Page 47 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    X-men 97 has been amazing and I have been loving some Rogue and Gambit. My mom is watching this series and she spoiled what happened to Gambit for my sister. My sister is near 50 and my mom is in her 70s. Naturally my sister now refuses to watch but I'm still trying to get her to go for it. Gambit is her favorite X-man along with Rogue.

That last episode was so emotional and shocking. One of my favorite moments was with Gambit and the Sentinel head when he was rescuing the Morlocks. Gambit definitely stole the show and had quite the moment. I'm among those hoping he has more later in the show.

I'm also hoping for big things for Rogue and Gambit in the comics under Gail Simone. While they've had some minis in the last few years they've been in the background too much. Here's hoping for good things in both the animated series and in the comics for these two.
    I hope that Rwmy will reutn in season finale. So if it will happen maybe it will be easier to watch ep5 to your sister if she knows how everything will end.

Really have high hopes for Gail's Uncanny too. Love all 5 charactera on her team and Marquez is just the best.

Incredible Member

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    I think Lenore truly cares about the characters and the fans. I'm sure she was playing the Rogneto drama up originally, but I don't think she's trying to troll us anymore
    Considering she knew how it all ended, playing up the drama was a pretty troll move…

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Considering she knew how it all ended, playing up the drama was a pretty troll move…
    Maybe that's because it hasn't ended yet. We'll see.

That said, I think people should tame their expectations. If Gambit is ever returning, I don't think it's happening this season. Maybe a teaser in the finale to let us hanging and hopeful.

saw this on reddit

good to know that Gambit follows his own advice

Incredible Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar

Thought you folks would appreciate 😂

IMG_0553.jpg
    L'Enfer !

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy_Cricket View Post
    Thought you folks would appreciate 😂

IMG_0553.jpg
    pfffahahahah

LOL. Funny.

Interestingly enough, I came across a fan theory about how Gambit's death could have triggered his Omega Level powers (it's just before the 11 minute mark):

https://youtu.be/nV8pPJJeZXA?si=gwMp1gO4y-ndk84E

I doubt that they'll go this route, but it's a fun thought.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    LOL. Funny.

Interestingly enough, I came across a fan theory about how Gambit's death could have triggered his Omega Level powers (it's just before the 11 minute mark):

https://youtu.be/nV8pPJJeZXA?si=gwMp1gO4y-ndk84E

I doubt that they'll go this route, but it's a fun thought.
    I agree.
    I think the 5# episode, its show for rhe public the concept of "secund mutation" when Gambit and Emma Frost in the atacck of godizila sentinel, upside your powers with the secund mutation, Emma to be a diamond and Gambit upside level of the kinect powers.

Gambit having his Omega level powers for the finale would be fun. I wouldn't mind seeing that for a future season. Give Romy a short window where they can touch each other then Gambit's powers keep getting worse. We will get to see how much Rogue has grown in their relationship if their dynamic is reversed.

I've planted myself on the Cable train. It's obvious that's the solution. Seeing that Xtreme quote, I would much rather go down that road instead. It would look so good animated and works really well off of Episode 5. No matter what road they take, I expect that will be Rogue's speech to Gambit when she sees him in the finale. Touching isn't enough, she wants more.

Quote Originally Posted by Zin Magala View Post
    Gambit having his Omega level powers for the finale would be fun. I wouldn't mind seeing that for a future season. Give Romy a short window where they can touch each other then Gambit's powers keep getting worse. We will get to see how much Rogue has grown in their relationship if their dynamic is reversed.

I've planted myself on the Cable train. It's obvious that's the solution. Seeing that Xtreme quote, I would much rather go down that road instead. It would look so good animated and works really well off of Episode 5. No matter what road they take, I expect that will be Rogue's speech to Gambit when she sees him in the finale. Touching isn't enough, she wants more.
    Agreed. If we go the Cable route, I just wonder at what point the reset would happen. After the gala dance? That's the point where the Sentinels attack.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Fantastic Member

Agreed. If we go the Cable route, I just wonder at what point the reset would happen. After the gala dance? That's the point where the Sentinels attack.
    I know Gambit with Omega level powers is fun, but there was a good reason Fabian had him fight New Sun using his powers on an uninhabited planet. If Gambit actually unleashed his powers in any situation where he's trying to be helpful, he'd do far more harm than good. If there were actually people living on that Earth they would have all been wiped out from their fight. Sure, it'd be fun for an episode to have Gambit able to touch Rogue, but they would have to find a way to nerf him immediately. All it would accomplish is spawn a hundred more posts across the internet of "Who would win? New Sun Gambit or...".

Quote Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
    I know Gambit with Omega level powers is fun, but there was a good reason Fabian had him fight New Sun using his powers on an uninhabited planet. If Gambit actually unleashed his powers in any situation where he's trying to be helpful, he'd do far more harm than good. If there were actually people living on that Earth they would have all been wiped out from their fight. Sure, it'd be fun for an episode to have Gambit able to touch Rogue, but they would have to find a way to nerf him immediately. All it would accomplish is spawn a hundred more posts across the internet of "Who would win? New Sun Gambit or...".
    It would be fun, but yeah, I don't expect that to happen either.

I wish Life Death had been kept within one episode, I'm not in the mood to care about Storm's storyline right now. I guess it's meant to be a pause in the story, but I wish the momentum of the series had been maintained. I don't like waiting. We might get a funeral scene next episode...ugh. Sad!
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Incredible Member

Cable and time-travel is the most logical choice for me. That might also involve Maddie (and Jean?). I'm not an expert on Jean's powers but maybe somehow she can time travel with Cable and contact Maddie at the gala? Maddie had visons of the genocide in ep 1, and as the music was playing both Maddie and Jean's powers were triggered and suffered nose bleeds, I assume they'd have to work together on this. There are little details as well, Maddie's short interaction with Remy at the bar before the dance, is there more to it? Will she warn Remy before he exits the gala?

Why is Rogue wearing her first date red dress (with Gambit from the comics) and dancing with the wrong man whilst wearing it? Beau DeMayo seems to want to remind the audience (from his tweets) about the importance of Gambit not knowing that Rogue chose him instead of Magneto before he died, if he had known about how Rogue truly felt, would he seek another alternative to defeat the Wild Sentinel knowing that he has something to live for? It's a tough one because regardless of Rogue's feelings he'd still need to put his life on the line to save Nightcrawler and co from getting disintegrated. Maybe this time Nightcrawler (who was a witness) teleports Gambit to the Wild Sentinel and charges it up, then teleports him back to safety? I'm mentioning Nightcrawler because he's in more episodes this season.

Rogue's guilt will factor heavily in this. Claremont's version of Rogue in X-Treme X-Men would go to great lengths to save Gambit. What Lenore was quoting in her tweet was the issue where Rogue pulls Remy out from the afterlife, personally I don't think it'll literally play that way, but her determination would. Now I'm not sure if she joins Cable in time-travel, but Cable might give her that warning that Remy's (and everyone else's) life is in danger at the gala. That said, her dance with Magneto is key in regards to her choice, it's when she rejects Erik's proposal to be his queen and realizes that her love for Gambit is "deeper than skin". Really technically, it would be easier to have characters like Rogue and Nightcrawler join Cable in time-travel because they were there and know EXACTLY what transpired.