Page 2 of 63 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

what would you most like to see happen this year for Rogue and Gambit?
    Honestly, what I would really like is to not go through each month fearing that they are going to break or that they are going to be horribly portrayed.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    I asked KT about potential kids and she made her views pretty clear on the subject: No. So It seems kids never were a plot point.
    Which is fine. But bringing it up the way Tini did, it seemed like it was going to be a plot point. And then nothing happened. So, it just seemed like an unnecessary part of the comic that could have been used doing something else.
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Which is fine. But bringing it up the way Tini did, it seemed like it was going to be a plot point. And then nothing happened. So, it just seemed like an unnecessary part of the comic that could have been used doing something else.
    That was my impression too. I guess it was just a statement Tini made.

On another note: FothX only had one panel of Romy. The one we saw in the previews. So don't buy it for Romy-reasons.

Where is Emma & Tony? I thought this was Mr. & Mrs. X thread????

I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post

I think they should be called Mr and Ms AX or XA. Since Tony has never been part of the X.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    On another note: FothX only had one panel of Romy. The one we saw in the previews. So don't buy it for Romy-reasons.
    Good to know, I'm avoiding Duggan's books like the plague anymore anyways lol

Don't you bring that poison into this thread
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Ilargi View Post
    Honestly, what I would really like is to not go through each month fearing that they are going to break or that they are going to be horribly portrayed.
    Setting the low bar, I see.

7 more months of Duggan, let’s hope he keeps himself busy with Kitty and Emma.

I love your guys’ ideas about mentoring a team and love the aforementioned lineup - what potential! Totally on brand for them to take up the Mutant Misfits. I know I’m long over Rogue with the stick-in-the-mud persona. What a joyless existence.

It was Howard using the character to soapbox her own ideas. It had nothing to do with either character, the whole series was about one person - the writer.

I’m hopeful to get away from Creatives showcasing their own views/causes/‘ground-breaking’ ideas using well-loved and known characters as their empty puppets with little regard for previous history or relationships.

Yer killing’ me, Smalls.

Good to know, I'm avoiding Duggan's books like the plague anymore anyways lol

Don't you bring that poison into this thread
    lol, it was great, i laffed.

In the New Year I want Gambit and Rogue to bring the sexy back. Be sexy, lose clothing randomly, get squashed together in tight spaces, kitchen counter goin’ at it stuff, and oh, the bondage…! And if they’re wallpaper in a book, they should be making out. Always.clap.be.clap.making.clap.out.clap.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    In the New Year I want Gambit and Rogue to bring the sexy back. Be sexy, lose clothing randomly, get squashed together in tight spaces, kitchen counter goin’ at it stuff, and oh, the bondage…! And if they’re wallpaper in a book, they should be making out. Always.clap.be.clap.making.clap.out.clap.
    You've basically described Kelly Thompson's Rogue & Gambit Mini and Ongoing. Oh what a glorious time that was!

I'm loving all these ideas and team-ups! I'd go for any of them. Absolutely on team Always Making Out.

By the by, if y'all are on Twitter, make sure to ask @MarvelUnlimited when we can get Love Unlimited: Rogue and Gambit in print!! They've done "It's Jeff" and now "Marvel Meow". I'm not sure how much interest is enough, but poke away my friends! POKE!!!

Speaking of friends, some of y'all may remember ThePratt? He used to post here. I still run in some circles with him and he put together a very cool fanfic a while back and then created a script from that and commissioned an artist to make a comic and it's fantastic.

I'll share here (I did ask for his permission, which he granted.)

FB_IMG_1704425160635.jpg
    FB_IMG_1704425169994.jpg

FB_IMG_1704425177181.jpg
    FB_IMG_1704425185542.jpg
    FB_IMG_1704425193749.jpg

That's what he had so far. There's a lot more to the story, which you can find here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/44758189

Pretty great, huh?

Go give Phil some kudos and praise in the comments!

Is he doing the zine project too?

I wish! Tried to talk him into applying.

And unfortunately (though understandably) there aren't a lot of artists out there wanting to contribute to a charity zine when they can work for commissions.

We do have some great artists though and at least one doing a comic.
    Last edited by AppleJ; 01-05-2024 at 07:18 AM.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    FB_IMG_1704425177181.jpg
    FB_IMG_1704425185542.jpg
    FB_IMG_1704425193749.jpg

That's what he had so far. There's a lot more to the story, which you can find here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/44758189

Pretty great, huh?

Go give Phil some kudos and praise in the comments!
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    Is he doing the zine project too?
    It is I. I am the one you refer to as ThePratt. I have returned...

I stopped coming here when the discussion stopped being that and was more "my headcanon doesn't accept your reasoning" madness. That and dealing with the onslaught of trolls. It's been a couple of years since I've posted here. But I digress - Nico, J, greetings.

J - thanks for sharing! I plan on doing the same for sections of the story. I wish I had the funds to convert the whole story - but it'd be pretty darn expensive! I hope everyone enjoys the character exploration. It's always about the discussions for me, so I'm down for talking, as long as it's that lol.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post

I stopped coming here when the discussion stopped being that and was more "my headcanon doesn't accept your reasoning" madness. That and dealing with the onslaught of trolls. It's been a couple of years since I've posted here. But I digress - Nico, J, greetings.

J - thanks for sharing! I plan on doing the same for sections of the story. I wish I had the funds to convert the whole story - but it'd be pretty darn expensive! I hope everyone enjoys the character exploration. It's always about the discussions for me, so I'm down for talking, as long as it's that lol.
    I ditched CBR years ago too but came back when I decided that it’s better for me to face the ugly opinions and learn from them. At least I think that was a good decision for me at that time. As an unwanted consequence I lost track of the Guild forum.
    Since then there are less people outright stating “I hate Gambit” when posting here, if they still feel as such they keep it themselves. More or less.

Frenzy… Why did she never work for me? Not just in combination with Remy but outright as a character. Perhaps she is to though and rough, I see no angle for me to approach from.

You are really approaching scary territory with Rogue here. Are we just fond of a character that is 50% Carol and 50% Rogue and to whom does the parts we like belong to? In many ways Mike Carey approached it from that angle but his hands were tied. Wasn’t Rogue her most heroic self after the kiss? Maybe she should have been on a different path in that regard.

I think there is reasons to argue that Remy could attract Carol and vice versa. In the same way that Romy is built on some parts Carol all Rogues relationships are. To untangle that would lead to some interesting developments for sure.

Oh the art looks great. I’m a sucker for a that first panel with just his eyes. Remy’s eyes is such a fun and unique part of him, better to embrace it then to hide it.
    Last edited by Malachi; 01-05-2024 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Please tell me you do comics for a living! Those panels I've seen. WOAH! °_°
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.