Page 48 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Maybe that's because it hasn't ended yet. We'll see.

That said, I think people should tame their expectations. If Gambit is ever returning, I don't think it's happening this season. Maybe a teaser in the finale to let us hanging and hopeful.
    Normally I'd agree, but so much is happening in each episode I wouldn't be surprised if Gambit's resurrected as an Apocalyptic horseman and turned back to human again by the finale. I'd be surprised if Moira stayed dead as well.

The big thing for me is keeping memories intact, especially Rogue's. I don't want to see her go through all this just so it will be erased. We're going to get some sort of reset, I'm just not sure how far they will go. Whatever route they take, it will wrap up this season. The show only has so many seasons to play with so they would want to move on to other stuff in S2. In Romy's case, I can't see them wanting to drag out becoming official for two or three seasons. They are going to want to move on to other stories or focus on other characters. The most likely scenario would be to wrap up their story this season then let them chill in S2 to allow other characters to have the spotlight.

Cable messing with the timeline sounds like the path they're taking. In his attempts to fix Genosha, he could have made things worse. Maybe Gambit was never meant to die on Genosha, and as Sparta was hinting at, the Gala should have played out much differently. It could very well be that Cable needs to find the best route to allow this event to happen while saving as many as possible, which is Purplevit's idea. I do think Maddie has a key role to play. Either on a grand scale or maybe just Rogue/Gambit related. Rogue did deliver Nate and Maddie could have an increased desire to make sure Rogue/Gambit's relationship flourishes since her and Scott are done.

Maybe the team splits up between the past and present during the finale with Jean and Maddie connecting between the two, paving a way for everyone to hold onto their memories.
    Last edited by Zin Magala; 04-14-2024 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    Cable and time-travel is the most logical choice for me. That might also involve Maddie (and Jean?). I'm not an expert on Jean's powers but maybe somehow she can time travel with Cable and contact Maddie at the gala? Maddie had visons of the genocide in ep 1, and as the music was playing both Maddie and Jean's powers were triggered and suffered nose bleeds, I assume they'd have to work together on this. There are little details as well, Maddie's short interaction with Remy at the bar before the dance, is there more to it? Will she warn Remy before he exits the gala?

Why is Rogue wearing her first date red dress (with Gambit from the comics) and dancing with the wrong man whilst wearing it? Beau DeMayo seems to want to remind the audience (from his tweets) about the importance of Gambit not knowing that Rogue chose him instead of Magneto before he died, if he had known about how Rogue truly felt, would he seek another alternative to defeat the Wild Sentinel knowing that he has something to live for? It's a tough one because regardless of Rogue's feelings he'd still need to put his life on the line to save Nightcrawler and co from getting disintegrated. Maybe this time Nightcrawler (who was a witness) teleports Gambit to the Wild Sentinel and charges it up, then teleports him back to safety? I'm mentioning Nightcrawler because he's in more episodes this season.

Rogue's guilt will factor heavily in this. Claremont's version of Rogue in X-Treme X-Men would go to great lengths to save Gambit. What Lenore was quoting in her tweet was the issue where Rogue pulls Remy out from the afterlife, personally I don't think it'll literally play that way, but her determination would. Now I'm not sure if she joins Cable in time-travel, but Cable might give her that warning that Remy's (and everyone else's) life is in danger at the gala. That said, her dance with Magneto is key in regards to her choice, it's when she rejects Erik's proposal to be his queen and realizes that her love for Gambit is "deeper than skin". Really technically, it would be easier to have characters like Rogue and Nightcrawler join Cable in time-travel because they were there and know EXACTLY what transpired.

Quote Originally Posted by Zin Magala View Post
    The big thing for me is keeping memories intact, especially Rogue's. I don't want to see her go through all this just so it will be erased. We're going to get some sort of reset, I'm just not sure how far they will go. Whatever route they take, it will wrap up this season. The show only has so many seasons to play with so they would want to move on to other stuff in S2. In Romy's case, I can't see them wanting to drag out becoming official for two or three seasons. They are going to want to move on to other stories or focus on other characters. The most likely scenario would be to wrap up their story this season then let them chill in S2 to allow other characters to have the spotlight.

Cable messing with the timeline sounds like the path they're taking. In his attempts to fix Genosha, he could have made things worse. Maybe Gambit was never meant to die on Genosha, and as Sparta was hinting at, the Gala should have played out much differently. It could very well be that Cable needs to find the best route to allow this event to happen while saving as many as possible, which is Purplevit's idea. I do think Maddie has a key role to play. Either on a grand scale or maybe just Rogue/Gambit related. Rogue did deliver Nate and Maddie could have an increased desire to make sure Rogue/Gambit's relationship flourishes since her and Scott are done.

Maybe the team splits up between the past and present during the finale with Jean and Maddie connecting between the two, paving a way for everyone to hold onto their memories.
    Good points all around.

I'm still hung up on that power inhibitor gun Beast has and how it hasn't played into Rogue's story at all, which is odd. I want to believe that it's something that will come up in season 2. Rogue would need a reason to want to suppress her powers, so Remy's return would be pivotal.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

All-New Member

Cable and time-travel is the most logical choice for me. That might also involve Maddie (and Jean?). I'm not an expert on Jean's powers but maybe somehow she can time travel with Cable and contact Maddie at the gala? Maddie had visons of the genocide in ep 1, and as the music was playing both Maddie and Jean's powers were triggered and suffered nose bleeds, I assume they'd have to work together on this. There are little details as well, Maddie's short interaction with Remy at the bar before the dance, is there more to it? Will she warn Remy before he exits the gala?

Why is Rogue wearing her first date red dress (with Gambit from the comics) and dancing with the wrong man whilst wearing it? Beau DeMayo seems to want to remind the audience (from his tweets) about the importance of Gambit not knowing that Rogue chose him instead of Magneto before he died, if he had known about how Rogue truly felt, would he seek another alternative to defeat the Wild Sentinel knowing that he has something to live for? It's a tough one because regardless of Rogue's feelings he'd still need to put his life on the line to save Nightcrawler and co from getting disintegrated. Maybe this time Nightcrawler (who was a witness) teleports Gambit to the Wild Sentinel and charges it up, then teleports him back to safety? I'm mentioning Nightcrawler because he's in more episodes this season.

Rogue's guilt will factor heavily in this. Claremont's version of Rogue in X-Treme X-Men would go to great lengths to save Gambit. What Lenore was quoting in her tweet was the issue where Rogue pulls Remy out from the afterlife, personally I don't think it'll literally play that way, but her determination would. Now I'm not sure if she joins Cable in time-travel, but Cable might give her that warning that Remy's (and everyone else's) life is in danger at the gala. That said, her dance with Magneto is key in regards to her choice, it's when she rejects Erik's proposal to be his queen and realizes that her love for Gambit is "deeper than skin". Really technically, it would be easier to have characters like Rogue and Nightcrawler join Cable in time-travel because they were there and know EXACTLY what transpired.
    I will love to see this

I'm going to play the What If game again: in the latest '97 trailer, they show the scene where Mags is like, "We shall not live our days wondering if we could have saved more." What if there is a double meaning there? The meaning in the actual scene in episode 5, plus foreshadowing for potential time travelling to try to save as many mutants as they can? I might be reaching, but who knows?
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

I think one of the directors confirmed that Rogue's in this week's episode. There are those shots where she's fly kicking in the air and looking angry.

This is her landing at what looks to be where Gambit, Storm and Jubilee were taken to after they got captured in the episode 'Slave Island' in XTAS (this old episode gets referenced a LOT this season). It's almost the same aesthetic, and if you look at the 'Motendo' episode where Jubilee relives that moment, it has that similar look as well. Though it could be episode 7 where the X-Men are looking for Trask according to the synopsis. There are no shots of Rogue re-joining the X-Men as of yet, so her status is a mystery for now.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sparta; 04-15-2024 at 08:36 AM.

I think one of the directors confirmed that Rogue's in this week's episode. There are those shots where she's fly kicking in the air and looking angry.

This is her landing at what looks be where Gambit, Storm and Jubilee were taken to after they got captured in the episode 'Slave Island' in XTAS (this old episode gets referenced a LOT this season). It's almost the same aesthetic, and if you look at the 'Motendo' episode where Jubilee relives that moment, it has that similar look as well. Though it could be episode 7 where the X-Men are looking for Trask according to the synopsis. There are no shots of Rogue re-joining the X-Men as of yet, so her status is a mystery for now.
    Oh really? I guess I'll have to wake up early to watch it if Rogue will be in it (I was afraid it was going to be the Storm and Forge show with the only mention at the end, like, Storm finding out and saying she has to leave or something).

That clip is interesting, I must have missed it/forgotten about it. It is reminiscent of Genosha from the Slave Island episode. Where was Trask when the team fought his Sentinels at the beginning of the series? (Sidebar: I really do need to do a rewatch) I would be surprised if Trask were hiding on the island, though...
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    Oh really? I guess I'll have to wake up early to watch it if Rogue will be in it (I was afraid it was going to be the Storm and Forge show with the only mention at the end, like, Storm finding out and saying she has to leave or something).

That clip is interesting, I must have missed it/forgotten about it. It is reminiscent of Genosha from the Slave Island episode. Where was Trask when the team fought his Sentinels at the beginning of the series? (Sidebar: I really do need to do a rewatch) I would be surprised if Trask were hiding on the island, though...
    I don't think this week's ep will be entirely about Storm/Forge. It'll be split just like last time. Might get that funeral scene. Hopefully Storm will be there considering her history with Gambit, the timeline with Life/Death might line up with the Genosha attack because Storm had that cliff-hanger at the end of ep 4...so maybe she returns to the X-Men in time. The only Gambit content we'll be getting from now on is through Rogue, so we'll see what she does, hopefully some flashbacks.

I'm hoping for flashbacks and seeing the team grieve for the fallen and all of the emotional fallout from that, but I'm expecting to have to go through 20 minutes of Storm/Forge (A plot) and 8 minutes of grieving at the end (B plot). I'm being a pessimist right now, lol. I have zero interest in the Storm/Forge storyline TBH and wished they had skipped over the Jubilee part in ep 4 and crammed the whole Storm plot there instead. But they might surprise me and there might be enough in ep 6 to keep me interested. *shrugs* Time will tell.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

I would keep expectations low. Interviews over at IGN suggest it will be Storm only this week. I'm not sure what to believe but it looks like the rest of the season will take place on Genosha so wrapping up Storm's storyline so her and Forge can head there to join the rest of the team makes sense. At that point they can solely focus on Genosha with no breaks. I don't see Rogue leaving there any time soon and I'm sure the rest X-Men will be joining her to deal with the fallout. I think that funeral scene will be at the very end of the season because of that. The finale looks like it's going to be Bastion finishing what he started and trying to kill the survivors of Genosha. The X-Men along with survivors will defend the island while Cable tries to fix the timeline. When their backs are against the wall is when Cable arrives with the cavalry. It would be great if one of the episodes end with Gambit appearing out of nowhere to help Rogue and Nightcrawler, dropping his "Everyone can relax" line.

I'm starting to think that Genosha isn't a fixed point but Maddie's death is. It could explain why Cable keeps failing as all roads lead to Maddie's death and that's who is he focused on saving. They have the Dark Phoenix in the intro so it could be we can't have two Jeans exist in fear of that. It would also tie into Maddie's vision, it's either you or all these deaths. So the attack on Genosha is to make sure Maddie dies no matter what. I can see Maddie sacrificing herself so everyone else could live. That would mean the funeral is for her at the end of the season.
    Last edited by Zin Magala; 04-15-2024 at 07:45 AM.

I would keep expectations low. Interviews over at IGN suggest it will be Storm only this week. I'm not sure what to believe but it looks like the rest of the season will take place on Genosha so wrapping up Storm's storyline so her and Forge can head there to join the rest of the team makes sense. At that point they can solely focus on Genosha with no breaks. I don't see Rogue leaving there any time soon and I'm sure the rest X-Men will be joining her to deal with the fallout. I think that funeral scene will be at the very end of the season because of that. The finale looks like it's going to be Bastion finishing what he started and trying to kill the survivors of Genosha. The X-Men along with survivors will defend the island while Cable tries to fix the timeline. When their backs are against the wall is when Cable arrives with the cavalry. It would be great if one of the episodes end with Gambit appearing out of nowhere to help Rogue and Nightcrawler, dropping his "Everyone can relax" line.

I'm starting to think that Genosha isn't a fixed point but Maddie's death is. It could explain why Cable keeps failing as all roads lead to Maddie's death and that's who is he focused on saving. They have the Dark Phoenix in the intro so it could be we can't have two Jeans exist in fear of that. It would also tie into Maddie's vision, it's either you or all these deaths. So the attack on Genosha is to make sure Maddie dies no matter what. I can see Maddie sacrificing herself so everyone else could live. That would mean the funeral is for her at the end of the season.
    Good theory. Personally, I believe Maddie won't survive the season, so that casket may well be hers and it would make sense that it appear in the very last episode (or it could be Gambit's and I will be sad sad sad). They ended XTAS with Xavier's departure (viewed as a "death" in '97), so that would be a reference to that: ending the season with the departure of an important character.

I wonder what the season finale cliffhanger will be. Return of Xavier? Apocalypse? Something else?
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Foon4000 View Post
    Normally I'd agree, but so much is happening in each episode I wouldn't be surprised if Gambit's resurrected as an Apocalyptic horseman and turned back to human again by the finale. I'd be surprised if Moira stayed dead as well.
    Exactly. They've been rushing through some of these storylines, so I wouldn't be surprised if they did the same for Gambit

This is what I'm thinking as well. The writers have already been planting seeds of characters leaving the team, I.e. Cyclops and Jean/Maddie. Gambit and Rogue could leave to have their Valle Soleada time away after all they've been through
    Make Good Art

This is a really good theory. Cable trying to fix the timeline could take place in the 3-part finale, initially I was thinking ep 7 "Bright Eyes".

Bishop was also talking about how time-travel works in ep 3 with Cyclops, and mentioned he "knew a guy" (Forge from the future), so I think this is where 1997 Forge comes into it, one of the important reasons why Life/Death is being adapted this season.
    Last edited by Sparta; 04-15-2024 at 08:34 AM.

This is a really good theory. Cable trying to fix the timeline could take place in the 3-part finale, initially I was thinking ep 7 "Bright Eyes".

Bishop was also talking about how time-travel works in ep 3 with Cyclops, and mentioned he "knew a guy" (Forge from the future), so I think this is where 1997 Forge comes into it, one of the important reasons why Life/Death is being adapted this season.
    It could all happen in "Bright Eyes" as well. Cable fixes the timeline in 7 and Bastion attacks Genosha again in the finale in response to all his work being undone. I think it comes down to how long they want to focus on Rogue's growth. At very the least I can see them throwing Rogue some hope at the end of the episode, making way for Gambit's return in 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    This is what I'm thinking as well. The writers have already been planting seeds of characters leaving the team, I.e. Cyclops and Jean/Maddie. Gambit and Rogue could leave to have their Valle Soleada time away after all they've been through
    Now I got marriage on the brain again. lol