Page 53 of 63 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354555657 ... LastLast

Sounds like I made the right choice in sitting out in these final Krakoa books. It's really going out in kind of a whimper by all accounts.

As for XM'97 ...
    spoilers:
    Even though I damn well knew Gambit would be gone from the credits, it still was super depressing. I was really paying attention to them showing us and reminding us about Cable, Apocalypse, Bishop and Nimrod here in the opening. I think it's a key clue for Ep. 7. Storm's story was poignant and well written, but went 100% as expected. Glad she got her glow up to an older and cooler costume and of course her powers back. The adventure in space to catch us up to Xavier was unexpected. Though I get the notion they are intentionally making us wait now for resolution after episode 5 and getting all the chess pieces in place, it made me all the less patient for this bit of Shi'ar space drama with the bird jerks. Though it was nice to see them tying them fully into the MCU universe with the Kree. Deathbird was given the best dialogue for sure and well characterized. We got a lot of good discussion via Storm, Forge, and Xavier about colonialism.

It was just hard to feel excited for this episode though. Ain't no sunshine when Remy is gone! And Charles vision to me was an absolute confirmation of his death. I mean, we also have a body in his case. I didn't really see this vision as tied to his Death persona though. Highly notable to me is that Xavier's vision was of Gambit to whom he had little personal connection and not the other supposedly dead main character and love of his life, Magneto. Which tells me that Mags ain't really dead and the writers are all yanking our collective chains. He can't be dead if he's going to seek revenge for Genosha in highly dramatic fashion as we all know he is and then need to be stopped by Xavier and the X-Men. We also got pretty well outright confirmation that Sinister took the place of Cassandra Nova in this version of "E is for Extinction". So it's kind of like mashing up the Morlock Massacre and Genoshian Genocide into one event. Streamlining?The weird thing about this to me is, what interest does Sinister have in a mutant versus human civil war? What does it do for him? It doesn't really serve a clear purpose towards his usual principles. Not unless he is serving Apocalypse? And/or Bastion. Apocalypse and Bastion both would have reasons based on their principles for instigating a war. I guess we find out next week week.

Really ready to see the X-Men and Rogue especially mourn Remy. Also ready for the big bad to reveal themselves. Hoping against all hopes that Cable, Bishop, Rogue, and Nightcrawler go save our boy. It would be especially poetic for old Gambit to save new Gambit and for Rogue to rescue Gambit as he says she always does in Ep 1. But hope also feels dangerous. These writers have yet to earn my trust.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Rogue fan has trouble keeping it together when watching/breaking down episode 5.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvhHBSImPq4

For those of us doubting that Mags had died alongside Gambit:

https://comicbookclublive.com/2024/0...-magneto-dead/

This doesn't mean they won't be brought back, though.

I hope Gambit's crop top stays dead, though. ;p
    Last edited by Nox Noctes; 04-17-2024 at 07:28 PM.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post

I genuinely hate how Marvel just straight up lies all the time about anything. Just say no comment

https://twitter.com/BeauDemayo/statu...-otd-bXPA&s=19

Edit: he seems to be deleting a lot of tweets today. InShot_20240417_223139968.jpg
    Last edited by Gripstir; 04-17-2024 at 07:34 PM.

I mean, sure they can tell us that. They could also be lying through their teeth. And I find it kind of annoying that they're telling us "oh ignore that, worry about what's next in the story". Like, let the audience care about what they care about.

Unless they got a body to show me, not buying it. LOL And of course we all saw Cable in that episode and know what he's capable of. Like ... why tell your audience not to think and speculate?

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    I genuinely hate how Marvel just straight up lies all the time about anything. Just say no comment

Ummm it's already down. Care to summarize?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Ummm it's already down. Care to summarize?
    I edited it with a screengrab

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post

Edit: he seems to be deleting a lot of tweets today. InShot_20240417_223139968.jpg
    See Beau knows what we know. Charles was WAY more connected to Magneto than Remy.

All-New Member

Default Hope!

I remember of this pic, and I have a hope what in the final, everything it's gonna be oh right!
    This scene never ever happen in this show

https://twitter.com/ResidentDead1/st...087971/photo/1

Ugh. WTH. I don't know why I bother reading interviews if it's just deception. Honestly.

I was hoping that scene was "real" and not planted for filler. Not sure.
    Last edited by Nox Noctes; 04-17-2024 at 08:29 PM.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by zefjv2 View Post
    I remember of this pic, and I have a hope what in the final, everything it's gonna be oh right!
    This scene never ever happen in this show

https://twitter.com/ResidentDead1/st...087971/photo/1
    I've wondered about this clip too. It's clearly the new sword wielding Kurt, clearly happening on Genosha, not a scene from XTAS or a callback to comics and involves a soldier. When we didn't get that scene in episode 5, I was confused. I hope it's showing a real future clip.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

It’s so hard to tell if they’re fucking with us to troll or yanking chains a bit in playful tease with ye old ‘trust us.’ I don’t know how Beau Demayo is as a show runner - I recall he was involved with Witcher but honestly? I got bored a few episodes in and bounced. Some show runners can break me emotionally ripping my heart out but I’ll keep coming back for more (Mike Flanagan, I will follow you into hell itself) because it’s just so damn good. Others… Ryan Murphy I keep lying to myself that *this* season of American Horror Story will tie everything up is a sensible manner (and will discuss and pick apart everything - what could it mean??) when I know by now he’s just gonna **** the bed with the final episode. D&D from Game of Thrones purposely fire bombed their final season because they wanted to ‘subvert audience expectations.’ I hope season 1 of X-Men 97 makes logical & emotional sense when episode 10 finishes up, honestly thought they’d done a great job with the five episodes and paying off/playing off themes they’d built. But damn, there are a lot of storylines to go with 4 episodes left. I will add that I’ve noticed streaming services generally pick up cartoons for the first two seasons when ordering a series so Beau may have laid out the overall plot & emotional beats with that mind rather than a one & done right first season.

Still. I’m chewing my thumb nail hoping for the best, but trying to make peace that we may have a show runner who’d rather do yet another sailor moon transformation & laugh at the idea of Gambit in a crop top just so he could kill him off & replace him with Nightcrawler

Well, at least season 2 of Interview with a Vampire starts next month

Magneto's clearly not dead, there's been multiple shots of him in his original/classic costume in upcoming episodes (I think I've posted some here before). He's finished with the X-Men most likely, especially with Xavier coming back and with what happened in Genosha. When I saw his "death" in ep 5, I was like "pfft yeah right, he's coming back anyway."

Gambit's the intricate one. If it's not Cable, then Mr Sinister's the next option...either by having him undergo the same procedure (Morph) or by use of the Death Seed (for Apocalypse).

We know comic book dead does not always mean dead dead. When I start having a problem with creators is when they lie and say oh he's dead, but it turns out it's a complete fake out and he actually survived (like this may be with Mags). That's not the same as yes he's absolutely dead and then just leaving out the part that there will be a resurrection of the character from death. It's clearly okay to leave out plot twists, just don't lie to your audience that yes he's absolutely dead as a door nail when in reality he's assumed dead by the audience and the characters on the show, and was actually alive all along.

I hope that the next episode, despite its title (Bright Eyes, probably a Cable reference), is finally a Rogue centered episode. I'm tired of waiting. It will be nice just to see her do something other than follow Magneto around. *rolls eyes*
    Last edited by Nox Noctes; 04-18-2024 at 02:37 AM.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

I hope that the next episode, despite its title (Bright Eyes, probably a Cable reference), is finally a Rogue centered episode. I'm tired of waiting. It will be nice just to see her do something other than follow Magneto around. *rolls eyes*
    Either Rogue, Cable or Cyclops.

I'll say Rogue because there's a good set-up for her. It could have the Val Cooper/Mystique reveal. Magneto will likely pop up, that way Rogue's grieving process will be fully focused on Gambit.

Magneto should be kissing Gambit's feet after what he did for him and his fellow mutants. If Magneto had any shred of honour (and I think he does) he wouldn't try to court Rogue again, she clearly said "no" to him anyway.
    Last edited by Sparta; 04-18-2024 at 03:11 AM.