will probably be his storyline for season 2. I can see elements of X-Men #25 fit into there, where Magneto strips Wolverine's adamantium, Rogue trying to reason with him (which is what she did throughout the 90s) but to no avail. And don't forget that Professor X has a voice actor (a well known one too), I expect to see more of him next season.

Back to this season, Episode 5 will be a huge turning point I think. It's what you'd expect in a mid season episode.
    That would be cool to see play out. The writers are pretty ambitious and aren't afraid to tackle complicated storylines in a tight timeframe, so that's as good of a guess as any.

As for episode 5, I'm going to *try* to keep my expectations low and hope Gambit and Rogue have a conversation that lasts longer than 10 seconds. Kidding aside, it does look like a pivot point in the story per its description. They need to reveal whatever secret (or secrets) Magneto and Rogue are hiding and that is the ep that makes the most sense to me.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Starting to think Rogue might go MIA as well after episode 5. I think the only X-Men that remain post ep 5-6 will be Cyclops, Jean, Wolverine, Beast and Morph, there's a lot of footage of that particular roster. So something very dramatic happens in ep 5 for both Rogue and Gambit to not come back to the team.

Ep 8 is about reuniting the X-Men. So that's probably where they'll return, unless they have a side story before that (hopefully)

That would be cool to see play out. The writers are pretty ambitious and aren't afraid to tackle complicated storylines in a tight timeframe, so that's as good of a guess as any.

As for episode 5, I'm going to *try* to keep my expectations low and hope Gambit and Rogue have a conversation that lasts longer than 10 seconds. Kidding aside, it does look like a pivot point in the story per its description. They need to reveal whatever secret (or secrets) Magneto and Rogue are hiding and that is the ep that makes the most sense to me.
    Yeah, I know right? I want some real interaction between the two. They had a lot of small talk in XTAS as well...

Starting to think Rogue might go MIA as well after episode 5. I think the only X-Men that remain post ep 5-6 will be Cyclops, Jean, Wolverine, Beast and Morph, there's a lot of footage of that particular roster. So something very dramatic happens in ep 5 for both Rogue and Gambit to not come back to the team.

Ep 8 is about reuniting the X-Men. So that's probably where they'll return, unless they have a side story before that (hopefully)

Yeah, I know right? I want some real interaction between the two. They had a lot of small talk in XTAS as well...
    I seem to recall an article or interview where *I think* Rogue and Gambit are rumored to want try to live outside the confines of the mansion/X-Men, but I'm not sure how accurate that info is.

I'll be annoyed if we get more Storm/Forge than Romy.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.