Page 21 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

my romy heart is broken right now, I didn't expect this betrayal. Lol

X Gon' Give It to Ya Dum Dum Dugan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I wasn't surprised. Lenore Zann hinted about it in some interview 2 years ago, I think. I definetely remeber how we spoke about it at GG and people were dissapointed.

The truth is that I don`t want or need such kind of journey to get happy Romy in the end. DeMayo chose the worst path.
    What did Zann say?

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    I think there'll be a nice pay-off to Romy by the season's end. They've always been THE couple from TAS.

We'll see.
    I think you're right. It just really hurts to relive it. But honestly anything worth having means it might be difficult or painful. Hmmm ... did I just stumble into something meta?

Quote Originally Posted by Duckie View Post
    In my headcannon this is why he really got fired.

No one can convince me otherwise.
    Second it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dum Dum Dugan View Post
    What did Zann say?
    I don't remeber exactly. spoilers:
    Question was about Rogue and different pairings or true love.
    Zann answered something that Rogue needs to choose between Mags and Remy and you need to see whom she will choose. Something like this.
    end of spoilers

I think we'll eventually get what we want, the question is: how long do we have to wait (and how much do we have to put up with)? Ugh. Barf.

I hated Gambit's first outfit. Yikes. I also didn't like what happened with Storm.

Like, WTH Marvel.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

I’d guess this will be the story for Romy for the first season until Magneto does something bad. From what I remember from the animated series it’s a bit jarring for this to happen, makes me want them to completely split tbh

I'm trying to remember if there were subtle hints of it in TAS. Ugh. I can't believe they're adapting the one story I hate the most from the comics. As if her powers alone weren't enough to supply some angst/melodrama to the story. So disappointed. At least Gambit looked GOOD in costume. I just wish they had given him a haircut (still with the pony tail? Really?).

The animation was otherwise great. The fight scenes in particular were stellar. God, I love Sentinels, lol.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by CityofAngels View Post
    I’d guess this will be the story for Romy for the first season until Magneto does something bad. From what I remember from the animated series it’s a bit jarring for this to happen, makes me want them to completely split tbh
    I hope not.
    Rogue should be with Gambit because she wants to be exactly with Gambit.

If Rogue can't be with Mags because he does something bad so she choses to be with Gambit then NO.
    It is not the way normal and healthy relationship should be done.

I am really dissapointed that we got new triangle as the main plot for Gambit and Rogue.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 03-20-2024 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    I think we'll eventually get what we want, the question is: how long do we have to wait (and how much do we have to put up with)? Ugh. Barf.

I hated Gambit's first outfit. Yikes. I also didn't like what happened with Storm.

Like, WTH Marvel.
    I hated his first outfit too. Reminded me bad Excalibur times.
    Also Remy's ponytail needs to go.

First episode had some good stuff but second killed kinda our small Christmas for me.

Now all hope on Gail/Marquez and Tatum's cameo for me.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 03-20-2024 at 05:04 PM.

I liked Gambit’s outfit, hair, voice, uniform all of it! He’s perfection! He is so sweet, taking Rogue by the hand up to the catwalk.

So she has some backstory she doesn’t want people to know about re:Mags. I don’t really care, I’m only invested in not having Gambit behave like a complete dipshirt with jealousy then act out in a fabulously stupid manner - though that definitely is in his comic character’s chemistry.

Still looking forward to the rest of the season.

I had low-key anxiety after I saw Remy's first outfit, like, will the writers make a joke out of him? Ugh. Not good feelings. I really wanted to love this show and I still like parts of it, just not everything about it.
    Last edited by Nox Noctes; 03-20-2024 at 05:11 PM.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    I liked Gambit’s outfit, hair, voice, uniform all of it! He’s perfection! He is so sweet, taking Rogue by the hand up to the catwalk.

So she has some backstory she doesn’t want people to know about re:Mags. I don’t really care, I’m only invested in not having Gambit behave like a complete dipshirt with jealousy then act out in a fabulously stupid manner - though that definitely is in his comic character’s chemistry.

I am glad that you liked all of it, my friend
    I like new voice a lot too and Gambit in battle costume and action looks great.

I really liked how Remy and Logan understood each other in club scene and at Master Mold attack without words.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post

Just did a rewatch and liked it even better the second time. Honestly I normally like Remy a tad more cleaned up, but I loved them embracing his early 90s fashion disaster energy here with the crop top. Yes I kinda want to snip off the pony tail, but it was his thing back then and I don't know ... that with cooking the beignets for breakfast was just chefs kiss.

And I noticed Rogue is always in his proximity and even though covered up there's a lot of touching, hanging on his shoulder, the little tummy bop, and that nightclub scene.

Rogue is so focused on what she can't have looking into that crowd, she's totally oblivious to the one man that has eyes only for her. He is turned completely toward her with his drink. But those intense looks they exchange after his comment to her that "Any worthwhile man would suffer your hand in a dance." There's a lot to that scene.

It's especially difficult going from OUR Rogue and Gambit who are now well past all this, back here. This Rogue still has a lot to realize at this point. And Gambit also needs to stand up for himself a bit and show his worth. And I can understand why some wouldn't want to retread some of this. We had some trying times as fans.

I'm still really eager to see this all play out because I think the payoff will be worthwhile and I'm loving the rest of the show as well. I do think we are going to see the team break a bit here at the beginning, if only to see them come back together at the end of the season. Romy's situation is part of that breaking.

I'm not sure I could be much more pleased with the action sequences. Really happy with the new voice actors, even our new Gambit. X-Cutioner was well done. Oh man, and LOVED seeing Rogue deliver baby Nathan using her powers. Like yes all the smashing was awesome, but this was just very cool and meaningful.

Spectacular Member CamilleMoineau's Avatar

As bummed as I was about those parts in the second ep, I don't think I mentioned stuff I loved/liked with them.

LOVED
    As Jacki mentioned, how Rogue is always in his proximity.
    The nightclub scene--that was just so sweet! He was real a gentleman! (Even though when they're staring in each other's eyes, his right eyebrow is way longer than it should be, which is irritating.)
    His voice--It's different from Chris', but not so markedly that it's a distraction--definitely not Tony Daniels Jr. And I didn't notice any inconsistency accent-wise, but I might be wrong.
    That cutoff shirt--I think it's hilarious because it's so early-'90s terrible.
    The sound quality and animation. Liked that, say, the radio in the kitchen sounds more natural as he's making those delicious beignets. And I love his "I'm not on the clock, don't contact me" attitude--same Remy, same.
    I didn't notice any cheesy one-liners! For fighting, no card puns!
    His "other power"

LIKED
    His little smirk after getting the wind knocked out of him.
    Him and Rogue kicking ass. "Liked" because visually fight scenes are hard for me to follow.

WANTS
    For this situation to not turn out as bad as I fear.
    THE BASKETBALL GAME. THEY WERE ALREADY LOOKING ICONIC, DAMMIT.
    A nice, heartfelt, serious convo at one point. TALK. I don't need the BS non-communication we had to suffer through for so long.
    A first date, at least. Please?

MINOR ANNOYANCES
    Bless Lenore for trying, but sometimes she does come off as sounding her age imo.
    Her multiple expressions are a little much--though I liked the cat references in That Scene--I say it's forshadowing the furbabies and I won't be dissuaded!

It's going to be hard, but I'm trying to keep in mind that this may be similar, but ultimately, it's a separate canon from the source.
    “Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds