Page 16 of 67 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post

In the meantime, I'm dropping by to brighten a few spirits by announcing that Home & Harbor, a Rogue and Gambit charity fanzine created by fans for fans has officially opened for preorders!!!
    Follow this link to check it out: https://homeharborfanzine.bigcartel.com/
    Proceeds will be donated to The Hero Initiative!
    The artwork and concepts look great! Well done to all involved.

Wait. What. Where is this basketball scene and how the hell did I miss it?
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    Wait. What. Where is this basketball scene and how the hell did I miss it?
    Enjoy
    https://youtu.be/c0kP2J4c4yw?si=WxHJIVpUkSSOZA7l

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Thank you!
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

We still have a few months to get Dugganed a few more times before he finally leaves.
    But with a very positive reaction to first 3 episodes of TAS 97, great premise for Uncanny, awesome replies from Gail in her CBR thread, it is really something cool to be excited and wait in 2024!
    ALso I am waiting for Tatum's Gambit finally to appear in a Dadpool 3 this year.
    Yes. Excellent Purp, I had almost forgotten about that. Maybe we see him in a trailer before the movie too. Can’t wait to see him as Remy.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Yes. Excellent Purp, I had almost forgotten about that. Maybe we see him in a trailer before the movie too. Can’t wait to see him as Remy.
    Wait. Is this true? I'm so out of the loop, lol.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    Wait. Is this true? I'm so out of the loop, lol.
    It’s not confirmed but widely expected.

Wow, it is nice to be excited about upcoming projects involving Gambit and Rogue again!

Oh man, sounds like our low expectations are being met as usual. Glad I sat this one out, but standing by for any news of something meaningful.

In the meantime, I'm dropping by to brighten a few spirits by announcing that Home & Harbor, a Rogue and Gambit charity fanzine created by fans for fans has officially opened for preorders!!!
    Follow this link to check it out: https://homeharborfanzine.bigcartel.com/
    Proceeds will be donated to The Hero Initiative!
    Awesome! I just pre-ordered the whole package!

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    KT wrote that she never pans a character because everyone is someone’s favorite. I get that vibe from Simone too. I’m looking forward to a more empathetic Rogue and a more competent Gambit.

With all the mutants dispersed to different locations, I wonder if there is some new law prohibiting congregations of mutants. Since they drew strength from one another on Krakoa, maybe they’re forcibly separated. New team formations are always exciting moments, though it’s hard to get excited for more new characters after having endured approximately 65,000 new characters from Krakoa. On the plus side, none of the new characters seem to be a giant pile of talking bugs, a floating eyeball, or has ALL THE POWERS and a sword too! (<-sorry if those are your favorite characters, I am not classy like KT and will pan them at will).
    Lmfao same. This is me to the point that I’m at BEC levels and actually kind of disappointed that some of the characters people were losing their minds for months about Brevoort allegedly disliking and “obviously going to sideline” due to decades old Tumblr posts are somehow still front and center for the relaunch. Our favs were the victims of outgoing editorial’s personal preference for the last five years, but Brevoort is apparently mature enough to not be guilty of the same behavior? Rude and unfair tbh.

He also gave a really good quote (I think in his Substack) about how it’s very easy to abuse your powers as editor to sock puppet the writers/artists into prioritizing the specific characters/stories you personally favor over actual sales or fan demand, but that’s not what he plans on doing… lmfao I need to find it again because it was such good unintentional shade.

Spectacular Member CamilleMoineau's Avatar

I'm genuinely feeling much better after reading Gail's responses about the new book. Can't wait to see how wrong I've been to worry.

It's so strange being excited for fannish goodness--it's been such a long time!
    “Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by CamilleMoineau View Post
    I'm genuinely feeling much better after reading Gail's responses about the new book. Can't wait to see how wrong I've been to worry.

It's so strange being excited for fannish goodness--it's been such a long time!
    Me too. I am intrigued. I hope in this thread we can get back to theorizing and enjoying the plot instead of complaining about bad writing. It's our time to enjoy. Looking forward to hearing more news.

Quote Originally Posted by Sisterhood Of Mutants View Post
    You guys did a truly fantastic job. I’ve been following the progress on other social media, and the previews have all been so beautiful! Still deciding between bundles, but I can’t wait to preorder mine.
    It looks fantastic! My sincee congrats to you and everyone involved! Really excited for it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    The artwork and concepts look great! Well done to all involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    Awesome! I just pre-ordered the whole package!
    Thank you all so very much! Truly appreciate your kind words and support. This experience is helping me appreciate all the work that goes into storytelling media and comics in particular all the more.

And I'm so thrilled that Gail stopped by for a Q&A! Seriously put my mind at ease in terms of Gambit's treatment and now I'm ridiculously stoked for the promised sexiness! I hope they push the envelope with Marquez on board.

I have SO many things I'm pondering! Will we see Tante Mattie, Jean-Luc, or Belle? Are the younger mentees all new characters or some we might know? Are the cats gonna be around? Will we get family dynamics with Rogue, Kurt and Remy? Will Mystique and Destiny show up?!?! Are they hiding out in one of Gambit's old haunts?

And this Southern Gothic vibe with its spooky mysticism and dilapidated type feel sounds super fun. And how will that contrast with them as the more "traditional" outlaw mutants protecting a world that hates and fears them?

I think this era is giving Outback era energy and I'm here for it!

Why is it not July?! At least we have X-Men'97 to keep us distracted.

Why is it not July?! At least we have X-Men'97 to keep us distracted.
    Gail's Uncanny is coming out in August, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Gail's Uncanny is coming out in August, sadly.
    Oh man ... it's so far away!

Alright we can make X-Men'97 stretch and get an entertainment boost from the zine shipping out and Rogue and Gambit fanworks week in June.

When is Foxe's X-men97 coming out? I know it was in March, I guess it will come out after the show premiere.