Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 15556162636465

spoilers:
    Ugh. I'm afraid of what will happen with Rogue when she finds out Magneto is alive. If there's a split in the team, some with Magneto, others with Xavier, I'm afraid she'll side with Mags. I live in fear that Remy's death will be the excuse they need to go back to Rogneto (but I am currently reading AOA on the Unlimited App because, clearly, I hate myself, and want to fuel my anxieties). Maybe not, but I'm dreading it. I still can't believe we had more Rogneto than Romy in this series when XTAS made Romy fans out of so many viewers (myself included).

I'm more or less convinced Gambit will come back as Deathbit. Besides all of the allusions to death associated with him and some other hints that we've already discussed, it would give the writers a lot of melodrama to work with. Remember, DeMayo said that Gambit dying, thinking that Rogue chose Mags, is important. What better way to torture a grieving/guilt-ridden character than to have her dead boyfriend revived and unload his emotional baggage on her? Also: where Cable goes, doesn't Apocalypse soon follow?
    end of spoilers
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

All-New Member

spoilers:
    the unic thing with keeping up my hope the return of Gambit with the time travel in this season is a scene with the nightcrawler and Gambit fighting with the Soldiers of the OTZ we happen in the preview of episode 5.
    Deatbit can be happen, but I think it's not happen this season, except, if is apparecen in the start of episode 9(now, I can't believe this).

end of spoilers

Glad I'm not the only one for whom the charm of '97 is starting to wear thin. I'm really starting to not enjoy this. I'm just bitter. It freaking sucks that we're likely getting nothing positive in terms of Gambit returning any time soon or in any way that would be actually be satisfying to us as fans.

I'm beyond annoyed that Beau kept insisting Magneto was dead when clearly he is alive and well and we all damn well knew it.

I'm tired of them dangling Romy like a treat they have no intention of actually delivering, instead shoving our noses in Rogneto and then killing off one of the two characters I'm actually here for and now dangling his death like yet another carrot.

Feeling very used.

Also beyond annoyed they think they can just replace Gambit with Kurt.

Yes all the Kurt and Rogue scenes are great. But I'm not going to show up week after week for Kurt.
    Last edited by AppleJ; Today at 02:57 PM.

I get frustration.
    I liked new episode. It was fine.

I still think that this season is the best non-comic X stuff for me and better than movies or 92.
    Not all character are balanced but I never excepted it to be, really. I had very low expactations before show started and ep5 was better than I could hope for. No other episode was even close and Gambit stole the show even with not so much screen time.

I will judge show after ep 10 because I still think that more character arcs will resolve and Gambit will return this season.

So if he really returns and in some cool way it will show one more time how good the show is.
    That even we believed that he won't return.
    Or he won't return and we will BURN IT
    Last edited by Purplevit; Today at 03:42 PM.

That old X-Men 97 promo poster shows exactly who are main characters for the show so that is why my expactation always were low.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    spoilers:
    Ugh. I'm afraid of what will happen with Rogue when she finds out Magneto is alive. If there's a split in the team, some with Magneto, others with Xavier, I'm afraid she'll side with Mags. I live in fear that Remy's death will be the excuse they need to go back to Rogneto (but I am currently reading AOA on the Unlimited App because, clearly, I hate myself, and want to fuel my anxieties). Maybe not, but I'm dreading it. I still can't believe we had more Rogneto than Romy in this series when XTAS made Romy fans out of so many viewers (myself included).

I'm more or less convinced Gambit will come back as Deathbit. Besides all of the allusions to death associated with him and some other hints that we've already discussed, it would give the writers a lot of melodrama to work with. Remember, DeMayo said that Gambit dying, thinking that Rogue chose Mags, is important. What better way to torture a grieving/guilt-ridden character than to have her dead boyfriend revived and unload his emotional baggage on her? Also: where Cable goes, doesn't Apocalypse soon follow?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I think even if Rogue sides with Magneto, the second Mags rips out Wolverine’s skeleton will be the moment she changes her mind. She spoke of his rage before, of not wanting part of it. How enraged is Magneto now?
    end of spoilers

I still look forward to this show. It’s great television, even if my favorite is gone. Admittedly I didn’t enjoy this episode as much, until the dance of the nine swords scene. I just don’t find Cable and the Summers drama compelling, more like the show saying: look - look how COOL they are! Look at this fast car! Vroom vroom boom boom! Isn’t it cool? Isn’t Cyclops the COOLEST!?

It’s giving “try-hard.”

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    That old X-Men 97 promo poster shows exactly who are main characters for the show so that is why my expactation always were low.
    Beau always said that Cyclops and Storm were going to be the main two characters of Season 1. I'm expecting a focus on different characters in Season 2.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Beau always said that Cyclops and Storm were going to be the main two characters of Season 1. I'm expecting a focus on different characters in Season 2.
    Well, then he clearly lied, the main character of season 1 is Magneto.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    spoilers:
    I think even if Rogue sides with Magneto, the second Mags rips out Wolverine’s skeleton will be the moment she changes her mind. She spoke of his rage before, of not wanting part of it. How enraged is Magneto now?
    end of spoilers

I still look forward to this show. It’s great television, even if my favorite is gone. Admittedly I didn’t enjoy this episode as much, until the dance of the nine swords scene. I just don’t find Cable and the Summers drama compelling, more like the show saying: look - look how COOL they are! Look at this fast car! Vroom vroom boom boom! Isn’t it cool? Isn’t Cyclops the COOLEST!?

It’s giving “try-hard.”

spoilers:
    Oh good point re: Wolverine getting his skeleton ripped out...if it happens, of course. This show isn't pulling any punches, so that is a distinct possibility.
    end of spoilers

Scott's relationship dramas? Kind of interesting. Summers family with a never-ending ever-changing number of "children"? Not interesting to me. At. All. Never was. Never will be. Don't care. I hope season 2 moves on from this.

I also don't care about the Jubes/Roberto/his family storyline. I understand why it's there, but not interested in the least.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    spoilers:
    Oh good point re: Wolverine getting his skeleton ripped out...if it happens, of course. This show isn't pulling any punches, so that is a distinct possibility.
    end of spoilers

Scott's relationship dramas? Kind of interesting. Summers family with a never-ending ever-changing number of "children"? Not interesting to me. At. All. Never was. Never will be. Don't care. I hope season 2 moves on from this.

I also don't care about the Jubes/Roberto/his family storyline. I understand why it's there, but not interested in the least.
    spoilers:
    I have similar feelings about Jubilee/Beto/his family. It's so heavy-handed. Whenever they're on screen, I brace for yet another unsubtle lecture, like I'm Deathbird in that classroom. I get they are important issues and I normally appreciate the mutant metaphor, but this is less the mutant metaphor and more the mutant sledgehammer. It's not giving the characters and their relationship any room to breathe, because they are just symbols of bigger issues.

I do want to be clear. I am not complaining about the X-Men being woke. I am very in favor of woke. I am only complaining about execution.
    end of spoilers