Page 51 of 63 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    Nightcrawler's comment came so out-of-the-blue (pun kind of intended?) that it has to mean something. Either this season or next, I think they have it in the cards (pun intended this time, lol).
    Yeah at the very least it has to be a nod to them marrying in comics. I'm very curious what the game plan is for the next seasons. I can't imagine they knew they were getting multiple seasons when they started this. If you were writing for a one and done, then you'd want to tie up all the major arcs and maybe seed a few things for a potential future.

Again, it all comes down to how far into the production they were when they'd decided on a 2nd season. Considering how delayed this was, maybe they did some re-planning/re-writing even to spread things out to the 2nd season that might have initially ended in the first?

Man ... I just desperately want something good and hopeful at the end. This has been a lot. Each episode seems to break us and the characters down further.

Real life is ****ing hard enough with literal children dying daily in war .... mass shootings ... all the people we lost during COVID ... the constant threat against human rights the world over ... I love that this show is going hard, but it's almost too much. At the end of the day I'm here for fantasy, not reality.

I want the girl to finally get her guy. I want our heroes to return. I want love to win.

If I wanted reality I'd just turn on the news and go rock in the corner some more.

Sorry ... went a bit dark there.

Hopefully tomorrow's episode tells us something useful. At least Storm should be getting back.

Remember, we also have Uncanny to look forward to (isn't there going to be a preview in one of the Free Comic Book Day copies in a couple of weeks?), so it's not all doom and gloom for us.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Someone on Reddit reminded me that one of Bastion’s powers is reanimating dead corpses. But they wouldn’t do this to us right? RalphI’mInDanger.gif

As for BoA and Deathbit - what was even the point of the BoA storyline again? All that sticks out in that storyline was Apocalypse creating his horsemen and then he like attacked the X-Masion…? But why?

I’d normally say marriage would be ridiculous in the first season back, but they’re speed running multiple storylines so who knows? I just want Gambit alive and not dead (or undead, but I’ll take that over dead-dead) and Rogue to have some agency and spotlight and get her big old hero moment.

Unfortunately spoilers:
    we don't get to see the ramifications of Genosha at all in this episode, just a quick shot of Forge and Storm seeing the news on TV. Maybe a hint that Gambit might become death via the vision Charles sees? Not sure.
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Unfortunately spoilers:
    we don't get to see the ramifications of Genosha at all in this episode, just a quick shot of Forge and Storm seeing the news on TV. Maybe a hint that Gambit might become death via the vision Charles sees? Not sure.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That's how I interpreted it aswell. I think Sinister being involved will mimic how Mystique worked for Apocalypse in the original series, securing Horsemen for him.
    end of spoilers
    L'Enfer !

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy_Cricket View Post
    spoilers:
    That's how I interpreted it aswell. I think Sinister being involved will mimic how Mystique worked for Apocalypse in the original series, securing Horsemen for him.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I'm fine with them doing Deathbit, just hope he's more intimidating and has less lame powers lol.
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    spoilers:
    I'm fine with them doing Deathbit, just hope he's more intimidating and has less lame powers lol.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    What, you didn't like his awesome toxic fart powers haha!
    end of spoilers
    L'Enfer !

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy_Cricket View Post
    spoilers:
    What, you didn't like his awesome toxic fart powers haha!
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Milligan really felt like he was phoning it in some issues. ;;^^ Honestly Deathbit should just be mini-New Sun and that would be far more interesting.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    It was an okay ep, both stories had its slow moments (which I understand after last week), but the standouts for me were...

Storm getting her powers back (and her original costume from Giant-Sized)
    Xavier's vision of Gambit's death triggered him to return to the X-Men
    The Sinister reveal that he was the mastermind behind the Genosha attack. (The best part)
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Sparta; 04-17-2024 at 01:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    spoilers:
    It was an okay ep, both stories had its slow moments (which I understand after last week), but the standouts for me were...

Storm getting her powers back (and her original costume from Giant-Sized)
    Xavier's vision of Gambit's death triggered him to return to the X-Men
    The Sinister reveal that he was the mastermind behind the Genosha attack. (The best part)
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Same. Most of the episode left me indifferent with the exception of those three scenes.

The Gambit vision by Charles could be as simple as Xavier realizing Remy died or it could be a Horseman reference...or Sinister could be up to something completely different? What would he gain by being involved in the attack?

Being reminded of Remy's death was depressing.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Nox Noctes; 04-17-2024 at 02:48 AM.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Spectacular Member CamilleMoineau's Avatar

spoilers:
    Wasn't disappointed as far as Romy content was concerned as I figured it'd be a breather ep. We're getting Deathbit, I'm sure of it now. Couldn't care less about Charles' love life. Love that Storm is back and in her black uniform. Glad all the pieces are in place.
    Though I do feel more than ever that Lifedeath should've been a single ep, so we could've gone into next week's events now.
    end of spoilers
    “Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

spoilers:
    That was the equivalent of the cool down match in wrestling. The Shi'ar were an enjoyable surprise, though, and I always enjoy Deathbird.

I agree that the episode heavily foreshadowed Deathbit. It's one of those stories that I think has a lot of potential, but Milligan executed it so badly. I am interested to see how the show writers handle it.

I was a bit surprised that Sinister was behind Genosha. It doesn't feel like his usual brand, even with the Morlock Massacre.
    end of spoilers

Ep 6 is probably my least favorite episode so far. Motando was at least creative with games.

Is it what we get without DeMayo?

spoilers:
    Also I don`t think that ep 6 hints about Deathbit but Sinister always come for Remy to rescue.
    end of spoilers

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I w a hoping it wasn't sinister but I'm not surprised that he's still the big bad beyond episode 3.
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    I w a hoping it wasn't sinister but I'm not surprised that he's still the big bad beyond episode 3.
    He is only 1 of 2 big bads for season finale.