Page 22 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    I think we'll eventually get what we want, the question is: how long do we have to wait (and how much do we have to put up with)? Ugh. Barf.
    I'm hoping it's a misdirect to add some drama.

Leave me alone with my delusion people

Quote Originally Posted by Duckie View Post
    I'm hoping it's a misdirect to add some drama.

Leave me alone with my delusion people
    I can't see them keeping Magneto as leader of the X-Men for longterm. He's going to do something that turns folks against him, I just hope that when Rogue realizes how she has hurt Remy, that she'll change direction before then. There will be melodrama up ahead, for sure.

Also, Mags is kinda creepy in 97 ...the original voice actor was better. The guy who voices Scott, however, did a great job in sounding like his predecessor.

Sidebar: I will never like that crop top, no one will ever change my mind. ;p
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Hype is real!

Couldn't stop myself from creating this.
    Sorry not sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Just did a rewatch and liked it even better the second time. Honestly I normally like Remy a tad more cleaned up, but I loved them embracing his early 90s fashion disaster energy here with the crop top. Yes I kinda want to snip off the pony tail, but it was his thing back then and I don't know ... that with cooking the beignets for breakfast was just chefs kiss.

And I noticed Rogue is always in his proximity and even though covered up there's a lot of touching, hanging on his shoulder, the little tummy bop, and that nightclub scene.

Rogue is so focused on what she can't have looking into that crowd, she's totally oblivious to the one man that has eyes only for her. He is turned completely toward her with his drink. But those intense looks they exchange after his comment to her that "Any worthwhile man would suffer your hand in a dance." There's a lot to that scene.
    Fashion disaster! He is a man of supreme confidence who can easily pull off such flamboyant attire!

Yes, I love the offer that he would risk everything to be with her, conversely Mags risks nothing. It’s only 10 episodes so maybe it’ll feel super-quick and we can move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    I can't see them keeping Magneto as leader of the X-Men for longterm. He's going to do something that turns folks against him, I just hope that when Rogue realizes how she has hurt Remy, that she'll change direction before then. There will be melodrama up ahead, for sure.

Also, Mags is kinda creepy in 97 ...the original voice actor was better. The guy who voices Scott, however, did a great job in sounding like his predecessor.

Sidebar: I will never like that crop top, no one will ever change my mind. ;p
    It’s his lips that creep me out. I can’t look at them, and yet can’t look away. Also him trying to remove Rogue’s glove. Nah man, nah. Back all the way off. You don’t get to freaking take off a girl’s clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Sorry not sorry!

Hahah, I am going to try really, really hard not to be obnoxious about all of this. No promises!

ALso the way Mags told spoilers:
    about his mind connection with Xavier, prepare yourself for Onslaught as big bad of season 2
    end of spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Sorry not sorry!

this wins the internet for today.

It seems like they're trying to bring every character to their lowest point.

Storm - loses her powers and leaves
    Cyclops & Jean - drama with Maddie and the baby
    Rogue - Losing trust from her teammates after her past with Mags is revealed
    Gambit - Heartbroken
    Morph - Might go through some trauma again when Sinister returns (hinted on the opening credits)

By the second half of the season they'll start to pick themselves up before the big 3-part finale.

Mighty Member

the fact they gave Gambit the same hiding and seeing a mate with someone else is the 2nd time one of my favorite fictional (Spikea and Gambit) characters had that same kind of experience? And I hated it both times. Can't believe both of my favorite fictional characters now have the same hated moment forced into their characters by bad writing. Gambit seems smooth in the series when he's with Rogue but I feel like this kind of writing is so overused of pulling everyone down so they lift up together later under a new leadership

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post

Gambit - Heartbroken
    Morph - Might go through some trauma again when Sinister returns (hinted on the opening credits)

By the second half of the season they'll start to pick themselves up before the big 3-part finale.
    Oh good point!
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Gambit - Heartbroken

Totally agree. This is classic hero's journey stuff.

Talking

Gambit - Heartbroken

By the second half of the season, they'll start to pick themselves up before the big 3-part finale.
    Yes, that is a very common narrative in any story. I would say in all of them. Some are less obvious than others.

I hope that the love triangle is not the main plot of them.

I hope the Rogue plot goes from seeing that she can use her powers positively like helping Nathan to be born.

With Bishop being there, I hope Remy's plot goes that way: Bishop distrusts him and has to prove him wrong, and they end up being good friends.

I seem to hope for a lot of things. lol
    Last edited by Ilargi; 03-21-2024 at 10:22 AM.

I NEVER expected to see Rogue and Magneto’s sexual tension adapted, so I have to respect the boldness of this creative decision. I really wanna know how casual viewers are reacting to rogueneto, considering the only version of their relationship they’d be familiar with is from the movies. Going from Ian McKellen and Anna Paquin to this would be major whiplash lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    I NEVER expected to see Rogue and Magneto’s sexual tension adapted, so I have to respect the boldness of this creative decision. I really wanna know how casual viewers are reacting to rogueneto, considering the only version of their relationship they’d be familiar with is from the movies. Going from Ian McKellen and Anna Paquin to this would be major whiplash lol.
    Yeeahhhhhh the age difference is less uncomfortable, but still pretty uncomfortable. At least she hasn't been his student/protege like in AoA. So icky.

It's unfortunate this will probably drag through the entire season, but hopefully it will play out like canon. Trying to keep the faith in DeMayo's OTP comment and that Remy's line from the night club will come into play.

Wish it was August already to see what Gail has for us.

No Romy in the X-Men'97 preview even.

Alright, so I watched both episodes again and, if I ignore those specific parts I don't like, the series really is excellent. I'm impressed with the recasting of voice actors (Scott, Jubilee, Jean, Bishop), they really do sound like their predecessors. I'm not totally sold on Gambit's new voice, but it's not bad or anything. Beast and Storm sound great (Storm stole the show for me), Wolverine sounds good and yeah, Rogue's voice is a bit raspier, but it's still pretty good. They really did pack in a lot of content for two 28-minute episodes, so I'm hopeful the story will move quickly and the love triangle angle doesn't drag on for too long. I am convinced we will get Romy eventually. It's not hard to imagine this version of Mags being pushed back to the dark side. I'd rather see Scott or Storm lead the team.

Other random thoughts: I hope Gambit slowly stops using the third person when referring to himself. It's not necessary. I find it strange no one is questioning Xavier's will. Who says it's legit? Speaking of Xavier, will he come back eventually? Have there been any rumours regarding Mystique? Also, did I imagine things or did Rogue use multiple expressions using cats? Like a lot. LOL.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.