Page 20 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member CamilleMoineau's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    spoilers:
    Man that moment made my heart sink so hard. The MOMENT she calls him Erik and Gambit has that look. And then the hurt in his eyes when he drops the card. !@#$ I hate that we ha e to re-live this! Trying to take solace in the other moments we were shown. Romy making beignets TOGETHER and Rogue defending him from Scott's complaining. All the times she touches him and hangs on him, elbows him during the basketball game. Them stealing off together in the nightclub and his comment to her about a worthy man and the look she gives him. But I'm trying hard to remind myself that this Rogue hasn't said to Remy or admitted to anyone that she loves him. Her actions say it, over and over throughout XTAS. But only Remy has said "I love you". We need to see Rogue choose Remy, despite the fact that baggy Mags can offer the easier path to what she thinks she wants. I 100% think we will see this play out as it does in comics in that Rogue will need to realize she doesn't align with or love Mags. And we probably are going to have to see Remy set Rogue free first for her to make that decision. Because love means wanting what is best for that other person even if it takes you out of the equation. I think it's gonna be a long difficult season (or two) for us Romy fans, but I'm trying to trust that Beau called them the OTP for a reason and will stay true to the comics, in which Rogue has only told ONE man that she loved him ever.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    All that is true, and yet, I gotta Feel My Feelings for now and write a fic where he goes to karaoke and does a fine version of To Make You Feel My Love.
    end of spoilers
    “Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Duckie View Post
    In my headcannon this is why he really got fired.

No one can convince me otherwise.
    Same here!
    “Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Fantastic Member

I dunno about you guys but this has me hoping for a different outcome.

spoilers:
    Sad Gambit at the end? Time to make a dumb decision. Bring on Deathbit. I have high hopes he'd get yet another set of superpowers because nobody can ever decide what his powers should be.
    end of spoilers

Love Triangle: The Animated Series, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by CamilleMoineau View Post
    spoilers:
    All that is true, and yet, I gotta Feel My Feelings for now and write a fic where he goes to karaoke and does a fine version of To Make You Feel My Love.
    end of spoilers
    Haha! Absolutely! And I will definitely read that. Going to need LOTS of fanfic to survive this.

Too bad Beau nuked his social media, now I don't have anywhere to send my therapy bill to.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I wasn't surprised. Lenore Zann hinted about it in some interview 2 years ago, I think. I definetely remeber how we spoke about it at GG and people were dissapointed.

The truth is that I don`t want or need such kind of journey to get happy Romy in the end. DeMayo chose the worst path.
    Yeah, I kinda saw this coming 2 years ago, when Lenore gave that subtle hint in that interview.

Overall I thought both episodes were pretty good...

spoilers:
    My gut feeling says Rogue will end up with Gambit judging by Beau's interviews and Lenore constantly championing them.
    I understand that they need to go through these obstacles, and I understand the drama needed. Gambit/Rogue/Magneto isn't my personal preference, but here we are.
    I just hope it doesn't drag on and dominate their roles in this series.
    end of spoilers

We know about that Nightcrawler group hug scene. Rogue and Gambit looked happy...not sure what episode that is.
    The Romy stuff in the first ep was great though, the night club scene was awesome.
    Unfortunately we might lose a lot of that playfulness, but let's see how this plays out.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I wasn't surprised. Lenore Zann hinted about it in some interview 2 years ago, I think. I definetely remeber how we spoke about it at GG and people were dissapointed.

The truth is that I don`t want or need such kind of journey to get happy Romy in the end. DeMayo chose the worst path.
    Yeah, the worst. Notice how it wasn’t even hinted at in the promo, clips, they already have ‘proof’ from marvel that nobody likes it. I’m out, sorry, life’s to short for this crap, don’t want or need.

Astonishing Member

https://twitter.com/GailSimone/statu...35601885692339

In case for us who are worried about Remy fur babies.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    https://twitter.com/GailSimone/statu...35601885692339

In case for us who are worried about Remy fur babies.
    Zooming past spoilers for now….

Yay, she answered my question!

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    Zooming past spoilers for now….

Yay, she answered my question!
    I was actually really hoping she was going to answer your question more than any of the others tbh. Thanks for asking.

Just thought of something.

spoilers:
    At least this whole Rogneto crap happens before any Antarctica-like garbage or Remy's home and harbor speech. I realize these are small mercies, but still.
    I'm also wondering when the hell the previous relationship happened.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by CamilleMoineau View Post
    Just thought of something.

spoilers:
    At least this whole Rogneto crap happens before any Antarctica-like garbage or Remy's home and harbor speech. I realize these are small mercies, but still.
    I'm also wondering when the hell the previous relationship happened.
    end of spoilers
    Well, there was a whole year unaccounted for after Xavier's "assassination"... maybe we'll get an explanation through a flashback or something.

Having watched both episodes my recommendation is to watch the first and skip the second. Gambit has not many lines overall but he has more to do in the first episode. Much of Rogues scenes in second is with SPOILER. I don’t think Romy talk with each other in the second episode at all, just Remy saying something to her and she not responding.

I can appreciate the show but as a Romy fan it’s light content.

I think there'll be a nice pay-off to Romy by the season's end. They've always been THE couple from TAS.

We'll see.