Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I know the Interceptor was there, but was Aya the AI of the ship? (didn't the artist also have it flying backwards?)
    I don't think they explicitly addressed her, no.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledMan View Post
    Love this variant for GL #11 by Ian Churchill, huge New Frontier vibes!

That's a really awesome cover.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think they explicitly addressed her, no.
    Yeah, I don't remember any mention of Aya at all.

Would be nice to see the team back together.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I’m glad that Adams is picking up Razer after the events of GLTAS rather than simply rehashing the same story, but worse.

Hopefully, he takes the same approach with Aya.

Just let fans No-Prize their own explanations for when and how the events of the cartoon fit into comics continuity.

On one hand continuity is broken so who really cares where and how exactly these events fit. On another hand not everyone has watched GLTAS. Main GL ongoing should try to reach more people than just hardcore GL fans.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    On one hand continuity is broken so who really cares where and how exactly these events fit. On another hand not everyone has watched GLTAS. Main GL ongoing should try to reach more people than just hardcore GL fans.
    Comics bring in characters or reference old stories all the time that a modern audience may not know if they're not familiar with the entire back catalogue. This is really no different and they explain Razer's presence in this story well enough even if you don't know the specifics of their past.

It's the same problem YJ had when Razer randomly showed up in one episode.

I admit I feel like they could have done maybe a bit more to address exactly who Razer is and what his history with Hal is...though would an editor's note to watch GL:TAS have been too much ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's the same problem YJ had when Razer randomly showed up in one episode.

I admit I feel like they could have done maybe a bit more to address exactly who Razer is and what his history with Hal is...though would an editor's note to watch GL:TAS have been too much ?
    I get it, but since there's no way GL:TAS can be canon, it'd have to be some alt universe version of what happened in the series. (if it was similar at all) Just depends on whether Adams or anyone else will want to tell that tale, otherwise it's up in the air.

Unrelated note, but I hate the way the artist draws Razer's hair. It's an odd choice and just makes him look dorky.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 02-21-2024 at 05:50 PM.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

In the current context Razer comes across as a Blue Lantern Hal happens to know.

Which the Blues are good friends of the Greens so it makes enough sense though Razer could prolly do with a bit more explanation over the start of his friendship with Hal.

Regarding the UP Lantern Corps, while it seems like an interesting idea that they can shift between the colors of the emotional spectrum, so far it really makes no difference in terms of powers - we just see them make constructs and shoot energy blasts anyway. Let's hope Adams can write the different Lantern powers distinctly enough to make shifting between them actually interesting. Johns differentiated them mostly through their motivations and methods, so taking away the structure of each Corps reduces them to just the powers, which are pretty much the same across the spectrum.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 02-21-2024 at 06:09 PM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I would guess that the number of people who’ve watched GLTAS is much larger than the number of readers the comics currently have.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I would guess that the number of people who’ve watched GLTAS is much larger than the number of readers the comics currently have.
    Maybe, but it is not like there is 1:1 overlap. Adding things from adaptations isn't a new thing, but in the past I think more time was spent on integrating them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Even though some say GL:TAS wasn't popular or well-watched .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    In the current context Razer comes across as a Blue Lantern Hal happens to know.

Which the Blues are good friends of the Greens so it makes enough sense though Razer could prolly do with a bit more explanation over the start of his friendship with Hal.
    I agree. It just comes off as a Blue Lantern ally of Hal from one of many adventures he's had in the past. You don't really need more information than that at the moment.

Astonishing Member

I also hope GL gets featured more in other media.