Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Hal cameos in posters in the SS game:

Probably for the best that he didn’t get used as the GL
    Is that also a Wally cameo?

Maybe there is still is a usable Arkham JL after this game's slaughter

Maybe it's justice for Beware my Power that John is the one that gets screwed over this time .

Alternatively they're going to have Hal and Wally be bosses for future content and just reuse assets from John and Barry.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe it's justice for Beware my Power that John is the one that gets screwed over this time .

Alternatively they're going to have Hal and Wally be bosses for future content and just reuse assets from John and Barry.
    I have been avoiding articles and Youtube videos of the SS game.

I guess if I were a JL fan I would not be happy with the game? That I would not want Hal to be a part of that game?

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    I have been avoiding articles and Youtube videos of the SS game.

I guess if I were a JL fan I would not be happy with the game? That I would not want Hal to be a part of that game?
    That depends, would you want spoilers:
    Hal talked down to and mocked by the Squad before being shot in the face, then have his finger ripped off, and ring stolen by them?
    end of spoilers

Cause thats what happened to John.

Extraordinary Member

When I look at the governor of Florida, I can't but think he would be a great Earth 3 version of Hal.

That bum is Hal's complete opposite on every level. Even his wife seems like the opposite of Carol.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    That depends, would you want spoilers:
    Hal talked down to and mocked by the Squad before being shot in the face, then have his finger ripped off, and ring stolen by them?
    end of spoilers

Cause thats what happened to John.
    Do people like this game?

It does have fans, people who do legitimately like it or at least its gameplay.

But not enough to help its sales indicating that the mass public don't overall care for it.

Um...I think some people enjoy the gameplay...?

Astonishing Member

I couldn't resist. I read a few post about the SS game.

I couldn't believe what they did to Barry.

I couldn't resist. I read a few post about the SS game.

I couldn't believe what they did to Barry.
    John was treated badly too. Well, the entire League (save for Wonder Woman, kinda).

BANNED

John was treated badly too. Well, the entire League (save for Wonder Woman, kinda).
    Its one of those things that feels mean-spirited and disrespectful. I know some people felt that way about Injustice, but that was at least an alternate universe that was kind of a Justice Lords/Earth 3 type take and wasn't just actively humiliating the characters.

This kind of reminds me of when Garth Ennis would have Punisher dunking on other Marvel characters and the whole thing sends a kind of unsettling message of "look how cool the violent antihero is and how lame and dorky these heroes are" that I'm not a fan of.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Its one of those things that feels mean-spirited and disrespectful. I know some people felt that way about Injustice, but that was at least an alternate universe that was kind of a Justice Lords/Earth 3 type take and wasn't just actively humiliating the characters.

This kind of reminds me of when Garth Ennis would have Punisher dunking on other Marvel characters and the whole thing sends a kind of unsettling message of "look how cool the violent antihero is and how lame and dorky these heroes are" that I'm not a fan of.
    That's pretty much it in a nutshell.

That's pretty much it in a nutshell.
    The game exactly feels like it was written by people who think edgy anti-heroes are way cooler than normal heroes.

Its especially transparent in Harley's reason you suck speech against Batman and how all the Leaguer's act like generic smug evil guys instead of being brainwashed victims.

https://www.gamesradar.com/its-proba...f-kyle-rayner/
    Jeremy, what else can you tease about the future of Green Lantern?

Adams: Within the next two issues, we're going to find out a huge number of things. We're really going to discover some stuff about the ring, why Hal is stuck on Earth, and a lot about why there are so many 2814 Lanterns. A lot of that stuff is going to roll into the next part, which is going to be cosmic for a little bit and lead to some events that are going to be really cool and give us a greater glimpse, not just of Hal, but Carol, and that's been a joy too.

When I started writing The Flash and Wally West, it was really fun to explore Linda as a character too, and try to make her a character of consequence, at least for me. Somebody is letting me play with the action figures, so it's really fun for me to add to the toy box a little bit and do what I want to do with them.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

What's funny is we just saw Hal "stuck" on earth with an unreliable ring having to make his way into space to try and figure out what's going on with the GLC during Thorne's run.

Glad to hear Carol will be getting a better storyline than the old, "Hal's boss/girlfriend giving him a hard time."