Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    We don’t know yet. I doubt it, they had a chance to treat Hal better, and doubled down on dumping on him by having him arrogantly blow off the JL trying to recruit him.
    What was Hal's reason?

I guess in this universe he's not good friends with Barry and Oliver.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    What was Hal's reason?

I guess in this universe he's not good friends with Barry and Oliver.
    Basically what Frontier said, he says he’s already part of the GLC so why would he join another team. Ollie calls him a jerk, and that seems to have been the only interaction they had with each other, which doesn’t really make sense given they seemed to have been friends in Beware My Power but whatever. Tomorrowverse is getting rebooted at the end of Crisis anyway.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Basically what Frontier said, he says he’s already part of the GLC so why would he join another team. Ollie calls him a jerk, and that seems to have been the only interaction they had with each other, which doesn’t really make sense given they seemed to have been friends in Beware My Power but whatever. Tomorrowverse is getting rebooted at the end of Crisis anyway.
    I assume eventually Hal ended up joining the group and becoming buddies with Ollie. The Tomorrowverse moves so fast .

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Wait a minute, Crisis takes place on a separate universe from Beware my Power?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Wait a minute, Crisis takes place on a separate universe from Beware my Power?
    Nope, it jumps around in time. The context is that Barry Allen is reliving his whole life in the moment where he’s exerting himself to death to build a tower. Part of the flashback is how the JL formed and we see a pre-corrupted Hal.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Nope, it jumps around in time. The context is that Barry Allen is reliving his whole life in the moment where he’s exerting himself to death to build a tower. Part of the flashback is how the JL formed and we see a pre-corrupted Hal.
    Ahhhhh alright then.

Guess Ollie and Hal built up their friendship after that bad first impression.

We're back in space:

I wonder if Adams is going to address Carol being Star Sapphire again?

Awesome. I was hoping there’d be some payoff for that scene of Guy being sent after Lobo.

-- Hal lookin' like a Renegade.
    -- Looks like they're not going with the belt for John like as an earlier image indicated.
    -- Guy and Lobo: "snow-bros in space!"

And what the Hal is "House of Brainiac??" (I guess it's a Superman title thing?)

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Awesome. I was hoping there’d be some payoff for that scene of Guy being sent after Lobo.
    They know what we want .
    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    -- Looks like they're not going with the belt for John like as an earlier image indicated.

And what the Hal is "House of Brainiac??" (I guess it's a Superman title thing?)
    Yeah, it's an event going on in the Superman books.

Incredible Member

So Carol is totally becoming Star Sapphire again.

Also the return of the wrestling is the greatest ever.

Rooting for Carol to get her pink ring back if Hal can’t give her one lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post

Brainiac is invading Metropolis with an army of Czarnians (Lobo’s species) in order to claim something hidden there. It’s a crossover within the Superbooks running from April to June.

Brainiac is invading Metropolis with an army of Czarnians (Lobo’s species) in order to claim something hidden there. It’s a crossover within the Superbooks running from April to June.
    At least this means Guy's mission might actually be important. It seemed so random as presented in the latest issue.

I definitely think it's implying Carol taking up her Star Sapphire ring and following Hal into space.

Also Adams must have put the "Guy hunting Lobo" thing in there knowing House of Brainiac was going to be heavily Lobo-centric.

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar
    Last edited by StarSpangledMan; 01-19-2024 at 11:44 PM.