Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Also of note is that Hal has a new ring and charged from that new CPB, but he has no individual Lantern. I wonder if that will be the new status quo moving forward? Not that it really matters since GLs are rarely shown charging their rings anyway, and the whole "ring ran out of charge so we need to get to the battery" thing stopped being used as a source of drama a long time ago.

Maybe Adams's intent is that no matter what else is going on, Hal will have to always come back to earth to charge up. Now I wonder if the UP Lanterns might stick around so they can take the heat for whatever people's feeling are about police and the Earth Lanterns will just be their own group with their Earth Lantern to distance themselves from that and be more like an independent superhero group. (but they'll get rid of whatsisname in charge, then leave the UP Lanterns in the hands of his successor with a "we won't join you, but we'll be watching" kinda warning)
    One thing I liked about the Johns era is at times it felt like they kept consistent track of how much charge the ring had.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Carol is totally going to follow him into space.
    And first thing she does will be yell at him for leaving again and not even saying good bye. Followed by him trying to explain about moving on and then she kisses him. And scene

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    And first thing she does will be yell at him for leaving again and not even saying good bye. Followed by him trying to explain about moving on and then she kisses him. And scene
    Totally reminds me of their kiss in Blackest Night .

FINALLY! Variant for issue 12.

Lead up to this has been terrible but I don’t care, my OTP is finally getting back together!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

^^ That does make me happy to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Lead up to this has been terrible but I don’t care, my OTP is finally getting back together!
    He let her go. Realized he should respect her decisions and boundaries and let her go, while quoting Sting at the same time. I didn't think it was that terrible. Isn't that what some people have said he should've done from the get go.

Also isn't that the main cover given that it's by Xermanico.
    Last edited by Johnny; 03-14-2024 at 02:25 PM.

Yay !

Is that a new suit or just Xermanico's rendition of her New 52 costume?
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    He let her go. Realized he should respect her decisions and boundaries and let her go, while quoting Sting at the same time. I didn't think it was that terrible. Isn't that what some people have said he should've done from the get go.

And as a reward, this time she follows him.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post

Yeah but I just don’t even get why we did this plot in the first place. I don’t think it added anything and some of the issues made Hal come across as a dick which was the opposite of Adams’ aim to make him likable. Carol wasn’t dating anyone prior to this so if you wanted to put the two back together, we could’ve simply done that.

But like I said I don’t care about Hal potentially “ruining” Carol’s relationship with whatshisname, I want the two of them together.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

That's a gorgeous cover! And it looks like Carol is keeping the New 52 suit(?) which I love. And yeah, Frontier is right, this time Carol is making the choice and deciding that she does want Hal and his life up in the stars.

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

And here are the Gleb Melnikov and Keron Grant variants for GL #12, Doc Shaner variant TBD.

Incredible Member

I’m shocked, shocked…well not that shocked

Incredible Member

Yeah but I just don’t even get why we did this plot in the first place. I don’t think it added anything and some of the issues made Hal come across as a dick which was the opposite of Adams’ aim to make him likable. Carol wasn’t dating anyone prior to this so if you wanted to put the two back together, we could’ve simply done that.

But like I said I don’t care about Hal potentially “ruining” Carol’s relationship with whatshisname, I want the two of them together.
    I imagine it was just a meh thing to help show Hal some cheap growth. If Adams meant for it to be more he’d of spent actual time building it to write her out. Adams seems to be more of a fixer upper type writer.

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledMan View Post
    That's a gorgeous cover! And it looks like Carol is keeping the New 52 suit(?) which I love. And yeah, Frontier is right, this time Carol is making the choice and deciding that she does want Hal and his life up in the stars.
    I was kind of hoping for a new suit to be honest, though it looks like they ditched the mask.

Extraordinary Member

Kinda reminds me of a cover from the secret origins arc that Ivan drew.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Ahhhhh so they are filling in with black on all the scantily-clad parts of Carol's costume. Thats clever, it does look good.