Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

All 4 big GL trades by Johns are getting new printings, might be a sign that fifth volume is coming? And mayyybe they'll actually complete his entire run in this format?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    All 4 big GL trades by Johns are getting new printings, might be a sign that fifth volume is coming? And mayyybe they'll actually complete his entire run in this format?
    God, I hope so. I'm this close to selling my trades and just buying the omnibuses.

I like seeing stuff like this because it reassures me that it'll always be in DC's interest to keep Hal around ... and as a hero.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I like seeing stuff like this because it reassures me that it'll always be in DC's interest to keep Hal around ... and as a hero.
    I’m surprised when people think that’s not true. Long as Johns GL run remains the definitive GL run you never need worry over Hal being sidelined for long or turned evil. Their recent attempt at adapting Emerald Twilight flopped and Hal is showing up in the DCU. GL has fallen hard from the peak era of Johns, but there’s still interest in the franchise. All it needs is a good adaption.

Plus you can take a look at what sales data we have, Hal is the best selling non-Trinity member.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Oh, the "GL by Geoff Johns Book One" stuff?

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m surprised when people think that’s not true. Long as Johns GL run remains the definitive GL run you never need worry over Hal being sidelined for long or turned evil. Their recent attempt at adapting Emerald Twilight flopped and Hal is showing up in the DCU. GL has fallen hard from the peak era of Johns, but there’s still interest in the franchise. All it needs is a good adaption.

Plus you can take a look at what sales data we have, Hal is the best selling non-Trinity member.
    Yeah I think Beware My Power didn't really do that well so its attempt at promoting John at the expense of Hal wound up backfiring considering how the "he's evil" twist turned out so poorly received especially in criticism with the Tommorowverse's pulling the exact same plot-twist over at Legion of Superheroes.

Man, I completely mind wiped BMP from my memory, thank god these Tommorow-verse films haven't lit the world on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Oh, the "GL by Geoff Johns Book One" stuff?
    Yes, each collects around 16 issues.

I got the first 3 volumes of those.

Glorious stuff, the Sinestro Corps War was a baller nonstop ride from start to finish. Ivan Reis is Goddamn immaculate.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Yeah I think Beware My Power didn't really do that well so its attempt at promoting John at the expense of Hal wound up backfiring considering how the "he's evil" twist turned out so poorly received especially in criticism with the Tommorowverse's pulling the exact same plot-twist over at Legion of Superheroes.
    They also did it in the JSA movie (kind of) and the Warworld movie.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Hoping that the run of James Gunn movies would showcase mpre Hal.

They also did it in the JSA movie (kind of) and the Warworld movie.
    Yeah its definitely the most frustrating aspect of the Tommorowverse. Aside from the terrible character assassination, the fact they did it so many times is just uncreatively repetitive.

Wait how did Warworld do it?

The fact that someone like Jim Krieg is involved in this is baffling to me given that he previously helped produce the best version of Hal outside of comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    The fact that someone like Jim Krieg is involved in this is baffling to me given that he previously helped produce the best version of Hal outside of comics.
    Yeah, I didn't get it either. I guess it's just because they felt like maybe John Stewart fans were expecting something like that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Yeah its definitely the most frustrating aspect of the Tommorowverse. Aside from the terrible character assassination, the fact they did it so many times is just uncreatively repetitive.

Wait how did Warworld do it?
    They had Jonah Hex be a bad guy.

Yeah, I didn't get it either. I guess it's just because they felt like maybe John Stewart fans were expecting something like that?
    What was the point when that piece of garbage flopped. There's nothing more amateurish than dumping on one legacy character to prop up another. When did they ever treat another GL like this in order to promote Hal before. They never publicly sabotaged anyone else and made them unusable for Hal's sake. Yet they did it to him just so he won't be a "threat"? Imbeciles.