Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    I have to say, I've been having a hard time getting into Jeremy Adams GL, but....the last issue was really good. I think given the time this title could pick up a lot of steam.
    Same here. I was starting to considering dropping this title but that last issue has my interest again. So I'm going to stick around for a bit and see how things go.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    I was thinking, why is Hal in civilian clothes. And then I thought, maybe his bomber jacket achieved iconic status.
    I imagine maybe it's because his uniform is a construct and when he loses his power, his clothes just reappear? Granted, the others just got new outfits that still resemble their supersuits, but in the other image he's wearing a flightsuit underneath, so maybe he'll end up using his piloting skills. And also yes - I think they knew he'd be recognizable in his jacket.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Now that Hal is off earth and dealing with the orp and United planets the book is better. Then if Absolute Power infects the book maybe we can keep the flow going.
    X-Men Forever

Man, what is up with Hals mask in those pages? Does editorial just never look out for such things? (at least the boots are green...)

I appreciate the Shark/King Shark joke though.(despite King Shark's comment, Hal did notice he wasn't The Shark once he was able to get a good look)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I imagine maybe it's because his uniform is a construct and when he loses his power, his clothes just reappear? Granted, the others just got new outfits that still resemble their supersuits, but in the other image he's wearing a flightsuit underneath, so maybe he'll end up using his piloting skills. And also yes - I think they knew he'd be recognizable in his jacket.
    I did not notice the flight suit underneath.

I would have like if he kept his mask on, just for the reason that it looks cool.

I would have like if he kept his mask on, just for the reason that it looks cool.
    <-- Um yes - I also think Hal in civvies with his mask looks cool

Although if we're still holding on to the idea that Hal wears a mask to protect his "secret identity" then wearing his regular clothes and jacket with his name on it plus the mask might give something away. The GL symbol drawn on is I guess less of one - any regular person might do that. Actually, it'd be kinda cool if he had a GL patch put on his jacket - considering GL's long history with Ferris Air, it'd be easy for Hal to just say he's a fan.(as are millions of folks in Coast City)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Oh wow. The top part looks really awesime. Although at first glance I thought Hal was wearing baggy pants.

Oh wow. The top part looks really awesime. Although at first glance I thought Hal was wearing baggy pants.
    He does need to improve his civilian wardrobe but bomber jacket and baggy pants would be a heck of combination.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    He does need to improve his civilian wardrobe but bomber jacket and baggy pants would be a heck of combination.
    But then they'd be depriving fans of their piece of Hal cake. Fans want Hal in tight pants

And in honor of the upcoming "Absolute Power" which will see Hal going into action in his civvies:
    Last edited by j9ac9k; Today at 05:18 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    But then they'd be depriving fans of their piece of Hal cake. Fans want Hal in tight pants

And in honor of the upcoming "Absolute Power" which will see Hal going into action in his civvies:
    Should be interesting. Hal is former Airforce so he’s at the very least have some form of combat training