Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Cool looking trading card art. Better than what we got on those horrible 1970's TV specials.

GLHowardMurphy.jpg

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Maybe, but it is not like there is 1:1 overlap. Adding things from adaptations isn't a new thing, but in the past I think more time was spent on integrating them.
    If there's any information about Razer's backstory that needs to be explained, Adams can do so. Currently, readers have all they need. I honestly don't see it as any different from Kilowog, Carol, or Sinestro. If someone isn't familar with them, a reader has all the information they'd need to understand who they are.

Plus, the internet exists.

What matters is whether or not the story is compelling.

Was Odym ever shown to be heavily populated? I always saw it as a lush idyllic garden environment with the BLs as the only sentient life. Did Adams kill a bunch of people just to dramatize the BPB's destruction?

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    If there's any information about Razer's backstory that needs to be explained, Adams can do so. Currently, readers have all they need. I honestly don't see it as any different from Kilowog, Carol, or Sinestro. If someone isn't familar with them, a reader has all the information they'd need to understand who they are.

Plus, the internet exists.

What matters is whether or not the story is compelling.
    I would say one difference is those characters you cite have been pretty frequent presences in GL books more than Razer has.
    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Was Odym ever shown to be heavily populated? I always saw it as a lush idyllic garden environment with the BLs as the only sentient life. Did Adams kill a bunch of people just to dramatize the BPB's destruction?
    I guess it's possible new Blue Lanterns brought their families or people to the planet to help populate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess it's possible new Blue Lanterns brought their families or people to the planet to help populate it.
    I mean, anything's possible. I was just wondering if it had been established that there was any kind of population there before this issue. I could definitely see a kind of space hippie community forming around the Blue Lanterns. (not that it matters much now)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Cool looking trading card art. Better than what we got on those horrible 1970's TV specials.

GLHowardMurphy.jpg
    That's not a bad costume at all.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    That is adorable.

Red and Green best friends ever.

I'm trying to remember if Barry and Hal even intereacted in New Frontier, come to think of it. Maybe during the Center fight?

Astonishing Member

That's cool. Is the New Frontier book part of the figure?

Considering Nathan Fillion's age, (52) will that be an indicator of how they plan to cast Hal? Will Gunn stick to the "Hal the vet teamed with John the rookie?" angle from the previous conception of the GLC movie? I certainly hope not. Hal's meant to be a hotshot and I assume he won't be a newb, because we've seen that and it's not fun. Hal and John both in their prime is what I'm hoping for. Just let them both be established vets who are really competent in their jobs dealing with a mystery/threat. Nothing wrong with that.

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

I guess it depends how long they've been GLs for. It might be an interesting dynamic if Guy is blatantly and by far the oldest of them and was selected after Hal - or if they want to mix things up a little, older Guy is the first Earth GL but a younger, hotshot Hal completely upstages him - and this feeds into any insecurities Guy has.

It also wouldn't surprise me if they don't even bother getting into "who came first" and they're all just established. I'd be okay with that too. I mean, if you were watching a cop show and they're all equal nobody bothers with who's had the most experience unless someone's the obvious newb or old-timer.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    That's cool. Is the New Frontier book part of the figure?
    Photoshop'd.

Renae De Liz