Page 33 of 65 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member CamilleMoineau's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ilargi View Post
    They know perfectly well how to provoke us and keep us hooked.
    But I want some action now!
    Wish they'd quit it and give us some genuine Romy stuff--I predict we'll get stuff next week and in the final ep when comes to her damn senses. Seriously, how Remy is even jealous doesn't make that much sense just based alone on the fact that Erik's other power is the ability to suck the joy and air out of any room he enters.
    “Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

I'll reserve judgement until next week on Rogue and Gambit's storyline.

But this triangle, so far it's the only thing they've got in terms of character development. Gambit's still reactive and mopey, and Rogue is just stagnant (in the last 2 eps). But they're going to get some good action sequences next week, I'm sure it'll deliver in that department. With Gambit holding the queen of hearts next week in front of Rogue tells me they're finally going to communicate.

The episode was fine (though it had it's faults) Jubilee does deserve some spotlight and Storm does have one of her classic storylines adapted. Though the pacing is still too fast at times.
    Last edited by Sparta; 04-03-2024 at 04:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CamilleMoineau View Post
    Wish they'd quit it and give us some genuine Romy stuff--I predict we'll get stuff next week and in the final ep when comes to her damn senses. Seriously, how Remy is even jealous doesn't make that much sense just based alone on the fact that Erik's other power is the ability to suck the joy and air out of any room he enters.
    I think controlling Magnetism is his secondary mutation in fact. Lol.

He would be happy in a funeral home

Y'ALL. Rewatching the scene I just realized
    spoilers:
    REMY USED THE FIRST PERSON. FINALLY
    end of spoilers
    A small thing, but it's something.
    “Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Next episode's synopsis describes that select members of the team head to Genosha to be honorees. So that's probably why Gambit's dressed in a white suit.

Well, I'm hoping that shot of a bloodied Gambit in a torn white suit is attacking Sentinels...and not Rogue .

Stap with the Mags hate. we all know Rogneto 97's as the same of 616Rogneto Will not be AOARogneto (That was precious)

Lets be grateful that Rogue and Remy will be leading the Uncanny Xmen title for the first time in YEARS. the New Jott or Scemma is Romy.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Stap with the Mags hate. we all know Rogneto 97's as the same of 616Rogneto Will not be AOARogneto (That was precious.)
    Nah, sorry. We're free to hate on a Perverted Old Man who had a relationship with a f****** TEENAGER and that awful later idiotic fling. Nothing about AoA was "precious", lol

Quote Originally Posted by CamilleMoineau View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilargi View Post
    I think controlling Magnetism is his secondary mutation in fact. Lol.

He would be happy in a funeral home
    You guys! I am rolling! XD

“My parents perished!”
    Everyone else: ”Uhm, samsies?” “Oh not me, I was abandoned!” “Mine threw me out!” And yet no one else is a killjoy. Well, except Wolvie sometimes.

Cute episode. They could have easily conveyed more time had passed with Forge/Storm living together and that would fix my only complaint. I was not expecting that bad guy at all. Great amount of scariness, they do such a good job of that.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Stap with the Mags hate. we all know Rogneto 97's as the same of 616Rogneto Will not be AOARogneto (That was precious)

Lets be grateful that Rogue and Remy will be leading the Uncanny Xmen title for the first time in YEARS. the New Jott or Scemma is Romy.
    I wonder who is closest to Rogue these days, Logan or Erik? I would probably say Erik. I think KT handled it the best way in Mr&Mrs X when Magneto has a talk with Rogue. In that sense it’s weird that Rogue never had a scene with Erik since then. For him it’s been Xavier and the Storm. For Rogue it’s been wallpaper city, also known as the largest and most populous city on Krakoa.

In the cartoon is either exactly what we see or a ruse. Does he desire romance? We know Rogue does and Gambit has his heart set on her. I am bored of any squabble between Remy and Erik because it hasn’t been done in an exciting way. It’s like Tini had Apocalypse manhandle Gambit in Excalibur. It was just layers of: Why?.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    You guys! I am rolling! XD

“My parents perished!”
    Everyone else: ”Uhm, samsies?” “Oh not me, I was abandoned!” “Mine threw me out!” And yet no one else is a killjoy. Well, except Wolvie sometimes.

Cute episode. They could have easily conveyed more time had passed with Forge/Storm living together and that would fix my only complaint. I was not expecting that bad guy at all. Great amount of scariness, they do such a good job of that.
    Lol, true, like 3/4 of the X-men are orphaned or abandoned.

Well, I'm glad I didn't wake up earlier to watch this episode. I found it kind of...boring? Which is surprising because (despite my critiques) I have found every episode fun to watch on some level.

spoilers:
    Mojo's Motendo kind of fell flat for me. I think his "world" works best with a larger team caught in his "shows". Not enough parody or satire in it to make it amusing or funny. Just meh.

How long has Storm been away?! Forge is about ready to propose or something, LOL. Madness. Was that Shadow King at the end?

So, Rogue is so completely oblivious to Remy's jealousy that it convinces me nothing is going on (though kudos to Gambit for not sulking over it too much, it could have played worse). I am a tad bitter that the Storm/Forge pairing has gotten more airtime in one episode than Romy in four. On the bright side, Remy has discovered the use of first-person singular. I did find AJ's voicing to be more natural in this episode. He was kind of overdoing it in previous episodes, I thought.
    end of spoilers

Now the wait for episode 5. I think it's going to be the one we've been waiting for.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

So far of the 4 episodes, this one was a little slow for me and the split down the middle in the two plots left the episode feeling rather disjointed.

As much as I adore Jubilee, Mojo world is never my favorite theme. I'd have liked more time to let the Storm and Forge plot breath tbh.

But overall I still really am enjoying the show. I can't believe all the romance we're getting, yet the one I really want to see continues at the slowest of burns! I suppose that will make the payoff all the sweeter. Also, did y'all catch that photo Easter egg in Lifedeath that lends credence to the Operation Zero Tolerance plot theory? Look really close.

Now that opening scene! It's short but SO telling.

Despite the way things are going, Remy keeps trying to maintain his status quo repertoire with Rogue and pretend nothing is wrong. The coffee was a perfect tiny little plot point to demonstrate the tension, with Mags taking up some of the time and space Remy previously had with Rogue.

Though I support the claim that Rogue takes a large amount of sugar (and cream) in her coffee, if you take a moment to read her body language in this scene, it's worth observing that her body is turned more towards Remy and she looks very sad or uncomfortable when the spoons deliver her sugar.

I'm also pleased to see Remy try to play off his frustration by making the cappuccino joke. Much more subtle and strategic and none of the stupid hotheaded stuff we got in some poorer comics.

Mags remains stern, humorless and authoritative throughout the scene. Rogue seems to be trying to play the peacemaker in the middle, keeping the team (her family) together. But none of them are really enjoying the new leadership. Talk about a buzzkill!

The team seems to be slowly fracturing, as now we know Scott is having troubles with controlling his powers.

Very ready for Episode 5 next week!
    Last edited by AppleJ; 04-03-2024 at 06:51 PM.

Ep 5 really has a lot going for it. The Nightcrawler reunion, Kurt fighting alongside Remy, Rogue's action sequence in Genosha (the fly kick shot), Nightcrawler and Wolverine teaming up against the Sentinels, berzerker rage Gambit in a white suit...and an actual conversation between Rogue and Gambit.

The action parts will deliver and hopefully the emotional beats as well. My only concern is character-assassination, hoping Gambit doesn't do anything stupid (as long as it's heroic) and whatever Rogue did in the past in her Brotherhood days is something that's forgivable and doesn't put her at odds against her teammates. Rogue and Gambit's conversation will not be all pleasant, but it has to be done otherwise these annoying awkward "breakfast scenes" are going to drag on for another 5 episodes, so lets rip the band-aid off. IMO, I don't think this episode's going to end well for them, I think this will be the emotional (and maybe physical) low point for both characters, but I think they'll start picking up the pieces in the second half of this season. I do think they go MIA though, because neither of them show up in any of the previews/screenshots of the episodes that follow so far.

I think that Gambit in a white suit is not ep 5 but will see.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    Ep 5 really has a lot going for it. The Nightcrawler reunion, Kurt fighting alongside Remy, Rogue's action sequence in Genosha (the fly kick shot), Nightcrawler and Wolverine teaming up against the Sentinels, berzerker rage Gambit in a white suit...and an actual conversation between Rogue and Gambit.

The action parts will deliver and hopefully the emotional beats as well. My only concern is character-assassination, hoping Gambit doesn't do anything stupid (as long as it's heroic) and whatever Rogue did in the past in her Brotherhood days is something that's forgivable and doesn't put her at odds against her teammates. Rogue and Gambit's conversation will not be all pleasant, but it has to be done otherwise these annoying awkward "breakfast scenes" are going to drag on for another 5 episodes, so lets rip the band-aid off. IMO, I don't think this episode's going to end well for them, I think this will be the emotional (and maybe physical) low point for both characters, but I think they'll start picking up the pieces in the second half of this season. I do think they go MIA though, because neither of them show up in any of the previews/screenshots of the episodes that follow so far.
    I'm more stoked for actual conversation between these two than action. The little comments and glances are getting old fast.