Page 50 of 63 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast

spoilers:
    It's a point in favor of Xavier coming back this season so something else we can speculate. If he is coming back, chances are they are doing Onslaught or Cassandra Nova (both?) next season. It really makes Apocalypse and Deathbit unlikely. There is plenty of room on the time travel train for everyone.
    end of spoilers

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zin Magala View Post
    The I was planning on skipping the rest of the season until social media tells me G is back but then they bring in 2 of my favorite other characters in one clip. Though the way things are playing out makes me kind of suspicious about something

I was thinking about what Kurt said to Remy: "Just marry the girl and be done!". Then the scene ended with Gambit smiling.

Does anyone think that there might be a scene where Rogue enters Gambit's hotel room (after his death) to grab his things, only to find an engagement ring? Maybe he took Kurt's advice and bought one for her in Genosha?

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    wtf? Actually several wtf's, because spoilers:
    Shi'ar? VULCAN? maybe Cassandra Nova after all
    end of spoilers

But I'm glad it's not just Storm, really hope they let us grieve for Remy. Waiting for another episode after that gut-punch would have been a poor choice IMO.
    Agreed. Episode 5 was so traumatic, the viewers need time to grieve with the team. As for Apocalypse/Horsemen, I hated that story, BUT if they did adapt it, they would probably do a better job of it (I mean, that's not hard to do). Re: the space stuff--yeah Xavier's back for sure in some way. I was definitely not expecting bloody space stuff next episode--it could have waited until next season, I think.

Sidebar: I just found out today that they retconned Nightcrawler's bio parents to Destiny & Mystique last year?! So if his bio parents are Destiny & Mystique and they informally adopted and raised Rogue, then that makes Rogue and Nightcrawler actual (non biological) siblings, not step-siblings. That puts Uncanny into a new light for me. I hope their family ties get a proper exploration.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    I was thinking about what Kurt said to Remy: "Just marry the girl and be done!". Then the scene ended with Gambit smiling.

Does anyone think that there might be a scene where Rogue enters Gambit's hotel room (after his death) to grab his things, only to find an engagement ring? Maybe he took Kurt's advice and bought one for her in Genosha?
    Interesting you say that, it crossed my mind too.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post

Hasn't Rogue suffered enough? lol

The only pushback that I can think of for them getting married this season is they might want to save something for a later one. Other than that, I can think of a lot of reasons why it's a real possibility and it makes sense for this season. I guess it comes down to what would everyone thinks would be a satisfactory conclusion to this roller coaster ride. Just Rogue's confession? A kiss? A dance? Rogue finally revealing her real name? Maybe all four?

Well, them getting married would cover all of those. I need to see if they get to hold onto their memories of that day and they get to live through the Gala again.
    Last edited by Zin Magala; 04-16-2024 at 03:06 PM.

I think the Gambit and Nightcrawler conversation was foreshadowing, but I'm not sure I want them to get married anytime soon.

As shown by Magneto, they still gotta lot of stuff to work through. Once Gambit comes back, they'll basically just barely getting started officially dating for real now lol. Let alone get married.

I wanna see all the romantic dates from the 90s and build it all up, then have the wedding in a later season.

I agree that it's too soon for them to get married, but I was surprised by Kurt's line about marriage. I was thinking they might add an engagement ring scene just to make things much more tragic and heart-breaking.

Just give me Kurt saying, "I can marry you two right now," so I can watch them panic.

I rather them build towards it. There are many other beats that need to be explored first.

I don't want second season more about their drama so they can make a marriage later.
    Gambit told that Rogue never wanted to make them official and also we have Kirt's words.

Nothing is more official then marriage
    So they should get married at the end of season 1 and try a normal life like DeMayo earlier teased.

Let s2 be their happy and sexy honey moon vs assassins and aliens.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I don't want second season more about their drama so they can make a marriage later.
    Gambit told that Rogue never wanted to make them official and also we have Kirt's words.

So they should get married at the end of season 1 and try a normal life like DeMayo earlier teased.

Marriage doesn't mean less drama, have you seen Scott and Jean? lol, though luckily Rogue and Gambit have been mostly drama-free so far.

IMO it won't feel satisfying rushing it.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Marriage doesn't mean less drama, have you seen Scott and Jean? lol

IMO it won't feel satisfying rushing it.
    But X-Men 97 is not a new show.
    We have 5 seasons already. I don't see anything that married status can take away from them just dating.

You are making it real hard to keep my expectations in check. lol

But X-Men 97 is not a new show.
    We have 5 seasons already. I don't see anything that married status can take away from them just dating.
    5 seasons of will they won't they isn't relationship building, it's a holding pattern. They still gotta get used to themselves as people in a relationship for real.

But I apologize, I shouldn't be nitpicking what other people hope to see in the show. I appreciate slow-burn but that's not everyone's cup of tea and this show itself is more on the faster side, so who knows; it could happen.
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 04-16-2024 at 04:04 PM.

LOL I have to say, I'm just hoping to have Remy back and mostly undead by episode 10. Y'all are getting way down the road.

Cool as a wedding would be and as badly as I'd like to see one, that sounds more like a season finale for Seasons 2 or 3 ... or 4? You KNOW a good storyteller is going to string you along as long as they can for maximum payoff and not give you everything up front.

But I agree we should have some resolution to the major arcs.

Just making them an official couple and seeing them actually date and start navigating this touch issue head on would be huge progress. But all I'm betting on is Rogue telling him she loves him. And that would make me happy at this point.

And that's assuming they don't sidetrack their reunion somehow.

Still betting on Cable. Fingers crossed.

I expect that space stuff means we're gonna figure out what happened to Xavier and that he'll be returning by end of season. Still haven't given up on Fatal Attractions or Onslaught fallout leading into Season 2.

Nightcrawler's comment came so out-of-the-blue (pun kind of intended?) that it has to mean something. Either this season or next, I think they have it in the cards (pun intended this time, lol).
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.