Page 8 of 65 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    This whole Krakoan era is like a damn roller coaster
    and I'm sick of it
    lol, the mini for me was at the top of the loop de loop with all of us hanging upside down due to a ride malfunction. I think I’ve spent more time waiting for things to end than I have anticipating something coming up. Excalibur - when will this journey end already? Lives and Deaths of Wolverine - no, just skip this! Sins of Sinister - why is this still going on? The mini - gah, just put me out of my misery! Duggan’s x-run - breathes long tired sigh.

I want off this ride!

Quote Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
    To be fair, that mini kind of invalidated itself. Most of us if asked by a total stranger would not recommend anyone to buy and read it. That said I felt their dynamic felt better than the any interaction between the other characters, though that isn't that much of a defense. Also I think you guys are kind of quick to consider this as bad Remy treatment, it's neutral. Doesn't look great, but doesn't look bad either. If anything it's probably one of his better treatments of Remy, seeing how he worked out whatever Rogue and Destiny did in that mini was likely for this scenario. It's not that farfetched that Remy can work it out on his own, as he knows how Destiny works.
    The problem for me is that it's not a bad characterization due to lack of knowledge, it's bad faith on Duggan's part. And it already sucks. I have no more patience to put up with such a childish attitude.

It's done on purpose because he can't make his ship reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
    To be fair, that mini kind of invalidated itself. Most of us if asked by a total stranger would not recommend anyone to buy and read it. That said I felt their dynamic felt better than the any interaction between the other characters, though that isn't that much of a defense. Also I think you guys are kind of quick to consider this as bad Remy treatment, it's neutral. Doesn't look great, but doesn't look bad either. If anything it's probably one of his better treatments of Remy, seeing how he worked out whatever Rogue and Destiny did in that mini was likely for this scenario. It's not that farfetched that Remy can work it out on his own, as he knows how Destiny works.
    No doubt. Remy's more than capable of handling whatever they can dish out...

Last edited by K7P5V; 02-14-2024 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Added Clarification.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Exactly. In a vacuum, it might not be bad. But we've been dealing with this treatment for a while. I remember even being tired of it when Destiny said the "Hate you" line in X-Men because it was just a re-tread of Mystique's treatment of Gambit.
    Remy has had so many bad writers over the years I've adapted to take every issue in a vacuum. It's probably why I found Tini Howard's work much more palatable than the rest of the Romy fan base. That said I never considered any of Duggan's character interactions to be good, so why would I expect his Romy writing to be great? I know a lot of people look at his Deadpool and Rogue interactions as evidence that he hates Romy but looking at his overall work I think it's more likely he is just better at writing Deadpool than some of his other characters. Honestly his Romy interactions felt more organic than the other big pairings he wrote. Look at Talon and Synch, or Iron Man and Emma. I always felt those were shoehorned.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilargi View Post
    The problem for me is that it's not a bad characterization due to lack of knowledge, it's bad faith on Duggan's part. And it already sucks. I have no more patience to put up with such a childish attitude.

It's done on purpose because he can't make his ship reality.
    100% I'm very over it and refuse to pick up his books anymore. He can pout all he wants though. Because he and the two other people shipping Rogue with Wade aren't going to get anywhere. Stop trying to make fetch happen, Duggan! It ain't never gonna happen. Not in this decade and probably not the next either.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    lol, the mini for me was at the top of the loop de loop with all of us hanging upside down due to a ride malfunction. I think I’ve spent more time waiting for things to end than I have anticipating something coming up. Excalibur - when will this journey end already? Lives and Deaths of Wolverine - no, just skip this! Sins of Sinister - why is this still going on? The mini - gah, just put me out of my misery! Duggan’s x-run - breathes long tired sigh.

I want off this ride!
    LOL Hard same, friend. 90% of this entire Krakoan era has felt like "Are we done yet?" to me as well. At this point I refuse to pick up any more titles for it. It sparks no joy.

Officially ready for whatever the hell Out of the Ashes entails at this point. Bring on the Brevoort era.

Listen y'all, it's Valentine's Day and we won't let this dude rain on our parade.

Let Carola Borelli cheer us up with this!
    IMG_20240214_130319.jpg

For the full effect, imagine En Vogue's "My Lovin'" a.k.a. "Never gonna get it" playing and then send that sentiment in your mind's eye to our dear pals Deadpool and Gerry.

Happy Valentine's Day!

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Spectacular Member

Good morning everyone! Wow, it’s been a while since I’ve posted. Thanks for keeping the R&G love going strong.

Just wanted to share some happy news: https://screenrant.com/xmen-97-show-...ment-premiere/
    I was actually going to cancel my Disney+ subscription but that’s out the door now. See? Every time I think I’m out, they suck me back in. I consider the news a personal gift from the heavens since it landed on my birthday.

Have a lovely day!

Somewhere in the Marvel office

[QUOTE=staptik777;6726588]

Come on! I can't get more hype about this already! this is the cherry on top!!

[QUOTE=Ilargi;6726613]
    Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post

Come on! I can't get more hype about this already! this is the cherry on top!!
    Hyperventilating - I - I - I’m so, I’m so— passes out.

lol, you are too right Staptik - they are all FURIOUS right now. Hope X97 sets the tone for the next 20 years.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

I'm trying really hard not to put too much stock in DeMayo bc we've been burned so many times before but that quote is certainly very promising!
    Make Good Art

Every time I look at Sandmans_Raven's avatar I swoon. They look so damn sexy in that pic.

The Gambit/Wolverine charge was everything. Best part of the trailer.
    While Gambit looked good in the dance party shot. I would've liked to have seen him out of his work clothes while Rogue's standing next to him all dressed up. Assuming that he'll be dancing with her at some point in that scene.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Every time I look at Sandmans_Raven's avatar I swoon. They look so damn sexy in that pic.
    You and me both, friend
    Make Good Art

The man in charge calls them OTPs and Gambit does cool stuff. Am I dreaming? It's Christmas?

Marvel knows we Romy fans are pissed off and they're afraid we're going to go there with torches and pitchforks?