Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I definitely want to see her as a hero.(every time she was a villain, she wasn't in her right mind) I didn't pick up "New Guardians" because I hated the Carol/Kyle pairing, but I want her to just be an established hero in the DCU who has an on-again, off-again relationship with Hal, rather than only see her in girlfriend/boss drama, especially since nobody seems to want to write Hal with a life on earth.
    That thing with Kyle was such a terrible idea.

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledMan View Post
    Hopefully not too different from her New 52 look because that one is incredible.
    I still miss the thigh highs .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I still miss the thigh highs .
    Carol is a fashionable lady.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Early DCEU Hal Jordan concept art by Jerad S. Marantz:

"I had an incredible time working on Justice league. It was such a long time ago, but still remains as one of the most artistically fulfilling jobs of my career. It was a great team of artists working in both the US and UK. Working with Costume designer Michael Wilkinson was wonderful. He’s definitely one of the best in the business. Here are some early concepts for the green lantern suit. It was such an honor to take on one of my favorite branches of the DC universe."

See more here: https://www.instagram.com/p/C3Q2IFtPAXl/

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

That's fantastic! I like the alternate costume shown as well.

White gloves and boots?
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

"I had an incredible time working on Justice league. It was such a long time ago, but still remains as one of the most artistically fulfilling jobs of my career. It was a great team of artists working in both the US and UK. Working with Costume designer Michael Wilkinson was wonderful. He’s definitely one of the best in the business. Here are some early concepts for the green lantern suit. It was such an honor to take on one of my favorite branches of the DC universe."

That looks nice. I like it more thwn what Ryan Reynolds had.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    That looks nice. I like it more thwn what Ryan Reynolds had.
    Keep in mind we didn't get to see it in a movie and in motion. (and also... white boots )

Astonishing Member

https://screenrant.com/green-lantern...rt-hal-jordan/

Wait, so this was for Zack Snyder's Justice League?

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    https://screenrant.com/green-lantern...rt-hal-jordan/

Wait, so this was for Zack Snyder's Justice League?
    Yes, the Lanterns (Hal and Kilowog, I think) were supposed to appear in the JL's mid credits scene to warn Bruce of Darkseid coming. In 2016, Snyder shoot the scene with Affleck in front of a green light to insert some GL in post-production. Years later, he ended up adding John Stewart (Wayne T. Carr) but it was removed and replaced by Martian Manhunter under request of WB.

I wonder how the suit would've looked in live-action...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I definitely want to see her as a hero.(every time she was a villain, she wasn't in her right mind) I didn't pick up "New Guardians" because I hated the Carol/Kyle pairing, but I want her to just be an established hero in the DCU who has an on-again, off-again relationship with Hal, rather than only see her in girlfriend/boss drama, especially since nobody seems to want to write Hal with a life on earth.
    Could maybe do a story of her fitting the Star Sapphires nature. Swinging wildly from one end to the other. It’s had plausible drama on if she can control the thing or slip a lose control

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    Could maybe do a story of her fitting the Star Sapphires nature. Swinging wildly from one end to the other. It’s had plausible drama on if she can control the thing or slip a lose control
    That's kind of what Morrison did?

Damn the United Planets Lanterns can spoilers:
    channel all of the Emotional Spectrum
    end of spoilers through their rings. That’s actually intriguing and cool, I want to know what’s going down with the United Planets now. Yeah Carol is going to break it off with her fiancée, hopefully she does it before Hal leaves Earth, so he doesn’t leave her alone right after she breaks it off lol.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Yes, the Lanterns (Hal and Kilowog, I think) were supposed to appear in the JL's mid credits scene to warn Bruce of Darkseid coming. In 2016, Snyder shoot the scene with Affleck in front of a green light to insert some GL in post-production. Years later, he ended up adding John Stewart (Wayne T. Carr) but it was removed and replaced by Martian Manhunter under request of WB.
    I'm still disappointed that Hal wasn't included in the formation of the League.