Page 44 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    spoilers:
    I can see Sinister do something, and it's comic accurate, I know they're building Essex up for major roles. That's probably the best option because it doesn't take away from Gambit's sacrifice. The other theory is Cable and time-travel which there is evidence of in this episode. The other is Apocalypse and Death-Bit.

If it were time travel, I don't mind the idea of Cable working with Gambit, reaching him at the gala in time to prevent the attack, he could still have his hero moment, but survive? A bit like the 'Prisoner of Azkaban' where Hermione was changing events with time travel. And don't underestimate the Chris Potter connection. Maybe it's too good to be true, but I like the idea.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    spoilers:
    I was thinking about that "rescue" quote too. Maybe Rogue and Cable work together, by travelling with him? She did deliver him at birth, so there's a connection. I think Nate's the key, he's hell-bent on preventing the Genosha attack, there was foreshadowing in the first ep as well. We know he eventually plays a big role at some point this season.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by CamilleMoineau View Post
    spoilers:
    And they'll keep it up no matter what happens--hell, the fact they're still at it after this episode clearly explained where Remy, Rogue, and Erik stood relationship-wise, plus the grooming issue--shows that they're being willfully ignorant, picking and choosing what behavior to focus in on. It's possible to love a character, understand their motivations (or try to) and be critical of their actions. Anyway, this attitude toward Rogue among certain fans isn't new, but the fact it's going more widespread is. What makes it worse is that these newer slut-shamers come off as a bunch of incels wanting to paint Remy as the hateful, vengeful little loser they are, rather than who he is.

Rogue "deserves" to hold the body of the man she loves and to mourn him. After consideration, I think her choice at the gala was to overdo things in order to convince herself it's what she wanted--understandable, but terribly executed and hurtful toward Remy. Even so, he was who she chose in the end--to ignore that part just to disparage her more is some bullshit.

Anyway, if I judged either of these characters on whether or not they deserve the other the other because of their stupid and thoughtless behavior, I wouldn't be in this thread.
    end of spoilers
    Well said.

spoilers:
    Prediction time for the next two episodes:

Life/Death pt. 2: Storm regains her powers, hears about Genosha and returns to the mansion; the X-Men mourn the fallen; casket scene

Bright Eyes: initially I thought it was a reference to Cyclops, but I think Cable's going to reveal all or part of his plan; the synopsis says the team tracks down Trask and the "mastermind" behind everything (a villain or is it actually Cable trying to manipulate time to prevent the attack?)

I do believe there will be time traveling shenanigans that won't necessarily eliminate the attack, but save some mutants (yes, Gambit, I refuse to believe otherwise) or maybe a trip back in time to allow the X-Men and the Genosha folks to prepare against an attack.

I'm probably wrong in part or completely, but it's fun to theorize.
    end of spoilers
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

spoilers:
    If the plan is to reset Genosha, we'll probably get a very different Gala at the end of the season. Gambit will have his dance.
    end of spoilers

All-New Member

Default I love the episode #5

My last Wednesday was very crazy, I had a travel Business to São Paulo, and I waked up 04:00 AM, and I Downloaded the episode in Disney+ in the first moment.
    I Watched in the airplane and I cryed after in the last scene, the people in my side don't understand. Crazy moment, but I loved every moment the Rogue and Gambit #5.
    I understod every decisoes with Rogue taked, and I love the final decision.
    Gambit have a perfect screenplay for a constrution of heroy jorney and in the end was amazed.

In the end of this season, Cherie and the Swamp Rat will stay together and loved (how? I don't know, but I m believe)
    Last edited by zefjv2; 04-11-2024 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zin Magala View Post
    spoilers:
    If the plan is to reset Genosha, we'll probably get a very different Gala at the end of the season. Gambit will have his dance.
    end of spoilers
    That would be a great twist.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Zin Magala View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    This post reassured me. Thank you.
    I think it will really happen.
    spoilers:

Gambit offered to dance in ep 1 in club but Rogue was afraid of her powers.

Rogue dances with Magneto instead on Gala and realize her mistake.

Gambit and Rogue will have their happy dance after final fight in ep 10.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Purplevit; 04-11-2024 at 12:35 PM.

Article on AJ and Lenore's reactions to Ep 5. (spoilers)...

https://www.cinemablend.com/intervie...nn-aj-locascio

spoilers:
    I liked both answers, especially Lenore's, I'm under the impression that Rogneto's finished, and Lenore reiterates Rogue quoting Remy to Erik and the importance of it. I already had that inkling from the time Rogue thanked Erik for the dance anyway. At the end there's nothing really more you can do with the triangle now that Erik knows his place. There might be AoA at some point, but that's an alt reality, if they want to do a 2-3-parter on it, then that's fine.

But I really loved Lenore's answer and how she felt about Remy's "deeper than skin" line.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Yeah, that's a good article. Lenore gets it. And I agree re: Rogueneto; it's over (it wouldn't make much sense otherwise). Thinking out loud for a moment: was the purpose of that storyline to make Rogue choose or to make Gambit a more sympathetic character? His "end" is incredibly heroic, his behavior towards Rogue incredibly mature, DeMayo went to great lengths to make Gambit look good in that episode. I have a feeling he may gain more fans as a result. I don't think reversing his death would eliminate that heroism (it happened on screen either way, we saw it, we will remember it) and if the rewrite of the attack via time travel is well-written (if that's what happens), he may still get a heroic scene. Anyway, I've convinced myself he's coming back some way or another. I don't like the alternative.
    end of spoilers

Edit: 600 posts! Wow. I need to stop, lol.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    spoilers:
    Yeah, that's a good article. Lenore gets it. And I agree re: Rogueneto; it's over (it wouldn't make much sense otherwise). Thinking out loud for a moment: was the purpose of that storyline to make Rogue choose or to make Gambit a more sympathetic character? His "end" is incredibly heroic, his behavior towards Rogue incredibly mature, DeMayo went to great lengths to make Gambit look good in that episode. I have a feeling he may gain more fans as a result. I don't think reversing his death would eliminate that heroism (it happened on screen either way, we saw it, we will remember it) and if the rewrite of the attack via time travel is well-written (if that's what happens), he may still get a heroic scene. Anyway, I've convinced myself he's coming back some way or another. I don't like the alternative.
    end of spoilers

Edit: 600 posts! Wow. I need to stop, lol.
    Oh man ... is it 72 hours on TV spoilers? I don't remember. These boxes are getting old. Anyway ...

spoilers:
    I think it's both. I agree 1000% this gave everyone the Gambit that WE as his comic fans already had met, who is incredibly skilled, amazingly loyal and honorable and emotionally mature. Especially in recent stories, he's the cool-headed emotionally anchored character. I've seen so many people say they're now Gambit fans after this episode. He's rightfully hurt, angry and heartbroken in these scenes and I think this situation will deserve some MAJOR repair on Rogue's part now, assuming we ever get him back.

I would think the guilt over how she left things off with him before he died is going to be absolutely drowning her in grief the next few episodes before she descends into blinding anger. And with Rogue, I think the choice had so much to do with her not understanding what love requires and what it doesn't. She is going to feel this loss and absence so much more accutely than the ability to touch. I don't know that she fully appreciated what she had in Remy and unfortunately she will now.

Trying so hard to keep faith in DeMayo and the VAs saying "trust me", "stay with it", etc. This is a lot to ask. Not seeing him for several episodes or until next season might break me along with Rogue.
    end of spoilers

How long for the spoiler embargo?

spoilers:
    The only thing that makes me think Gambit is coming back is that Magneto may also be dead. If Gambit died only I would be in panic mode
    end of spoilers

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    How long for the spoiler embargo?

spoilers:
    The only thing that makes me think Gambit is coming back is that Magneto may also be dead. If Gambit died only I would be in panic mode
    end of spoilers
    If it is 72 hours, then through Friday as well then right? Which is so fun on mobile!

spoilers:
    I’m weirdly clinging to the best piece of evidence to me is that she’s wearing her iconic red dress from X-Men #4 in episode 5. The series opened with an obvious “hey, we are very familiar with this specific issue, look here’s the basketball part!!” with Gambit, Rogue, Jubilee & Wolverine in said outfits. ****, they put a playful nod to it in the opening credits with Rogue kissing him through her gloved hand. Like, for a show that is sooooooo referential in the 5 episodes we’ve seen to source material, Rogue in the dress seems like an odd choice if Gambit is hella dead and she danced with Magneto in it. IDK, the show made it a point that Gambit & Rogue have never actually dated. It would be kinda brilliant if Gambit & Rogue started in their basketball outfits flirting and ended the season in (at least her) icon red dress that they started dated like in the comics. A cute little issue 4 all wrapped up.. Rogue gets in on the time travel business and sets the night of episode 5 correct during episode 10 (I cannot imagine they’ll fix it in episode 7).

So… that’s where I’m at. They would have chucked Rogue in a non-descript pretty dress if it didn’t have a deeper meaning. But they didn’t. They put her in the very specific dress she wore on her first date with Gambit.
    end of spoilers

Spoilers don’t work on iPads, presumably on iPhones too. So 72 hours is a hefty rule.

spoilers:
    While there exists ways inside of the show to reverse the events the big question is: Do DeMayo want to do that? Bringing back Remy will meet a lot of positive feedback but also some negative. Some fans will think that it cheapens and dulls the impact of episode 5. It’s the problem with doing an episode like 5 in a show that before wasn’t about these things. Either 5 becomes a mission statement or it risks turning into a fake out, as of now it seems DeMayo certainly wants it as a mission statement.
    end of spoilers

Fantastic Member

This is a theory somebody posted elsewhere about where they could go from here. I do not believe this will actually happen but I dig it enough to repost it.
    spoilers:
    I could see Rogue Seeking out Wanda to steal her power to change reality and that becoming House of M. Be kinda cool where she creates a Magneto ruled world where she's his queen and Gambit is alive, but he is aware he's meant to be dead and is all "Cher, Gambit knows this is a lie. Gambit is happy to see you, but Gambit dead. He died how he lived, protecting those he loved the most. Petite, you need to let go" and then we get the No More Mutants bit from Rogue. And then we can get a reverse of the panel of Rogue punching Wanda.
    end of spoilers

I'm all about that tragedy, I admit. Also it connects everything we've seen with a very famous X-Men comic storyline. This show, like TAS, takes comic stories and has them all focused on just our core group of characters. If they would ever do House of M/Decimation, it would not be Wanda who did it.

But as I say, I really doubt this is where it would go. I just thought it was creative and heartbreaking.

Quote Originally Posted by NK1988 View Post
    spoilers:
    I could see Rogue Seeking out Wanda to steal her power to change reality and that becoming House of M.
    end of spoilers

I'm all about that tragedy, I admit. Also it connects everything we've seen with a very famous X-Men comic storyline. This show, like TAS, takes comic stories and has them all focused on just our core group of characters. If they would ever do House of M/Decimation, it would not be Wanda who did it.
    spoilers:
    This would be a bad move, it would be like stealing the Dark Phoenix Saga from Jean Grey
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Spoilers don’t work on iPads, presumably on iPhones too. So 72 hours is a hefty rule.

spoilers:
    While there exists ways inside of the show to reverse the events the big question is: Do DeMayo want to do that? Bringing back Remy will meet a lot of positive feedback but also some negative. Some fans will think that it cheapens and dulls the impact of episode 5. It’s the problem with doing an episode like 5 in a show that before wasn’t about these things. Either 5 becomes a mission statement or it risks turning into a fake out, as of now it seems DeMayo certainly wants it as a mission statement.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It depends on how it's executed.

I'm certain that Cable's going to make another attempt to prevent the attack. This is his character arc for season 1. It's clear to me now, Maddie being pregnant in the first ep, the vision she had of the cradle and then Nate's voice warning her at the gala and all the graves. They're not going to set Cable up to fail after all that build-up. Not saying that he'll reset everything, but he'll change things. As far as Gambit's concerned, I can see Rogue playing a part in this as well, "Rogue always comes to Gambit's rescue". Will Gambit's sacrifice be cheapened? Not sure, it depends on what he does, and if Rogue's involved she might have to face the dilemma about the fact that his sacrifice needs to stand and that she can't save him, which is interesting. But I'm thinking we'll see Gambit again at the gala when Cable goes back in time.

Maddie, Dazzler, Moira, Banshee, Shaw, Calisto etc are all dead too, pretty important characters just to waste away, how can you have the Hellfire Club without Shaw? Dazzler's a loved character, she didn't even have a line, Maddie died pretty cheaply too.
    end of spoilers