Page 38 of 65 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ilargi View Post
    So what if Gambit dies in the next chapter?
    There's a funeral scene in the trailers that hasn't happened yet.

It would be a fake death of course, but that could cause the x-men to disband, for the big reunion in the final chapters.
    I was assuming that was Xavier in a flashback scene, but that coffin shot hasn't been shown in the series yet hasn't it? That's interesting.

I can see Gambit sacrificing himself, but returning in 2-3 episodes time. Rogue could be gone too, either MIA or consumed with grief and guilt. Whatever happens in Genosha triggers Magneto to wear red (there's evidence of him putting on his helmet), and leaves the X-Men. If his fellow mutants were attacked at their sanctuary, he won't sit there and do nothing. Maybe Rogue "dies" as well which causes Mags to turn.

I think the secret reveal will get the ball rolling on Magneto leaving the team. Val Cooper and the public could turn on the X-Men and it bring more heat towards Genosha. Now with all trust lost between him and the team along with increasing threats towards Genosha, he will make his exit. Maybe that happens at the end of Episode 6 if everyone is back.

I'm leaning towards Rogue running and Gambit (along with Nightcrawler?) chasing after her. Fake out deaths for Gambit, Rogue, or both would be intriguing though.
    Last edited by Zin Magala; 04-08-2024 at 06:40 AM.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    I was assuming that was Xavier in a flashback scene, but that coffin shot hasn't been shown in the series yet hasn't it? That's interesting.

I can see Gambit sacrificing himself, but returning in 2-3 episodes time. Rogue could be gone too, either MIA or consumed with grief and guilt. Whatever happens in Genosha triggers Magneto to wear red (there's evidence of him putting on his helmet), and leaves the X-Men. If his fellow mutants were attacked at their sanctuary, he won't sit there and do nothing. Maybe Rogue "dies" as well which causes Mags to turn.
    I could see Rogue getting hurt/killed being the catalyst for Mags going bad again. That's similar to what happened when Rogue is trying to talk him down in X-Men #1 and she gets blasted by the jet.
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    What if Remy's white suit is for a variation of the Hellfire Gala on Genosha? Probably not, but it's a thought.
    I was thinking a Hellfire Gala as well initially. According to the synopsis, select members of the team are honorees. So maybe Gambit's suited up for an awards ceremony?

Quote Originally Posted by Zin Magala View Post
    I think the secret reveal will get the ball rolling on Magneto leaving the team. Val Cooper and the public could turn on the X-Men and it bring more heat towards Genosha. Now with all trust lost between him and the team along with increasing threats towards Genosha, he will make his exit. Maybe that happens at the end of Episode 6 if everyone is back.

I'm leaning towards Rogue running and Gambit (along with Nightcrawler?) chasing after her. Fake out deaths for Gambit, Rogue, or both would be intriguing though.
    There are popular theories that Val Cooper is Mystique, secretly working for Magneto. And then there's Nightcrawler, there's something significant about that group hug, I can see him involved heavily in Rogue's storyline for this season (I hope so).

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    I could see Rogue getting hurt/killed being the catalyst for Mags going bad again. That's similar to what happened when Rogue is trying to talk him down in X-Men #1 and she gets blasted by the jet.
    In the Savage Land, Magneto killed Zaladane after she attacked Rogue (against her wishes), which was the first sign of him turning back. Then of course he was furious at Moira when he found out that she altered his genetic code as an infant...which REALLY changed things for him at the time. Rogue kept trying to reason with him throughout the 90's, but he refused to listen.

They could be setting Magneto up to be the main antagonist for season 2. Notice we haven't seen any mutant vs mutant fights this season? Could be the theme for S2. I can see him forming a new Brotherhood in Genosha (with Mystique) and preparing an army. Probably in line to how he was portrayed in the movies.

EDIT: there actually was a mutant v mutant fight between Goblin Queen and Magneto this season, but you know what I mean with the overall theme of season one.
    Last edited by Sparta; 04-08-2024 at 09:24 AM.

Val Cooper being revealed as actually Mystique would be a good plot twist. We've already speculated before that Mags might be spinning a web in order to trigger certain events, so maybe his end game is to start a human-mutant war? Or maybe he's being honest now and gets provoked into a war? Works both ways.

No deaths or death fake outs, please. I'm hoping their absence is just them fighting on another front.

There's another rumor going around about new uniforms at the end of the season. I hope that includes a haircut for Remy.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

I was thinking a Hellfire Gala as well initially. According to the synopsis, select members of the team are honorees. So maybe Gambit's suited up for an awards ceremony?

There are popular theories that Val Cooper is Mystique, secretly working for Magneto. And then there's Nightcrawler, there's something significant about that group hug, I can see him involved heavily in Rogue's storyline for this season (I hope so).

In the Savage Land, Magneto killed Zaladane after she attacked Rogue (against her wishes), which was the first sign of him turning back. Then of course he was furious at Moira when he found out that she altered his genetic code as an infant...which REALLY changed things for him at the time. Rogue kept trying to reason with him throughout the 90's, but he refused to listen.

They could be setting Magneto up to be the main antagonist for season 2. Notice we haven't seen any mutant vs mutant fights this season? Could be the theme for S2. I can see him forming a new Brotherhood in Genosha (with Mystique) and preparing an army. Probably in line to how he was portrayed in the movies.

EDIT: there actually was a mutant v mutant fight between Goblin Queen and Magneto this season, but you know what I mean with the overall theme of season one.
    That's true. I try to forget the Savage Land arc tbh lol
    Make Good Art

I wonder if they kill off someone pro-mutant like Val Cooper or one of her associated and frame mutants like, "see they can't be trusted they killed their ally" kinda thing.

Sneak peak at episode 5 (Rogue, Gambit and Nightcrawler)

https://twitter.com/IMDb/status/1777728290972709227

Visually looks great. Gambit's very sceptical about Genosha. When he smells BS, he's usually right. It seems to me he's been playing dumb for the last couple of episodes, I got a feeling he's going to get the truth out of Rogue by catching her off-guard in the queen of hearts scene at the hotel. On the other hand Rogue seems to be gullible in this series so far. Very easily persuaded (she was always kind of like that in XTAS).

All-New Member

Visually looks great. Gambit's very sceptical about Genosha. When he smells BS, he's usually right. It seems to me he's been playing dumb for the last couple of episodes, I got a feeling he's going to get the truth out of Rogue by catching her off-guard in the queen of hearts scene at the hotel. On the other hand Rogue seems to be gullible in this series so far. Very easily persuaded (she was always kind of like that in XTAS).
    I like this sneak peek. I think the cetical of Gambit it's perfect for his personality, and he will fix the relationship with Rogue (for bad or for well)

I'm just happy that we get a Gambit, Rogue and Nightcrawler scene. Gambit being suspicious is on point. I'm starting to think we won't get too much melodrama between Gambit and Rogue. I do expect (hope?) that Rogue comes clean about what's going on with Magneto in this episode, but I don't think it'll be as fraught a conversation as first expected.

Also, with all these secrets Rogue is keeping from Gambit, the least she can do is buy him that $10 apple.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

That clip feels like it's implying there is something else going on and Magneto could very well be playing the long game. Those Mystique theories could be on to something as any of her plans will involve trying to get Rogue back. Magneto could be leveraging their history and his current, heroic actions to manipulate Rogue over to his side for Mystique reasons.

Now I'm wondering if Rogue's secret reveal will be in response to her choosing Gambit, as a last resort to separate her from the X-Men.

Excited for tomorrow! I have always liked how Gambit is often the voice of skepticism in the original series, and turns out to be right on the money in the end. This feels as if it will play out that way too, as you all have noted.

My only real wish is that we get resolution to the love triangle. I don't think it's enough of a draw that they should keep it into season 2. Gambit and Rogue deserve to move on to better stories!

I'm really happy to see Nightcrawler appears to be their tour guide and skeptical Gambit is correct Gambit. He's not going to be easily taken in just because something looks good on the surface. And honestly after his last adventure on Genosha, can you blame the guy? LOL

Oh Rogue ... my dear sweet Rogue. She always wants to believe the best in people, no matter how many times they've dissapointed her. It's kind of her Achilles Heel. She's so blinded by the good things, she seems to be ignoring those little warning signs. Yes he can touch you and is very powerful and seems to be providing this amazing mutant utopia ... but he is controlling AF girl! Red flag!

I just hope we get some kind of movement or confrontation here about Rogue's past and this stupid triangle. I'm so over it.

Also this is Gambit's episode, so I hope he does some big damn hero ****. Yes he's adorable in his crop top, likes to play basketball shirtless and makes a girl beignets and coffee. He asks before taking her hand. I love it. But now let's see him kick some butt.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Bless you! I needed this.