Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Renae De Liz

Pretty good Hal .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Considering Nathan Fillion's age, (52) will that be an indicator of how they plan to cast Hal? Will Gunn stick to the "Hal the vet teamed with John the rookie?" angle from the previous conception of the GLC movie? I certainly hope not. Hal's meant to be a hotshot and I assume he won't be a newb, because we've seen that and it's not fun. Hal and John both in their prime is what I'm hoping for. Just let them both be established vets who are really competent in their jobs dealing with a mystery/threat. Nothing wrong with that.
    I didn't mind that idea, since that was the original dynamic in the comics, where John was younger than Hal and Guy (although Guy used his ring to stay physically younger).

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Oooooh that is some stellar art designs, love how cool Black Hand, Atrocitus, Parallax and the rest look.

Whose the purple guy next to Black Hand?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Looks like some whack version of Dr Polaris maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Oooooh that is some stellar art designs, love how cool Black Hand, Atrocitus, Parallax and the rest look.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Looks like some whack version of Dr Polaris maybe?
    Yeah, Polaris.

No disrespect ... just y'know, seeing how it might look ... Not fixing it or anything...
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 02-29-2024 at 08:29 AM.

Don't tempt me with another GL:TAS type show .

I'm guessing that's Krona next to Larfleeze?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Don't tempt me with another GL:TAS type show .

I'm guessing that's Krona next to Larfleeze?
    I was about to ask that.

Is that an eye patch?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Renae De Liz

The break in the neck line is a nice touch.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Even though some say GL:TAS wasn't popular or well-watched .
    What were the ratings of GLTAS?

I used to be a huge fan of Green Lantern, Kyle is my favourite, but I stuck with Rebirth and enjoyed Johns' run. I dropped it after Blackest Night as I took a break from most comics at that time (just kept my Transformers titles going, nothing else) and haven't bought the book since. I've currently just rebought the Johns run for a third time in omnibus form, and it's worked out well, with the way it's organised meaning that volumes one and two are material I've read, and volume three is all-new to me. I'm currently about a fifth of the way through volume two, in Larfleeze's intro, leading up to Blackest Night. There's also the Corps omni, most of which I've read, but can't remember much of, but loved back in the day. I particularly enjoyed Isamot Kol and Varn Sarth. Have they been used since?

I'm just wondering about the latest series. Is it worth picking up? I've ordered issue eight primarily for the Kyle backup strip, but what's the actual book like? Is it worth getting on a monthly basis? Could someone please be so kind as to give me any essential info I need to know, if it is a worthwhile monthly read. I'll then track down the other issues I'm missing to get the whole series, should it be good enough to warrant a monthly purchase.

I thank you for any assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    I used to be a huge fan of Green Lantern, Kyle is my favourite, but I stuck with Rebirth and enjoyed Johns' run. I dropped it after Blackest Night as I took a break from most comics at that time (just kept my Transformers titles going, nothing else) and haven't bought the book since. I've currently just rebought the Johns run for a third time in omnibus form, and it's worked out well, with the way it's organised meaning that volumes one and two are material I've read, and volume three is all-new to me. I'm currently about a fifth of the way through volume two, in Larfleeze's intro, leading up to Blackest Night. There's also the Corps omni, most of which I've read, but can't remember much of, but loved back in the day. I particularly enjoyed Isamot Kol and Varn Sarth. Have they been used since?

I'm just wondering about the latest series. Is it worth picking up? I've ordered issue eight primarily for the Kyle backup strip, but what's the actual book like? Is it worth getting on a monthly basis? Could someone please be so kind as to give me any essential info I need to know, if it is a worthwhile monthly read. I'll then track down the other issues I'm missing to get the whole series, should it be good enough to warrant a monthly purchase.

I don't think Isamot's been seen since the post-Johns Venditti era...I think maybe he was in the Rebirth Hal Jordan and the GLC run?

If you enjoyed Johns' run I think you'll like Adams. It's a pretty back-to-basics take that's slowly been ratcheting up the stakes and stories.

Isn't Isamot dead? (not that death means a lot these days)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post

It's solid but not spectacular. Green Lantern War Journal is a far stronger book, in my opinion, despite how much I love Hal. I'm getting both titles and enjoying them, though.