Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

They covered up before. Not a fan of censorship.

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    ...censorship??

Fellas is it censorship to not sexualise someone by putting them in an incredibly revealing costume?

I still remember during the SDCC 2011 Green Lantern movie panel when Blake Lively was asked if she'd like to wear the Star Sapphire costume and her response was as long as there was a little more material on it, after which the crowd booed her for it. lol Pretty sure the crowd reaction would be very different nowadays. Time flies.
    Last edited by Johnny; 03-14-2024 at 08:16 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I was kind of hoping for a new suit to be honest, though it looks like they ditched the mask.
    Not like she’s really need one. She only ever rings up for Green Lantern stories off earth so it’s not like she’d have to protect her identity. She’s not rolling up with the Justice League and taking part like Mera or even briefly Linda during dark crisis.

Though that would be cool. A Justice League team made up of the Leaguers love interests. It be mostly women and Steve

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I’m quickly realizing that my enjoyment of Adams’ GL rises and falls depending upon whether Xermanico is drawing it

Gorgeous.

Any thoughts on Hal in the JL/Godzilla/Kong crossover? They seem to have given him the New 52 portrayal and I'm not sure I get why.

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledMan View Post
    ...censorship??

Fellas is it censorship to not sexualise someone by putting them in an incredibly revealing costume?
    I miss the boots.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Any thoughts on Hal in the JL/Godzilla/Kong crossover? They seem to have given him the New 52 portrayal and I'm not sure I get why.

Think that’s just down to how Buccellato characterizes him.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Aside from the misuse of the term, it makes sense for her character. The other times she wore the revealing outfits, she wasn't herself - she was in "men need to bow down and kiss my boot" mode, so it made sense that Star Sapphire would wear an outfit to play up her sexuality as an intimidation factor. (not that her original outfit was so revealing to begin with) Once Carol Ferris was driving and actually embraced being SS, it made sense she would not only wear something she chose, but that it wouldn't be so revealing, since she as a character has never been known for walking around in highly sexualized wardrobe.

And now we have the solit:

Written by JEREMY ADAMS
    Art by XERMANICO and KEVIN MAGUIRE
    Cover by XERMANICO
    Variant covers by EVAN “DOC” SHANER and GLEB MELNIKOV
    1:25 variant cover by KERON GRANT
    $4.99 US | 40 pages | Variant $5.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 6/11/24

Having uncovered the truth behind the United Planets, Hal and the rest of the 2814 lanterns desperately try to escape the hands of the United Planets’ Lanterns, Ring Hunters, and the terrifying Unseen! Only a former ally gives Hal a chance of survival, but will they be too late to save him from certain doom?! Plus, Guy Gardner’s bogus Lobo adventure gets somehow even crazier. Don’t ask us how; we just work here.

Does Carol count as a "former ally?" Because I can't think of anyone else it might be referring to.
    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Aside from the misuse of the term, it makes sense for her character. The other times she wore the revealing outfits, she wasn't herself - she was in "men need to bow down and kiss my boot" mode, so it made sense that Star Sapphire would wear an outfit to play up her sexuality as an intimidation factor. (not that her original outfit was so revealing to begin with) Once Carol Ferris was driving and actually embraced being SS, it made sense she would not only wear something she chose, but that it wouldn't be so revealing, since she as a character has never been known for walking around in highly sexualized wardrobe.
    I remember in GL:TAS she said she liked the boots .

Astonishing Member

Nah it's censorship. Woke is evil.

Extraordinary Member

Homage cover, or the more things change the more they stay the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Does Carol count as a "former ally?" Because I can't think of anyone else it might be referring to.

I remember in GL:TAS she said she liked the boots .
    I guess it could be Razor? But I hope it’s Carol.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

They may have wanted to avoid spoilers, but the cover already did that.