Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    A new event that starts soon. Basically it's about Amanda Waller trying to kill the most powerful heroes so she finds a way to depower them first.
    Not sure how I feel about this event.

Hopefully it's nothing like the plot of SS Kil the JL

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Not sure how I feel about this event.

Hopefully it's nothing like the plot of SS Kil the JL
    At least it actually stars the heroes and Waller is in a firmly antagonistic place.

So hopefully we won't get anything as trashy as Harley lecturing Batman on how toxic he is.

I never played that game, the more I hear about it the more I'm glad I didn't.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    At least it actually stars the heroes and Waller is in a firmly antagonistic place.

So hopefully we won't get anything as trashy as Harley lecturing Batman on how toxic he is.
    Did....did that happen in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Did....did that happen in the game?
    Yes spoilers:
    after defeating the brainwashed Batman, Harley (same character who helped Joker murder a child in Arkham Knight) then starts lecturing him at gunpoint for "causing long-term mental and emotional damage to everyone around him" and then executes him.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Yes spoilers:
    after defeating the brainwashed Batman, Harley (same character who helped Joker murder a child in Arkham Knight) then starts lecturing him at gunpoint for "causing long-term mental and emotional damage to everyone around him" and then executes him.
    end of spoilers
    Sweet baby Jesus. I really, really hate what the character of Harley Quinn has become.

But Harley is crazy, so what does it matter if she lectures Batman? Sounds to me she's projecting her feelings about Joker. Is it that she gets the last word?

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    But Harley is crazy, so what does it matter if she lectures Batman? Sounds to me she's projecting her feelings about Joker. Is it that she gets the last word?
    Because the whole game is basically treating the JL like absolute crap. They all die anti-climactically, aren't even given any last words or dignified exists, Green Lantern is also executed by Deadshot while mocking him and saying how worthless he is.

The game comes across as actively glorifying the Squad's nastiness, so it feels like you are intended to side with Harley when she talks down to Batman. Especially because Batman's brainwashing is never undone so he never stops being an *******, the game doing as hard as it can to make Harley more sympathetic than Batman.

Yeah, if it was only Harley you could write it down on her being crazy. But the entire game is like that.

Yep I'm totally glad I never played it.
    Last edited by Johnny; 04-22-2024 at 01:38 AM.

I have to say, I've been having a hard time getting into Jeremy Adams GL, but....the last issue was really good. I think given the time this title could pick up a lot of steam.

Astonishing Member

Hal in Absolute Power.

I was thinking, why is Hal in civilian clothes. And then I thought, maybe his bomber jacket achieved iconic status.

Its interesting he has the GL logo painted on his shoulder. I'm not sure it has any significance in terms of power set, but at the same time Hal's identity isn't public knowledge so running around in his civilian clothes showing everyone he's Green Lantern seems unlikely.

Its interesting he has the GL logo painted on his shoulder. I'm not sure it has any significance in terms of power set, but at the same time Hal's identity isn't public knowledge so running around in his civilian clothes showing everyone he's Green Lantern seems unlikely.
    Maybe he channels what little power he still has left in the ring into his clothes.

Might just be a case or artist adding GL logo fearing that otherwise people wouldn't recognize the character.