Page 25 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    Someone elsewhere said it might be Paris (I don't think it is, it might be Genosha). My guess is that he left/quit...and Rogue went out looking for him. These are from the same scene...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GJSl1z7W...jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GJUD2IUX...jpg&name=large

So we might finally get a real conversation between the two.
    These screenshots could be either episode 3 or episode 4.
    Episode 5 is most likely the Nightcrawler reunion with Rogue and Gambit in Genosha (I assume) Where Gambit's in a more chipper mood.
    This feels likely to me. I'm anticipating a brief "peace time" after this big trial showdown where the team is fractured by personal problems and going off in their own directions. I see Rogue being one of those who stays because she has nowhere else to go really and is the only one with any loyalty to Mags.

I can totally see Remy bowing out for a minute and trying to move on with his life, maybe in Genosha. If you think you are not needed and not wanted and no one believes you when you say Mags can't be trusted, then it tracks. Storm is his only other anchor to the team and she is also gone.

Stubbornly trying to pursue Rogue if he thinks she loves someone else who can actually give her something he can't, he'd probably see leaving as the more honorable thing to do. If he sticks around acting bitter and jealous, it's not a good look.

Also ... Rogue needs to miss him. She needs to realize what she has in him. He's been the one laying out his cards pretty plainly from go. It's her turn to pursue him and decide who she wants and what she's willing to do about it.

AppleJ will replace DeMayo in writing Season 3. I’ve decided.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    My thoughts exactly. Gambit seems to be holding a Queen of hearts (I think) which is the card he was holding/dropped at the end of episode 2, so my guess is they're having a conversation about what is going on with Mags. If they're in Genosha, that would mean that scene would be from episode 5. Episode 3 will mostly be about Jean, episode 4 is split between Jubilee in Mojo world/Storm with the rumored introduction of Forge, episode 5 is Genosha. How much screen time they get in episodes 3 and 4 is the question. That's my guess.
    I want episode 3 to tackle this head on so we can start getting that particular plot over with. What you are saying sounds very plausible though. Sigh I haven't checked the synopsis for the coming episodes. Maybe from fear that I won't like it.

It seems DeMayo and the others are going with a structure were some plots move to the forefront and others are put on the backburner but still show up in small glimpses. It also might mean that with such a large cast these plots are all that the characters are afforded in terms on screen time. Meaning all we get with Gambit might be related to this plot until it has been resolved.

I view the X-men as a cast of more or less equal importance. So in my head giving Scott, Ororo, Jean and Logan more screentime is antithesis to the concept. I can accept that Logan is more populuar but I dont' see any reason why some characters must dominate the plot and others don't. How do we expect some characters to regain their populairty or reinvigorate theirs if we keep hitting the same chords with the same characters we did in other shows? To me one of the things that made the XTAS work in the first place is that it wasn't Logan+05 or All New.
    Last edited by Malachi; 03-23-2024 at 07:34 AM.

The Genosha episode is episode 5.

So I'm thinking the convo will happen then.

It kinda looks like that's the same episode Nightcrawler appears. So the hug should go there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post

It kinda looks like that's the same episode Nightcrawler appears. So the hug should go there as well.

Yeah, my guess is Nightcrawler will already be in Genosha.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    AppleJ will replace DeMayo in writing Season 3. I’ve decided.
    LOL That would probably be dangerous because it would turn into Gambit & Rogue and their friends the X-Men.

I really wish that Rogue would figure out that condoms exist. Her whole angst over touching was compelling in 1983. It is boring and played out in 1997 much less 2024.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

What do Rogue and Remy's wedding bands look like?
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    What do Rogue and Remy's wedding bands look like?
    Bling made them! Diamond rings!
    IMG_20240323_175740.jpg

Rogue was described as being the "heart" of the story, so she'll likely be associated with the theme of, if given the chance not to be a mutant, would one take it? The temptation of whether or not to use the de-powering technology of X-cutioner's gun has to come up as part of her story.

I would also assume that she would chose the options that are twice as difficult: choosing to keep her powers and choosing the guy she can't touch, because this would symbolize accepting herself the way she is and following her heart despite the difficulties associated with both choices.
    Last edited by Nox Noctes; 03-23-2024 at 03:30 PM.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

X-men97 Rogue seems sad and vulnerable.

I really wish that Rogue would figure out that condoms exist. Her whole angst over touching was compelling in 1983. It is boring and played out in 1997 much less 2024.
    Touch is more than genitals. She can't get a lick from a dog or have a cuddle with her bestie.

Quote Originally Posted by Foon4000 View Post
    X-men97 Rogue seems sad and vulnerable.

Touch is more than genitals. She can't get a lick from a dog or have a cuddle with her bestie.

Obviously I was being facetious but latex gloves is a thing too. Further she could simply wear one of those power dampening collars. It just really isnt a realistic issue at this stage. I mean Roberto had a collar. Mags had a collar. She could easilly get herself a collar.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post

Yes, you're right. The conversation will happen in ep 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    My thoughts exactly. Gambit seems to be holding a Queen of hearts (I think) which is the card he was holding/dropped at the end of episode 2, so my guess is they're having a conversation about what is going on with Mags. If they're in Genosha, that would mean that scene would be from episode 5. Episode 3 will mostly be about Jean, episode 4 is split between Jubilee in Mojo world/Storm with the rumored introduction of Forge, episode 5 is Genosha. How much screen time they get in episodes 3 and 4 is the question. That's my guess.
    My guess is...

Episode 3 - Focus will be on Cyclops/Jean/Maddie and Mr Sinister. But there'll be some more development with Rogue/Magneto...and Gambit continuing to be suspicious (he might not leave yet).

Episode 4 - Jubilee/Roberto in Mojoworld and Storm/Forge Lifedeath. Rogue and Gambit probably won't be in this ep ...or if so, it'd be very brief.

Episode 5 - Rogue, Gambit and Wolverine will be sent to Genosha and that's where they'll reunite with Nightcrawler. At the mansion, the behind-scenes-press event will reveal the X-Men's dirty laundry...and that's when the Rogue/Magneto secret will be aired, probably in the evening. Rogue will enter the hotel room to an angry Gambit wearing that white suit. Genosha will be under attack (there's a screenshot of Wolverine and Nightcrawler looking up into the night sky to an ominous Sentinel attack). And that explains the bloodied Gambit fighting intensely in that preview. The episode is called "Remember It" ...Gambit's catch phrase.

Ramifications after episode 5? Gambit might leave, Rogue loses the trust of the X-Men (Magneto foreshadowed this). The Sentinels might actually win the battle/siege in Genosha turning it into a ruin, so maybe Rogue and Gambit go MIA instead along with Logan and Kurt?

There are theories going around about Magneto orchestrating certain events, deliberately allowing Storm to take the hit for him, manipulating Xavier's will, and that Val Cooper could be Mystique working for Magneto. Magneto at some point wears his red outfit and helmet, so he might do something to trigger the events of the big 3-part finale. Remember Cyclops leading and reuniting the team is one of the season's major plotlines (he's kind of the main man for this season)...and he's the one that's most suspicious of Magneto.

EDIT: Gambit leaving the X-Men due to heartache could be irresponsible, the Genosha attack will lead into a crisis and I don't think he'll abandon his teammates in these dire times.
    Last edited by Sparta; 03-24-2024 at 05:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    There are theories going around about Magneto orchestrating certain events, deliberately allowing Storm to take the hit for him, manipulating Xavier's will, and that Val Cooper could be Mystique working for Magneto. Magneto at some point wears his red outfit and helmet, so he might do something to trigger the events of the big 3-part finale. Remember Cyclops leading and reuniting the team is one of the season's major plotlines (he's kind of the main man for this season)...and he's the one that's most suspicious of Magneto.
    It makes sense since he just stands there pointing at Storm’s weeping form for the optics of making a point instead of comforting her or even helping her up.