Page 5 of 65 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ilargi View Post
    The good thing about all this is that if we have a cool moment we will be surprised and if we don't we already knew what was coming.

Duggan can't let us down he can only prove us right.
    I’m just tired of us being right most of the time lol
    Make Good Art

Hmmm ... do Gambit fans have the worst PTSD? Possibly we do. Though I have to think Colossus, Beast, and Angel fans still have it worse.

I guess we just keep our expectations low and then we can rarely be dissapointed.

At any rate, this era has a set expiration date and along that thought, you might be surprised to know Gail Simone dropped into House of Gambit on Facebook to say hello and that she likes him. Hopefully she's not pulling our leg!

She's written both Domino and Deadpool, who really aren't all that different of characters from Gambit in being primarily street level fighters and having fairly morally gray alignments.

Obviously she'd probably write Rogue well. I think most people gravitate toward her.

But anyway, I guess we'll see what's up there.

As we're killing time waiting for Krakoa to wrap up, I have another discussion prompt for the group.

What do you believe are Rogue and Gambit's levels of education and what are their non-superhero skills, both from actual canon and your own fanon?

I'll start with a few thoughts:

Rogue:
    * Graduated high school, but moved around a lot due to Raven and Irene's plans and kept to herself and cut class a bunch
    * Started a pre-law degree while she was at Xavier's school, but was never able to finish
    * Knows basic engine repair, mostly self taught but perhaps some pointers from Logan
    * Plays the guitar, learned as a child
    * Still obsessed with romance novels

Gambit:
    * Kicked out of school prior to 8th grade and missed most of his formal education given living on the street for a good chunk of that time, having a clearly mutant appearance and being a major discipline problem
    * Extensive focused knowledge in art, languages, martial arts, and lockpicking as part of his training in the Thieves Guild
    * Taught to read and cook by Tante Mattie, who instilled in him a love of both

Thoughts? More to add?
    Last edited by AppleJ; 01-14-2024 at 06:38 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Hmmm ... do Gambit fans have the worst PTSD? Possibly we do. Though I have to think Colossus, Beast, and Angel fans still have it worse.

I guess we just keep our expectations low and then we can rarely be dissapointed.

At any rate, this era has a set expiration date and along that thought, you might be surprised to know Gail Simone dropped into House of Gambit on Facebook to say hello and that she likes him. Hopefully she's not pulling our leg!

She's written both Domino and Deadpool, who really aren't all that different of characters from Gambit in being primarily street level fighters and having fairly morally gray alignments.

Obviously she'd probably write Rogue well. I think most people gravitate toward her.

As we're killing time waiting for Krakoa to wrap up, I have another discussion prompt for the group.

What do you believe are Rogue and Gambit's levels of education and what are their non-superhero skills, both from actual canon and your own fanon?

Rogue:
    * Graduated high school, but moved around a lot due to Raven and Irene's plans and kept to herself and cut class a bunch
    * Started a pre-law degree while she was at Xavier's school, but was never able to finish
    * Knows basic engine repair, mostly self taught but perhaps some pointers from Logan

Gambit:
    * Kicked out of school prior to 8th grade and missed most of his formal education given living on the street for a good chunk of that time, having a clearly mutant appearance and being a major discipline problem
    * Extensive focused knowledge in art, languages, martial arts, and lockpicking as part of his training in the Thieves Guild

Thoughts? More to add?
    am i right did Gambit teaches Arts/History and Sex Educ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant101 View Post
    am i right did Gambit teaches Arts/History and Sex Educ?
    Indeed. Here's proof...

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post

Rogue:

Gambit:

Thoughts? More to add?
    I know there is an info page that says Rogue has a degree in psychology. Or so I think I read, I'm not able to find it. Lol.

I'll be back ok with my headcanon on this, although I agree on everything.

I know there is an info page that says Rogue has a degree in psychology. Or so I think I read, I'm not able to find it. Lol.

I'll be back ok with my headcanon on this, although I agree on everything.
    I can see both Remy and Anna settling down on a smaller scale then other X-men. Like opening a small seafood restaurant/bar.

So in my headcannon Rogue doesn't really care about getting a higher deucation degree in that she doesn't want such a career. Law degree as in cop would fit her. Kind of hillarious if she would work as a cop and be married to Remy.

Remy is interested in antiques and art. He probably reads a lot of books and watches the discovery/history channel more then one would think. As a thief he is used to operating tech but he has a very limited interest in how it works, only how to use it. His knowledge doesnt' go further then making an emergency repair.

Both homeschooled by controlling families more interested in producing miniature versions of themselves with a limited worldview than independently functional adults. They are both fortunate in a sense that they had to live independently and problem solve on their own as kids, so they’re not completely brainwashed.
    Both are pilots. Rogue learned from Carol’s persona; Gambit began at an early age, stealing a jet, then had to literally fly by the seat of his pants.
    Religious education: classic sex/drug cult stuff for Rogue at an early age, then Aunt Carrie’s version of Don’t Spare The Rod Baptist; Remy - catechism/ccd/whatever they have branded Catholic education these days - we know the nuns hit Gambit with rulers so there was obvi some disciplinary issues there.
    Agree with aforementioned Rogue - mechanical skills; Gambit - background in art history. And absolutely Tante Mattie taught Remy to cook.
    Rogue - guitar; Gambit - harmonica

My headcanons :

Neither of them graduated from high school. Rogue dropped out of school after Cody's incident. Remy never attended.
    A Catholic institution cared for Gambit while he was a baby, but as he grew older he spent more time on the streets looking for a living until Jean-Luc took him in.
    Their respective foster parents homeschooled them, but neither bothered to formalize their education.

Remy is good at math but his handwriting is illegible. Rogue has beautiful calligraphy since Aunt Carry forced her to write like a lady.

Both of them have a complicated relationship with religion, due to the issues during their early years of life. Although I would say that Rogue is an atheist and Remy doesn't care about such things.

As you guys have said, mechanics, guitar, cooking, and art are part of their education.

Rogue loves to listen to Remy talk about paintings, and she serenades him mostly for fun but others for sexy stuff as she plays the guitar naked for him.

Remy is a sci-fi/fantasy guy and Rogue is a romance novel gal. They play board/card games. Remy cheats and Rogue spends more time trying to figure out the cheating than playing.

Bonus: Rogue's biological parents gave her an absolutely ridiculous Hippy name, but Aunt Carrie legally changed it to Anna Marie, a proper Christian name.

My headcannon

Rogue became a Lawyer it was the first thing to do without Danvers Psyche and Raven "motivation"
    Rogue was very religious until u know. The mutant stuff happen she kinda meet Thor and so weird isnt?
    She is one of the boys (Yes like that Katy Perry song) Her best X-Best Friends are more the dudes of the x than the gurls but she is better with the gurls now.
    Her Pals : Wolvie-Bobby-Sam-Hank when he is not a ass- Peter (Also is secret friend with benefits) also she has a very good view of Mags and recovery relationship with Scott
    Her gurls: Emma (in my head cannon they are snarky besties) Storm (Her Big Sister) Betsy (Her middle sister) Kate (Her lil Sis) Polaris (Her almost StepDaugther) and Rachel (Because reasons)
    She loves and desire Remy and she is not into poly like Scott/Jean but she can fling one shot if Remy and her aprobes it. in the sex part they are very healthy and very talky since Rogue get her powers back again they are not wasting time to have loads and loads of sex kinda a lot to the fact when any other character ask hey! Where is Anna/Remy? other character will respond(I Prefer Emma or Kate) they are doing litles Anna´s and Remy to Momma Raven and Momma Irene go nuts.

Rogue like mechanics stuff cooking delicious and not healthy food and love Post-Grunge/Punk bands and authors.
    Remy is a 80/90's teen/kid also both of them love Alice in Chains the song love-hate-love was their song until Xmen legacy 224
    Remy is a ladies man and just in the sex part but he preffer the Female friendship without hating his own genre
    His ladies (Friends): Storm (His main) Wolverine (Lauras both of them because reasons) Cecilia Reyes (Doc stuff) and similar relationship as Irene to Emma (Emma doesnt like Remy to Rogue, she is a Rogneto shipper but respect Rogue decision)
    His pals: Logan (But less than Rogue- Similar to Storm if Logan has to choose he will choose Anna) Peter (Colossus) - Sam and Pietro
    Remy is very poetic likes to write and read books about poetic and about fictional stealing.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    We don’t have word balloons, so don’t count the insults out yet!

Dialogue:
    Gambit: says something innocuous.
    Emma: Gambit you’re trash, Rogue drop his ass.
    Rogue: says nothing.
    The funny part. that dialogue could be true.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

My headcanons :

Neither of them graduated from high school. Rogue dropped out of school after Cody's incident. Remy never attended.
    A Catholic institution cared for Gambit while he was a baby, but as he grew older he spent more time on the streets looking for a living until Jean-Luc took him in.
    Their respective foster parents homeschooled them, but neither bothered to formalize their education.

Remy is good at math but his handwriting is illegible. Rogue has beautiful calligraphy since Aunt Carry forced her to write like a lady.

Both of them have a complicated relationship with religion, due to the issues during their early years of life. Although I would say that Rogue is an atheist and Remy doesn't care about such things.

As you guys have said, mechanics, guitar, cooking, and art are part of their education.

Rogue loves to listen to Remy talk about paintings, and she serenades him mostly for fun but others for sexy stuff as she plays the guitar naked for him.

Remy is a sci-fi/fantasy guy and Rogue is a romance novel gal. They play board/card games. Remy cheats and Rogue spends more time trying to figure out the cheating than playing.

Bonus: Rogue's biological parents gave her an absolutely ridiculous Hippy name, but Aunt Carrie legally changed it to Anna Marie, a proper Christian name.
    This pretty much sums up my thoughts on their education as well. I figure they probably picked up on some things later in life but are more knowledgeable about "practical" skills that they've had to use (like Remy using math/physics in heists and Rogue knowing some engineering things from her mechanic skills).

I have other headcannons but one I recently thought of that is dumb but fun is that Remy is a Magic: The Gathering player. He went to a hobby shop to load up on playing cards once but they were all out, so he settled for Magic cards. He was so taken by the art, that he decided to learn the game and plays it secretly. Rogue is the only other person that knows about this.
    Make Good Art

Nice! Y'all really know how to deliver the goods! Some very fascinating headcannons you got there. Definitely gonna have to adopt some of them ... like powerfully useful children. LOL

Had to drop in and leave this Leonardo Romero Gambit sketch he posted on Twitter.
    IMG_20240116_211357.jpg
    So good! His Gambit has kind eyes and a perfect smirky smile. Now I need to see his Rogue!

^^^Here's a sample. Hope this helps.

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

Yeeesssss! Beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

I think it captures her supposed age beautifully. She looks both young and mature at the same time.