Page 49 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast

Cute if maybe unfortunately timed variant covers for X-Men '97 #3: https://twitter.com/mvrtxin/status/1779870614888562953

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    Cute if maybe unfortunately timed variant covers for X-Men '97 #3: https://twitter.com/mvrtxin/status/1779870614888562953
    Oooorrrrr ... perfectly timed? Ha ...haha ... yeah no ... just switching between manically laughing and crying.

At least one thing is consistent. To be a Romy fan is to know the highest of highs and lowest of lows.

Dan Veesenmeyer breaking our hearts all over again with this:
    IMG_20240415_210716.jpg

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    At least one thing is consistent. To be a Romy fan is to know the highest of highs and lowest of lows.
    Ain’t that the truth?

I’m yet again trying to convince myself that this will be fix with some time travel hijinx. Like the last 3 episodes are “Torrence is Extinction” — so it’s gotta be like half Operation Zero Tolerance & half E is for Extinction right? C’mon time travel!! …please?

D38AF4D0-A69D-4717-831A-4AA0EC6BDBEE.jpg

Ah well. I’m at least stoked we’ll get some Rogue focus, she hasn’t had much to do outside of be party to a love triangle. Rogue is the “mascot” of the season is what I believe Beau said about her - curious how a dark forbidding back half of season one is gonna end with any hope but get it girl
    Last edited by PeachFlavoredXanax; 04-15-2024 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    Ain’t that the truth?

I’m yet again trying to convince myself that this will be fix with some time travel hijinx. Like the last 3 episodes are “Torrence is Extinction” — so it’s gotta be like half Operation Zero Tolerance & half E is for Extinction right? C’mon time travel!! …please?

D38AF4D0-A69D-4717-831A-4AA0EC6BDBEE.jpg

Ah well. I’m at least stoked we’ll get some Rogue focus, she hasn’t had much to do outside of be party to a love triangle. Rogue is the “mascot” of the season is what I believe Beau said about her - curious how a dark forbidding back half of season one is gonna end with any hope but get it girl
    That pic pretty much sums it up.

When I think of Gambit coming back as a Horseman, I think of 'Blood of Apocalypse' ...the worst Gambit (and Romy) story of all time. I'd assume if they go way, they'd do a better job. That'd be a season 2 storyline. It has potential, a better design and an emotional character arc for Rogue.

For me personally, the time-travel theory works better, and the idea of Rogue saving Gambit by travelling with Cable would be a nice payoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    That pic pretty much sums it up.

When I think of Gambit coming back as a Horseman, I think of 'Blood of Apocalypse' ...the worst Gambit (and Romy) story of all time. I'd assume if they go way, they'd do a better job. That'd be a season 2 storyline. It has potential, a better design and an emotional character arc for Rogue.

For me personally, the time-travel theory works better, and the idea of Rogue saving Gambit by travelling with Cable would be a nice payoff.
    Let’s just put it like this: It’s hard to do worse than BoA. They really have to get creative if they want to make that worse.

The big problem with BoA is that it would require Apocalypse to be able to resurrect Remy. The same with a Sinister plot, unless of course he is undergoing some New Sun metamorphosis and isn’t technically dead.

Time travel seems the safest bet.

I am changing my opinion every day. I almost sure they aren't going to undo the attack on Genosha.

So I'm debating between Deathbit and Time Travel depending on my mood.

I don't even want to think in the third option which is to keep living and Remy staying dead.

Just hope there is foreshadowing in the phrase Remy says in the first chapter.
    "Rogue always comes to Gambit's rescue."

Quote Originally Posted by Ilargi View Post
    I am changing my opinion every day. I almost sure they aren't going to undo the attack on Genosha.

So I'm debating between Deathbit and Time Travel depending on my mood.

I don't even want to think in the third option which is to keep living and Remy staying dead.

Just hope there is foreshadowing in the phrase Remy says in the first chapter.
    "Rogue always comes to Gambit's rescue."
    I just love that we can discuss, guess and debate about Gambit, Rogue and X-Men with passion again.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I just love that we can discuss, guess and debate about Gambit, Rogue and X-Men with passion again.
    Yeaah, even though we are all heartbroken, we are enjoying the narrative.

Getting out of the apathy in which the X-office had us installed is great.

https://www.ign.com/videos/x-men-97-...exclusive-clip

It's not going to be all Storm tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Zin Magala View Post
    https://www.ign.com/videos/x-men-97-...exclusive-clip

It's not going to be all Storm tomorrow.
    wtf? Actually several wtf's, because spoilers:
    Shi'ar? VULCAN? maybe Cassandra Nova after all
    end of spoilers

But I'm glad it's not just Storm, really hope they let us grieve for Remy. Waiting for another episode after that gut-punch would have been a poor choice IMO.
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 04-16-2024 at 10:17 AM.

Spectacular Member CamilleMoineau's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    wtf? Actually several wtf's, because spoilers:
    Shi'ar? VULCAN? maybe Cassandra Nova after all
    end of spoilers

But I'm glad it's not just Storm, really hope they let us grieve for Remy. Waiting for another episode after that gut-punch would have been a poor choice IMO.
    The clip won't play correctly for me--anyone else?

Anyway, I hope we don't have to wait til 7 to see any grieving.
    “Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

It played for me but IGN can be wonky. You might wanna clear your cookies and/or change browsers.

Spectacular Member CamilleMoineau's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zin Magala View Post
    Thanks.
    I'm trying to not be impatient, but I don't have time for non-Storm, non-Rogue stuff.
    spoilers:
    space stuff bores me as it is. *sulks*
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by CamilleMoineau; 04-16-2024 at 11:53 AM.
    “Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds