Page 34 of 65 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I think that Gambit in a white suit is not ep 5 but will see.
    Maybe. But every episode's standalone, and fast paced. They'll fit all this stuff in one episode, I reckon. Ep 6 is about Storm/Forge but maybe not entirely, however, I don't think Rogue and Gambit will be in ep 6...but Wolverine returns to the X-Men after Genosha at some point, which leaves me to think that something happened to Rogue and Gambit over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckie View Post
    I'm more stoked for actual conversation between these two than action. The little comments and glances are getting old fast.
    Tell me about it.

Hello, long time lurker, even longer time Romy fan. I thought this would be the best time to come off the sidelines and join the conversation. I'm looking forward to talking about X-Men '97 and Uncanny X-Men with everyone.

It's finally our year. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Zin Magala View Post
    Hello, long time lurker, even longer time Romy fan. I thought this would be the best time to come off the sidelines and join the conversation. I'm looking forward to talking about X-Men '97 and Uncanny X-Men with everyone.

Welcome!! We are always happy to meet new Romy fans! hope you have fun on the forum!

Yeaah 2024 the Romy year!!

Wellco

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Welcome! I'm glad to see more Romy fans popping up this year!
    Make Good Art

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CamilleMoineau View Post
    Wish they'd quit it and give us some genuine Romy stuff--I predict we'll get stuff next week and in the final ep when comes to her damn senses. Seriously, how Remy is even jealous doesn't make that much sense just based alone on the fact that Erik's other power is the ability to suck the joy and air out of any room he enters.
    Right though? Keep him around for any potential fires because he is the wettest of blankets.

I am trying to be patient with Rogue and Gambit's characterization this season but it's becoming difficult. Rogue's had nothing to do and feels like she barely has any agency and I am scratching my head to figure out why Remy doesn't just leave the team. I don't see him taking orders from Magneto
    Make Good Art

Spectacular Member CamilleMoineau's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Right though? Keep him around for any potential fires because he is the wettest of blankets.

I am trying to be patient with Rogue and Gambit's characterization this season but it's becoming difficult. Rogue's had nothing to do and feels like she barely has any agency and I am scratching my head to figure out why Remy doesn't just leave the team. I don't see him taking orders from Magneto
    Yeah, I assume he's still there because of Rogue, I don't know.
    When I first heard about the larger main cast, I immediately got worried and thought of Lost, how a handful of characters got most of the attention while the characters I actually liked weren't given the attention they deserved, and how they suffered through bad plots and characterization. On the old fan forum, we called them the B-Team, and that's what this looks to be. Rogue has gotten more screen time than Gambit but it's fighting, her scenes with Erik, and delivering Nate. No interpersonal scenes with, say, Storm., while Gambit's gotten even less time--a little fighting, including the combo (his most memorable contribution, damned crop top aside), and of course all the Rogneto stuff, including its relation to his insecurities. No other meaningful interpersonal interactions yet.

*sigh*

They're working on season 3, and at the odd way this show paces things, it'll be X-Treme era, except Romy are only just now going on their carriage ride.
    “Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

I think Morph, Logan and especially Beast haven't had anything either.
    It's only been four episodes and the first was a bit of everyone, the second Magneto, the third "Jean" and Scott and the fourth Jubilee/Roberto and Storm/Forge.

I think they do what they can, maybe thinking they didn't know if they were going to renew for another season.

I think what "bothers" us is that Romy still haven't had an episode focused on them.
    But I'm sure this pacing will improve when we can watch the whole season in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post

I don't know why most of the team is just okay with Mags suddenly stepping in Xavier's shoes and ordering them around. I don't remember anyone other than Cyclops having a real fit over it (and rightly so).

I understand that they are juggling a large cast and want to explore some very specific stories within 10 episodes, but I'm still at a loss as to understand where Rogue's storyline is going. They haven't given us a hint since episode 2, I think? It's dragging on without seeding any real intrigue.

I hope the series gets more episodes in future seasons. They're cramming a bit too much and rushing through it.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Welcome to the thread!
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Spectacular Member CamilleMoineau's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ilargi View Post
    I think Morph, Logan and especially Beast haven't had anything either.
    It's only been four episodes and the first was a bit of everyone, the second Magneto, the third "Jean" and Scott and the fourth Jubilee/Roberto and Storm/Forge.

I think they do what they can, maybe thinking they didn't know if they were going to renew for another season.

I think what "bothers" us is that Romy still haven't had an episode focused on them.
    But I'm sure this pacing will improve when we can watch the whole season in a row.
    True. I'm impatient and the aforementioned pacing doesn't help. 🤞--Episode 5
    “Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Welcome, Zin! As they say, we hope you survive the X-perience! LOL No worries though, this thread is the happy place. One of us, one of us!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    I don't know why most of the team is just okay with Mags suddenly stepping in Xavier's shoes and ordering them around. I don't remember anyone other than Cyclops having a real fit over it (and rightly so).

I understand that they are juggling a large cast and want to explore some very specific stories within 10 episodes, but I'm still at a loss as to understand where Rogue's storyline is going. They haven't given us a hint since episode 2, I think? It's dragging on without seeding any real intrigue.

I hope the series gets more episodes in future seasons. They're cramming a bit too much and rushing through it.
    My read on it is that they aren't really that okay with it tbh. Rogue was the only positive voice at the original meeting. Most of them are going along with it, mostly because they probably don't think they have any other choice other than leaving. Haha been there, done that with a job or two. I had to leave a job I loved once where I was comfortable and my coworkers felt like family, but the leadership became unbearable. You just keep trying to compartmentalize until you can't anymore. The breakfast scene really showed us that the team isn't on the same page entirely with Mags approach. He thinks they're soldiers and doesn't get they're a family.

True. I'm impatient and the aforementioned pacing doesn't help. 🤞--Episode 5
    Still a shorter wait than monthly comics though and at least we've seen them each episode. Hopefully episode 5 is the full meal we need.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    My read on it is that they aren't really that okay with it tbh. Rogue was the only positive voice at the original meeting. Most of them are going along with it, mostly because they probably don't think they have any other choice other than leaving. Haha been there, done that with a job or two. I had to leave a job I loved once where I was comfortable and my coworkers felt like family, but the leadership became unbearable. You just keep trying to compartmentalize until you can't anymore. The breakfast scene really showed us that the team isn't on the same page entirely with Mags approach. He thinks they're soldiers and doesn't get they're a family.
    Every time he orders the X-men around, it just annoys me. I guess I want to see more obvious pushback, which isn't all that realistic in a 10-episode season. I like Magneto as a villain...and not anywhere near Rogue (never mind making her coffee).
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

All-New Member

Yeah, I assume he's still there because of Rogue, I don't know.
    When I first heard about the larger main cast, I immediately got worried and thought of Lost, how a handful of characters got most of the attention while the characters I actually liked weren't given the attention they deserved, and how they suffered through bad plots and characterization. On the old fan forum, we called them the B-Team, and that's what this looks to be. Rogue has gotten more screen time than Gambit but it's fighting, her scenes with Erik, and delivering Nate. No interpersonal scenes with, say, Storm., while Gambit's gotten even less time--a little fighting, including the combo (his most memorable contribution, damned crop top aside), and of course all the Rogneto stuff, including its relation to his insecurities. No other meaningful interpersonal interactions yet.

*sigh*

They're working on season 3, and at the odd way this show paces things, it'll be X-Treme era, except Romy are only just now going on their carriage ride.
    DeMayo said last year that Cyclops and Storm would be the main characters.

https://thedirect.com/article/x-men-...racters-reboot

I hope he was just talking about the first season and not the whole run of the show (however long it might be). Rogue delivering the baby was pretty amazing, but most of her screen time since then has somehow involved this weird relationship with Magneto that the original show never even hinted at. The most significant moment I remember was during Santuary Part 2 during Xavier's funeral for Eric where she said he wasn't the one she was thinking about right then. I miss her friendships with characters like Storm, Wolverine, and Beast. And I think Gambit used to talk to Wolverine pretty often in the original, but now Logan's time is most often spent pining after Jean, complaining about Cyclops, and his relationship with Morph.

At least Rogue and Remy's relationship seems to have progressed a little from what it was in the original. They come across as a little more committed and mature. After about three years time in universe going by Jubilee's age. She said she was fifteen during the Longshot episode (before correcting it to seventeen in front of him), and now she just turned eighteen. It's kind of annoying that Storm and Forge have moved so much faster in a much shorter period of time. I'm really looking forward to episode five, but I hope they won't disappear into the background for the rest of the season after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    I wonder who is closest to Rogue these days, Logan or Erik? I would probably say Erik. I think KT handled it the best way in Mr&Mrs X when Magneto has a talk with Rogue. In that sense it’s weird that Rogue never had a scene with Erik since then. For him it’s been Xavier and the Storm. For Rogue it’s been wallpaper city, also known as the largest and most populous city on Krakoa.
    I dunno, we didn't get a reaction from Rogue when Mags had his big emotional "death" a couple of years back. It's mainly been Storm. It's been about 12 years when Legacy ended, a lot's happened since.

In the cartoon is either exactly what we see or a ruse. Does he desire romance? We know Rogue does and Gambit has his heart set on her. I am bored of any squabble between Remy and Erik because it hasn’t been done in an exciting way. It’s like Tini had Apocalypse manhandle Gambit in Excalibur. It was just layers of: Why?.
    Partly a ruse, I think. I'm convinced that Magneto's just training her to control her powers in the Danger Room and they're not currently having an affair in this series, that's all in Gambit's head. It's her past relationship with Magneto that we're uncertain of, whether it had romantic undertones and how old she was at the time. She would've had to have been a teenager when Xavier called out to her in Rogue's origin story.

I think Magento will leave the X-Men after the attack in Genosha (Cyclops will be leader again). My guess is that Rogue's big decision is whether to join Magneto to rebuild a utopia for mutants in Genosha (or elsewhere) while offering his bare hand to help her control her powers (or have a relationship with him) ...while Gambit will offer his gloved hand to reunite with the X-Men. Sounds cliched I know, but it could lead to that.

The combination of X-Men '97 and the upcoming Simone book has made me excited about the X-Men again, so I am back. Krakoa was a very dry period for my interest in X-Men, and I had a pandemic baby near the start of it, but I am ready to be back on the Romy ship.

Anyway, enough about me! It looks like we might get a cute, bonus story in the Wedding Special. Rogue entrusts Gambit with the rings, and he gets in trouble as he does. He is a better person than me, because I would have charged those rings and launched them at my awful mothers in law.

https://aiptcomics.com/2024/04/04/x-...ing-special-1/