Page 6 of 63 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    I think it captures her supposed age beautifully. She looks both young and mature at the same time.
    Considering she looked far older when she was introduced then how she looked when she became a hero, there is certainly a bit of room for interpretation.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post

At any rate, this era has a set expiration date and along that thought, you might be surprised to know Gail Simone dropped into House of Gambit on Facebook to say hello and that she likes him. Hopefully she's not pulling our leg!
    Interesting and surprised.
    Maybe Gambit is on her new X book and she don`t want Gambit fans to be negative when a book to be announced because of years of her trolling?
    It would be cool to see Gambit again on Uncanny flagship and drawn by amazingly talented Marquez.

That's a pretty good guess. I honestly wouldn't be thrilled if she wrote Remy after all the trolling.
    Although I do think she's professional enough to put her preferences aside, but once again a writer who doesn't like Gambit writing Gambit is... disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Interesting and surprised.
    Maybe Gambit is on her new X book and she don`t want Gambit fans to be negative when a book to be announced because of years of her trolling?
    It would be cool to see Gambit again on Uncanny flagship and drawn by amazingly talented Marquez.

I have an inkling you might be on to something, Purp.

I'm truly torn. Marquez would be a dream. I actually enjoy Gail as a writer and as a personality on Twitter who is doing a lot for the comics industry. It's good to learn not to take things too seriously and that is a HARD lesson sometimes. A little trolling may well be deserved. But yes, it frequently feels like nearly every writer is coming at Gambit with ill intentions more often than not and it's hard not to get apprehensive every time there's a staff change.

There's no reason Gail couldn't write Gambit well if she wanted to though. If she says she likes him as a character, I'm generally inclined to take her at her word. Though hopefully it's not in the "as the comic relief at the character's own expense" sort of way ... aka a la Tini. But it sure would be nice to have Rogue and Gambit on a team that actually utilized them and was the flagship.

I'd really just like to hear ANY news about X-Men'97 and the plans for post-Krakoa at this point. The last few weeks have been nothing for Romy.

At least the fanzine is shaping up nicely. Final pieces are coming in and layouts are under way. Hoping to have preorders up in February!

Gail Simone retweeted this tweet:

https://twitter.com/EmmaTalksComics/...83416068276289

I really do believe Rogue and Gambit will be in Gail's book, whatever that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Gail Simone retweeted this tweet:

https://twitter.com/EmmaTalksComics/...83416068276289

I really do believe Rogue and Gambit will be in Gail's book, whatever that is.
    OH! That IS interesting!

So the post is pointing out how little attention Rogue has gotten as a mainstay X-Men in 20 some years. And yeah, that is highly valid. Really Carey was the last writer to make Rogue a central character on the flagship X-book. She really hasn't returned into a central, plot driving role since she left for Uncanny Avengers.

She had bits on X-Men: Gold and Astonishing X-Men, but fleeting and secondary. Same with her times on Excalibur and X-Men ... totally a B or C plot character there to support others. R&G v1 and MMX let her take the lead, but aren't the flagships. Honestly how she was excluded from any interaction with Mystique or Destiny has been abysmal.

So yes, very curious indeed!

And I would argue that Remy's been in a similar boat for a long time as well. Almost always supporting cast in books that aren't solo or duos.

But yeah, with X-Men'97 due for release ... possibly in March?! Like in a month? It would be foolhardy not to put them back in the limelight. I just hope Gail is a writer who likes building characters up and exploring new ideas with them. Last thing I want is a break-up and rehash of will-they, won't they. What would moving forward look like? What would staying together and working through problems look like? What would mentoring, exploring their messy childhoods, and dealing with their mothers/MILs look like?

You guys and gals are getting me excited!!!! I just hope its not a trick :/
    Last edited by Romy134; 02-02-2024 at 08:35 PM.

Astonishing Member

I’m cynical, I’m still thinking it’s a trick, lol. The retweet does sound like she wants to use Rogue, but not sure about gambit. At least she’s polite enough to try and make nice with the fans.

IMG_8754.jpg

Hey ... look at that. They're still on the jet. Over/under on them doing anything in this issue and whether we are excited about that prospect? Just hoping for no Gambit digs or Deadpool nonsense.

Meanwhile, March is right around the corner for the X-Men'97 prequel.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    IMG_8754.jpg

Hey ... look at that. They're still on the jet. Over/under on them doing anything in this issue and whether we are excited about that prospect? Just hoping for no Gambit digs or Deadpool nonsense.

Meanwhile, March is right around the corner for the X-Men'97 prequel.
    I know I was poking fun at this in the other thread but I remember a preview of them from weeks ago where they jumped from the jet. I mean they still weren't doing anything but at least they left their seats.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
    I know I was poking fun at this in the other thread but I remember a preview of them from weeks ago where they jumped from the jet. I mean they still weren't doing anything but at least they left their seats.
    It’s taken Gambit longer to leave his seat because he can’t seem to find the straps to his chair.

In the first issue they had one panel, now (it seems) they have two. That's progress

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    It’s taken Gambit longer to leave his seat because he can’t seem to find the straps to his chair.
    Coloring error.

Looks like there's a little love for Rogue and Gambit on today's X-Monday.

Brevoort seems to be speaking well of them, let's hope that's a good sign for what's to come.

I was pleasantly surprised by Brevoort's answers