Quote Originally Posted by smokey78 View Post
    https://www.sideshow.com/collectible...ctibles-300851
    Here's the Romy statue, looks AMAZING!
    Yeah, it's nice. Pricey though. Oof.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

https://www.sideshow.com/collectible...ctibles-300851
    Here's the Romy statue, looks AMAZING!
    Wow, that's incredible. They know there's an audience for this again or an expanded audience anyway.

I wonder if my bank would allow me to not pay my mortgage so I could buy that statue. Like, I feel as if Romy should count as a legitimate excuse.

Well dang ... I fall off the face of the Earth for a few days and missed all the discussion.

spoilers:
    I was really surprised not to get more time with Cable last episode, but glad to see Rogue get so much focus this episode. I suppose she IS the one who gave him the name "Bright Eyes" so it tracks. I loved seeing her go ham and thought her going to anger rather than face her grief was very in character. Also seeing her be tipped over the edge to kill Trask and calling Remy "my man" ... ah that felt very earned.

I was bummed that Storm still hasn't returned by now and missed the funeral. Generally I was pleasantly surprised by Kurt's sermon and glad they at least buried him in NOLA. But WHO was the chick with the green eyes and two-toned hair? People are saying Aurora but she has no reason to be there. ... maybe Mystique?! Assuming Rogue would be there? I loved Jubilee's reaction but also 100% agree Rogue wouldn't have gone to the funeral. Like KT always said, Rogue would rather take on Apocalypse than deal with her emotional ****.

Now I know everyone is all hot and bothered for Deathbit to happen. I hate that storyline with the fire of a thousand suns, so I'm really hoping that's not it. It's still better than permanent death, but I hate it. But yeah, it would track if they have some way to resurrect the dead. The sucky thing about Deathbit is that it happened WAY post Morrison and is way more modern material than I thought they were going this season

I still would far prefer time travel shenanigans and we know we are getting at least SOME of those considering we have Cable and Bastion in play here and that Beau also said people should rewatch One Man's Worth.

We shall see. All I know is stuff is about to go down and maybe we'll need a hard time reset once all is said and done. Also I can't continue to watch a show where Gambit will not be returning, so something has to happen. If Jean and Morph get to come back and Mags is alive and well as we all dang well knew he would be, then keeping Remy dead would be beyond cruel.
    end of spoilers

Anyway getting more and more excited for Uncanny in August as we see more reveals and hear more from Gail.

There's speculation it might be Mercy Lebeau.

Also, time travel is not off the table. Check out the Gambit thread. spoilers:
    Sounds like Chris Potter might have spoiled it.
    end of spoilers
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

I love Chris Potter for knowing we were all dying of anticipation and throwing us a bone. That's why he's the OG Gambit.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Well dang ... I fall off the face of the Earth for a few days and missed all the discussion.

spoilers:

Now I know everyone is all hot and bothered for Deathbit to happen. I hate that storyline with the fire of a thousand suns, so I'm really hoping that's not it. It's still better than permanent death, but I hate it. But yeah, it would track if they have some way to resurrect the dead. The sucky thing about Deathbit is that it happened WAY post Morrison and is way more modern material than I thought they were going this season

end of spoilers

Anyway getting more and more excited for Uncanny in August as we see more reveals and hear more from Gail.
    spoilers:
    They were pretty modern with the Hellfire Gala.

'Blood of Apocalypse' was the worst Gambit (and Romy) storyline of all time, BUT! I remember at the time the potential of Deathbit and the emotional payoff it could have if Rogue saves him. They wouldn't give him fart powers, ep 5 is proof enough that the writers would come up with something creative
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    There's speculation it might be Mercy Lebeau.

Also, time travel is not off the table. Check out the Gambit thread. spoilers:
    Sounds like Chris Potter might have spoiled it.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I've been rewatching the original series with my husband, who hasn't seen it. Aurora is one of the mutants that Gambit saves on Genosha when they are all held captive, so she may be there as a tribute to that.

But I also am inclined to think it's Mystique there to see Rogue, who then doesn't show up.
    end of spoilers

One thing less to worry about

I'm glad to hear that, no needless drama.
    You can tell many stories without falling into that, I'm looking forward to this book more and more every day.

It's a perfect team-up to bring back the found family that the X-men should have always been.

Spectacular Member

yea Chris Potter and some of the X actors were doing an x-panel in Calgary yesterday, wished someone uploaded or gave us a report online. There were some snippets including how he hated Gambit died!
    and no reason why he wasn't returning to do Gambit's voice, but that Disney said, "No you are gonna someone else, Cable"

If they were to do an Apocalypse/Horsemen storyline, I think we would get something superior to what we got in the comics. Better look, better powers, better story. Not hard to do. I'm not against the idea of Deathbit, but how they portrayed him in the comics was terrible. It had a lot of potential and they screwed it up.

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    spoilers:
    I've been rewatching the original series with my husband, who hasn't seen it. Aurora is one of the mutants that Gambit saves on Genosha when they are all held captive, so she may be there as a tribute to that.

But I also am inclined to think it's Mystique there to see Rogue, who then doesn't show up.
    end of spoilers
    Oh. Good catch. When I saw it might be Aurora, I kind of just rolled my eyes thinking, "so all of the mutants of French-Canadian descent know each other, huh?" Mercy made sense to me, but no one confirmed who it was, so any guess is a good guess, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    One thing less to worry about
    I haven't been this interested/excited for a book since MMX, I think? Awesome.

So, here’s something interesting:

In Beyond Good and Evil Pt. 1 in season 4 of XTAS, Scott and Jean have their second (but first legitimate) wedding. Rogue actually catches the bouquet, but states that it won’t do her much good. Fast forward to X-men ’97 episode 5, where Kurt suggests Gambit propose to Rogue. I have a hard time believing that this latter event isn’t a call back to the first. Maybe it’s a bit of foreshadowing? I really do believe that, if/when Gambit returns, there will be a proposal at some point. Why bring up marriage out of the blue like that?

If they decide to do an adaptation of the X-men Gold story, perhaps, instead of Kitty of Colossus, it’s Scott and Jean renewing their vows (since they don’t know when Maddie and Jean were swapped), but one of them backs out, Remy pops the question to Rogue and Nightcrawler officiates? Fun thought.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

yea Chris Potter and some of the X actors were doing an x-panel in Calgary yesterday, wished someone uploaded or gave us a report online. There were some snippets including how he hated Gambit died!
    and no reason why he wasn't returning to do Gambit's voice, but that Disney said, "No you are gonna someone else, Cable"
    He auditioned for Gambit, but they found that his voice sounded too old. I think he could've pulled it off as Gambit and played 2 characters. Jean Grey's original voice actress played many characters in XTAS.

Potter's Gambit had a very mature voice which I loved, almost hypnotic. Very deep. I like AJ, I really do, but no one can top Chris Potter, he IS the voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post

So, here’s something interesting:

In Beyond Good and Evil Pt. 1 in season 4 of XTAS, Scott and Jean have their second (but first legitimate) wedding. Rogue actually catches the bouquet, but states that it won’t do her much good. Fast forward to X-men ’97 episode 5, where Kurt suggests Gambit propose to Rogue. I have a hard time believing that this latter event isn’t a call back to the first. Maybe it’s a bit of foreshadowing? I really do believe that, if/when Gambit returns, there will be a proposal at some point. Why bring up marriage out of the blue like that?

If they decide to do an adaptation of the X-men Gold story, perhaps, instead of Kitty of Colossus, it’s Scott and Jean renewing their vows (since they don’t know when Maddie and Jean were swapped), but one of them backs out, Remy pops the question to Rogue and Nightcrawler officiates? Fun thought.
    Kurt suggesting Remy to marry Rogue sounds like foreshadowing to me, don't know when though. We need to get our boy back first...