Page 18 of 63 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Interestingly we had a discussion back in January about what everyone on this thread was hoping for with the upcoming "Out of the Ashes" books and in all seriousness Uncanny X-Men sounds like almost exactly what I was hoping for. Rogue and Gambit on the same book with a writer who loves them and in a leadership/mentor role. The NOLA setting is just icing on the cake.

Rogue and Gambit never struck me as characters who would have wholeheartedly trusted and bought into Krakoa, especially with Sinister and Apocalypse being embraced and integral to its structure. The lack of any negativity or concerns expressed by them didn't feel right. Their loyalty to Xavier might have kept them onboard, but even there they've experienced issues in the past.

So we don't know where their headspace will be when everything falls down, but it sounds like they are going into hiding. I'd say this has some of the feeling of the Outback era. Perhaps the X-Men are trying to "lay low"?

What would Rogue and Gambit do if all else failed and they had to return to the real world? What kind of life might they build? How would they support themselves? Does Rogue still have her inheritance? Gambit his investment money? Do they have any of their houses left in Valle Soleada, New York, or NOLA? Even if they did, would they be safe to go back to?

If Gambit was still King of Thieves, then I'd expect returning to that place and role would make sense. But it doesn't seem like that's the case, at least not entirely. Maybe they'll be in touch with someone loyal to him like Tante Mattie or Jean-Luc?

I feel like Rogue is going to grieve Krakoa's loss more deeply than Remy too, having been on the X-Team.

So do they happen upon the rest of their team or go seeking them out?

People have called out the lack of diversity on the posted rosters and it's a valid point. But it does seem to me that this is something Gail will care about balancing out and that may help clue us in to roster additions.

Keeping Carmen/Feint with them would make sense potentially. She has a great design and lots of growth potential as we've seen. Or maybe these will be all new characters? Personally I'd like to see them keep a few holdovers from previous eras rather than numerous new OCs. Bling would also be great.

It's been a minute since we saw Rogue really bond with a mentee. Someone from her prior team would be good to see.
    Last edited by Gaelforce; 03-18-2024 at 08:36 AM.

To be honest, I just want to see them enjoy each other and actually do things. I feel like I can count on one hand the exciting things either of them did.
    Last edited by TheRealWashout; 03-18-2024 at 08:40 AM.

Just a heads up guys.

Report, don't reply.

Posting "I reported," "Everyone should report this," or "You're going to get reported" just leaves more work for the moderators as they have to clean up all the posts.

Thanks!
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    Just a heads up guys.

Report, don't reply.

Posting "I reported," "Everyone should report this," or "You're going to get reported" just leaves more work for the moderators as they have to clean up all the posts.

Thanks!
    Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    But this is an appreciation thread, what do you hope to see in the upcoming books? Any hopes and wishes?
    Honestly before I knew about Unncany, I was fine with them being written as a healthy relationship, even if they weren't on the same team.

But now with all the little hints Gail is dropping, I want 50 issues of whatever she wants. lol.

I think we got really lucky

I feel lucky…also - weird? Like I have nothing to b!tch about, so now what do I do?

Yeah, my January wishlist was for them to bring the sexy back and it sounds like I’m getting exactly what I wanted. Every time I open the Gail thread, I feel like it’s freakin’ Christmas.

Yeah, everything I've read about this book sounds pretty great. With X-Men 97 coming, I've been rewatching XTAS and I've come to realize how much I've missed the "classic" characters interacting. The line-up of Uncanny makes me hope we'll get a glimpse of it there as well as in X-Men 97.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

2 more days until X-Men'97! Feels like Christmas indeed!

Is it sad that as a grown adult and parent, I'm trying to figure out how to view a cartoon around said adulting? Ooorrrr is it a sign of immense coolness? Yeah don't answer that. LOL

Seriously considering watching this when it drops here at 2 AM and just being tired at work because I'll be too distracted to focus anyway and don't want spoilers.

This is why movies and comics really need to drop on Fridays.

The action sequences look great. But out of all the scenes/shots I've seen from the trailers and other previews, that night club scene is the one I'm looking forward to the most.
    Last edited by Sparta; 03-19-2024 at 04:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Interestingly we had a discussion back in January about what everyone on this thread was hoping for with the upcoming "Out of the Ashes" books and in all seriousness Uncanny X-Men sounds like almost exactly what I was hoping for. Rogue and Gambit on the same book with a writer who loves them and in a leadership/mentor role. The NOLA setting is just icing on the cake.
    Yep! I remember you writing it. I read it and was like nah, unfortunately Marvel will never give us this.

And now we have Uncanny with top writer and artist with Gambit, Rogue, Wolverine, Kurt and Jubs in Nola.
    I am still shocked!
    Last edited by Purplevit; 03-19-2024 at 07:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Yep! I remember you writing it. I read it and was like nah, unfortunately Marvel will never give us this.

And know we have Uncanny with top writer and artist with Gambit, Rogue, Wolverine, Kurt and Jubs in Nola.
    I am still shocked!
    Plus Monet (at least all signs point to), which I don't think we ever saw interacting with Rogue or Remy, so this should be interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Plus Monet (at least all signs point to), which I don't think we ever saw interacting with Rogue or Remy, so this should be interesting!
    I think that Gail will write teased Monet and Dazzler for sure but it may be a different project? If I am right, Gail also teased smaller X projects in some capacity.

For me Monet is too similar in powers display to Rogue and Dazzler to Jubs to actually join Uncanny. But good writer can give everyone time to shine, really (Not you, Duggan).
    I think that after Phonix solo, Jean will join Uncanny.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Monet sort of followed Rogue around a bit in Uncanny Avengers (2023), but Rogue barely interacted with anyone in that book.

This little nugget in the last X-men 97' trailer made my whole day.
    2xdgqczpqepc1.jpg

I am spoilers:
    so sorry Romy friends.

X-Men 97' is not gonna be a fun time for us. On the plus side, Gambit was incredibly hot.
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    I am spoilers:
    so sorry Romy friends.

X-Men 97' is not gonna be a fun time for us. On the plus side, Gambit was incredibly hot.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I will be shocked if Magneto hasn’t turned evil by the end of the finale, I think they are setting up something similar to his “I was a fool to even try” moment from when he was in the Savage Land with Rogue in UXM #274
    end of spoilers
    L'Enfer !