Page 36 of 66 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Magneto is acting like he knows what's best for everyone.

He sees the X-men as tools, him not wanting to celebrate a girl's 18th birthday is clear evidence.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was using Rogue as a weapon and training her to do that rather than helping her control her powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilargi View Post
    Magneto is acting like he knows what's best for everyone.

He sees the X-men as tools, him not wanting to celebrate a girl's 18th birthday is clear evidence.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was using Rogue as a weapon and training her to do that rather than helping her control her powers.
    That could be what he did with Rogue in the past. Whatever happened, she's obviously not proud of it.

Yeah, I could see maybe Rogue got tangled up in one of his schemes and maybe something went wrong and that's what she wants to hide from the X-Men. You'd think she'd be more frosty towards him, though. She's spending way too much time with him and it's both weird and suspicious (unless it's about her powers, of course, but who died and made him an expert?).

Magneto seems fixated on training, training, training for everyone. Does he know something bad is coming and wants to use the X-Men to protect Genosha or something? There are rumors of elements of E is for Extinction being mashed up with OZT.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

I think Magneto genuinely wants (and wanted) to help her with her powers. He probably mentored her in the past and she looked up to him. But his methods were wrong, he probably made her use her powers for the wrong reasons (just like Mystique). Remember Rogue wasn't a good person either at that time.

Yes, yes, and yes! These are all very good points and astute observations.

Funny enough, we hit on many of these same things when I jumped on my friend's Rogue & Gambit podcast, Bon Temps, last week: https://open.spotify.com/episode/4ul...S2iXxn7WVLfDwA

You might remember it from a couple years back. He's restarted it. Probably would love to have any of you on sometime!

Anyway, I think the writers are really going out of their way to show us how Magneto doesn't fully take into account the consent of others. He makes very authoritative arrogant decisions, assuming what he thinks is best and making assumptions based on past information. He moves the Morlocks to Genosha, assuming that is what they want. He takes ownership and authority over the X-Men like they are soldiers sworn to a regimen and cause rather than a haphazard family assembled by need and chance. He tries to remove Rogue's glove, presuming that if she wanted this in the past he still has that permission. This last episode made it so blatant, the way he gives Rogue her old order sugar without asking. Like y'all said, maybe she had already added what she wanted to her coffee. Or maybe her coffee preferences have changed! He doesn't ask. And while the team asks Jubilee what she wants to do on her birthday, Mags tells her what is best for her.

As far as Rogue being a "mascot", I'm starting to think it's more in the way she continues to try to be positive about the change in leadership and is desperately trying to keep the team together and everyone on board. She keeps trying to coach Mags on how to better approach the team. Honestly I think Rogue is just trying to keep her home and her family together and trying to see the best in everyone. But we keep catching her frowning. She's not happy about how it's going and maybe she doesn't even want to admit it to herself?

I think she believes the logical choice is to follow Xavier's wishes and embrace the powerful ally that Mags is and the man she can touch. Her empathetic nature makes her easily taken in. We saw it in TAS with archangel. She wants to give everyone the chance that she was given. But she knows it doesn't feel right the further they get into this.

I think Mags is pushing her to use her powers, just like Mystique. Because in the past when she worked with the Brotherhood she used them all the time. He might not care about her control as much, since he already provides himself as the solution to her touch limits.

I agree, Remy always asks her what she wants. I love how they are playing him right now and his struggle to see himself as a hero.

Super excited and super anxious for episode 5. I want to know where the comment that it would "break the internet" came from and what it MEANS. So many possibilities!

I just want to see Remy have a good showing and for them to have the conversation they need to have.

I have a feeling we might have to wait for the full payoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    I think Magneto genuinely wants (and wanted) to help her with her powers. He probably mentored her in the past and she looked up to him. But his methods were wrong, he probably made her use her powers for the wrong reasons (just like Mystique). Remember Rogue wasn't a good person either at that time.

During her stint with the Brotherhood, sure, but she's still frosty towards her actual mentor Mystique (though understandably so).

The writers have the opportunity to run two parallel stories: Storm who wants to keep her powers and loses them, and Rogue who would be tempted to rid herself of her powers... but we haven't seen that from Rogue yet. I hope things start to happen with Rogue during this second half of the season. I don't like seeing her playing office BFF with the new (and likely shady) "boss".
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Going back to episode 1, when the **** did Gambit install a commercial grade deep fryer in the kitchen? Did he wait a day for Xavier to be “dead” and install it during the night (better to ask for forgiveness than permission) or did maybe Xavier install it after the Christmas episode as a “yeah, Jean’s cooking is terrible, mistakes were made”?

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    Going back to episode 1, when the **** did Gambit install a commercial grade deep fryer in the kitchen? Did he wait a day for Xavier to be “dead” and install it during the night (better to ask for forgiveness than permission) or did maybe Xavier install it after the Christmas episode as a “yeah, Jean’s cooking is terrible, mistakes were made”?
    This is Gambit. I feel safe in saying that one day the team came down, and it was just THERE.

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    Peach!?!? Yay!!! The gang's all here!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    This is Gambit. I feel safe in saying that one day the team came down, and it was just THERE.
    LOL Yeah this is correct. And do we hear anyone complaining? ... other than Scott?

Astonishing Member

That could be what he did with Rogue in the past. Whatever happened, she's obviously not proud of it.
    Yeah, the worst thing she’s done in the comics or the cartoon was attacking Carol and everyone knows about that. So whatever the secret is, is something new…

"Gambit don't need permission from anybody." LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Yeah, the worst thing she’s done in the comics or the cartoon was attacking Carol and everyone knows about that. So whatever the secret is, is something new…
    Yeah, exactly. They have been plucking stories from the comics, but this might be something the writers made up? Ahhh, I can't wait until Wednesday!
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Spectacular Member CamilleMoineau's Avatar

I keep forgetting to say that something I like about the new show is from what little interaction we see between them, Remy's not teasing, he's pulling back and offering, giving her the choice to decide.
    “Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

The only Romy-heavy episode we've ever had was 'Cajun Spice' from X-Men Evolution. There's never really been one in XTAS.

Quote Originally Posted by CamilleMoineau View Post
    I keep forgetting to say that something I like about the new show is from what little interaction we see between them, Remy's not teasing, he's pulling back and offering, giving her the choice to decide.
    Yeah, the writers seem to be making an effort to make Remy less of a flirt. God love him but he could come on a little too strong sometimes in the original TAS (and the comics too, I guess). It's the thing that made some folks not like Gambit. It never bothered me because the power dynamic between the two is swapped: she's the one who is physically stronger and could put a stop to it (but it's clear she welcomes his attention, despite being annoyed sometimes).

The only Romy-heavy episode we've ever had was 'Cajun Spice' from X-Men Evolution. There's never really been one in XTAS.
    True. We have lived off morsels. Plus Evolution felt a little wrong since he looked older. I did not like that cartoon...
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    Yeah, the writers seem to be making an effort to make Remy less of a flirt. God love him but he could come on a little too strong sometimes in the original TAS (and the comics too, I guess). It's the thing that made some folks not like Gambit. It never bothered me because the power dynamic between the two is swapped: she's the one who is physically stronger and could put a stop to it (but it's clear she welcomes his attention, despite being annoyed sometimes).

True. We have lived off morsels. Plus Evolution felt a little wrong since he looked older. I did not like that cartoon...
    It never bothered me too because of this. It was like he tried to get the lion to jump through the hoop with just using his words. The lion has all the power, all Remy has is confidence. Rogue could literally fly away, or flick him away with her finger. Whatever happens only happens because she allows it. She is not a character who has troubles with saying no, her powers have forced her to learn that the hard way.