Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Btw ... did y'all see the preview for Rise of the Powers of X #1?

Dammit ... I really wasn't going to pick this up, but of course we were given an actually good scene with Gambit and Mystique.

You know **** is BAD when Mystique actually says something nice to Remy and they're working together without squabbling. Looks like he's going out heroically in a big kamikaze glory, so this issue is probably it for Gambit appearances.

It's set in the future and I'm wondering if Rogue is already gone at this point, as she says "You made Rogue happy."
    It wasn't half bad of an interaction... Ridiculous that this is the first on panel discussion we've seen the two have since like 2017 or 2018... Since this takes place in the future, maybe it explains why Gambit is doing something he shouldn't be able to do without New Sun powers... Or Tini Howard.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    It wasn't half bad of an interaction... Ridiculous that this is the first on panel discussion we've seen the two have since like 2017 or 2018... Since this takes place in the future, maybe it explains why Gambit is doing something he shouldn't be able to do without New Sun powers... Or Tini Howard.
    Yeah ... I have to assume he gained that skill somewhere in the 10 intervening years. I know that he is now closer to his OG New Sun level since Faiza fixed him after he was shot in the head.

But it's been left very fuzzy ... probably not on accident ... where those new power levels really are. I'd say not quite New Sun since it seems like this is his siren song on the book. New Sun would survive obviously. It gives writers a lot of artistic license which can be intriguing. I'm still questioning skeleton Rogue absorbing Deadpool last issue, but rule of cool as they say.

But yeah, I agree with everyone saying they're just happy to see him have a big hero moment and be treated nicely, even praised, by another character much less Mystique. That kind of warms the cockles of my cold dead heart. LOL

So thank you Gillen and Foxe for giving our guy some love this era.

And you're right! Remy hasn't talked to Mystique on panel since Astonishing X-Men in 2018 and Rogue STILL hasn't spoken to her on panel since Mr. & Mrs. X in 2019. Even though they've been on the same damn island and on the same side. And therein lies the failure of Krakoa for me.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    Nice that Gillen keeps setting these arcs in an AU future so I can easily skip it. But, on the bright side, it seems like G&R made it to their 10th anniversary.
    I know, right?! Reminds me of the Skroce/Nicieza run, when it was established that Romy are happy together (XD)

Last edited by K7P5V; 01-07-2024 at 01:52 AM. Reason: Added Helpful Link.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

XO is past
    X10 is present
    X100 is future

Gillen just killed Remy in present.
    Last hurrah before July relaunch.

Well, it's nice that in this type of event where a lot of people have to die to tell the story, Remy goes out in style and not from a sentinel's foot stomping. Let's see if they tell us what happened with Rogue or if we see any last moments between them.

Before Gillen came back I was excited about the possibility of him writing Gambit since he once said he wanted to. So it’s good we finally get at least something
    Really? Then maybe it's better than we expected.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ilargi View Post
    Well, it's nice that in this type of event where a lot of people have to die to tell the story, Remy goes out in style and not from a sentinel's foot stomping. Let's see if they tell us what happened with Rogue or if we see any last moments between them.

Really? Then maybe it's better than we expected.
    Funny enough... Gillen blew Gambit up in his Uncanny X-Men run too. They were Gambit clones that exploded like bombs, mind you.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    XO is past
    X10 is present
    X100 is future

Great start for Gambit in the new year. Gambit fans: “we're grateful he didn’t fall off a building or get smooshed by a sentinel.” Talk about the lowest of expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Funny enough... Gillen blew Gambit up in his Uncanny X-Men run too. They were Gambit clones that exploded like bombs, mind you.
    He can’t stop repeating himself. Playing all his greatest hits.

Meh. Emma is also "dead". So is Jubilee and we know she's back by July. None of this will stick, so I'm not too mussed.

However I'm not following how this is supposed to be the present if Duggan's book is also set in the present and we just had Remy sitting in the jet next to Rogue fully alive and working with that team. I suppose it will make more sense in context of the whole book, which I'm still on the fence about picking up.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    XO is past
    X10 is present
    X100 is future

The preview says the scene takes place 10 years into the future. So I would put Remy dying in X10.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    Great start for Gambit in the new year. Gambit fans: “we're grateful he didn’t fall off a building or get smooshed by a sentinel.” Talk about the lowest of expectations.
    Gambit fans with bad writing PTSD

Meh. Emma is also "dead". So is Jubilee and we know she's back by July. None of this will stick, so I'm not too mussed.

However I'm not following how this is supposed to be the present if Duggan's book is also set in the present and we just had Remy sitting in the jet next to Rogue fully alive and working with that team. I suppose it will make more sense in context of the whole book, which I'm still on the fence about picking up.
    I'm not sure about the timeline either, this is the premise:

THE FIGHT FOR KRAKOA HAS BEEN LOST! Ten years ago, the mutants returned from their exile to try and reclaim the Earth from the forces of Orchis. They failed. Now, within the victorious Orchis with their gauntlet choking the world, Nimrod and Omega Sentinel put their plan within a plan into action. They are to summon their binary god to consume everything in their accession. All that stands between them is the X-Men. What can they do? They're the X-Men. They'll find a way. That's their power. So begins a story beyond time and space, with the rise of powers beyond our petty human intelligence

So maybe what happens in Gillen's book happens 10 years after what happens in Duggan's book and what we have seen in the preview is what happens during those 10 years?

IMG_8211.jpg

Well they're in the preview again. Remains to be seen if they're just pretty wallpaper in FotHoX #2 as well, in keeping with tradition.

But at least they aren't fighting and Gambit isn't tripping or getting insulted by a teammate. Small victories.

I predict they get one scene by the end of the series and Rogue does one big heroic thing before it wraps. The end.

In other news, final pages and art are coming in for the zine and it is looking glorious friends! Hoping to have some sneak peeks and preorder info in a few weeks here.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ilargi View Post
    Seeing how around 95% of all other named and established heros (especially satelite title crews and bit parter) are either going to die off-pannel or never even acknowledged to ever had any agency in the events that occured, he can indeed be considered "lucky" for at least seemingly considered popular enough to be disposed off on pannel.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Seeing how around 95% of all other named and established heros (especially satelite title crews and bit parter) are either going to die off-pannel or never even acknowledged to ever had any agency in the events that occured, he can indeed be considered "lucky" for at least seemingly considered popular enough to be disposed off on pannel.
    That was my biggest complaint when the Krakoan era started. For something that large, the building of a country, Hickman only focused on a select few and different future versions. I imidatly felt excluded from the story as it didn't feel like an X-men story in the truest sense. Just a story populated by characters that have been used a lot before. It then morphed into a mutant story, still with the focus on a select few. I never got that feelign of reading a X-men title with all of that entails. Just random characters who behaved like the story required.

IMG_8211.jpg

Well they're in the preview again. Remains to be seen if they're just pretty wallpaper in FotHoX #2 as well, in keeping with tradition.

But at least they aren't fighting and Gambit isn't tripping or getting insulted by a teammate. Small victories.

I predict they get one scene by the end of the series and Rogue does one big heroic thing before it wraps. The end.

In other news, final pages and art are coming in for the zine and it is looking glorious friends! Hoping to have some sneak peeks and preorder info in a few weeks here.
    We don’t have word balloons, so don’t count the insults out yet!

Dialogue:
    Gambit: says something innocuous.
    Emma: Gambit you’re trash, Rogue drop his ass.
    Rogue: says nothing.

The good thing about all this is that if we have a cool moment we will be surprised and if we don't we already knew what was coming.

Duggan can't let us down he can only prove us right.