Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526 LastLast

Beast's new team.

Jed MacKay and Ryan Stegman’s X-Men coming in July.

Ah, it's nice to actually see him look like he used to. But, I hope he doesn't keep that excessive shading around the eyes.
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

On that team, the only person that Hank really knows is Scott

Idie, Quentin, Kwannon were all introduced post-90s.

Magik. He had long left the X-men by the time she joined the school. He may know of her but any interaction was quite limiting. If he gets his teen memories unlocked, he'll at least know her and Idie too having worked alongside them in Bendis' run and ANX v2

Juggernaut - He only knows him as a villian that attacked the mansion that one time when he was a teen

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Juggernaut - He only knows him as a villian that attacked the mansion that one time when he was a teen
    Wasn't Hank at the school when Juggy came to the school with the fish-like kid (Sammy?)? Circa 2002/2003?
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    I mean, the point of Defenders Beast is too have the fun Beast back. AXNM Beast is profoundly miserable and selfloathing, the whole magic thing is him abandoning the pursuit of science altogether for something else in an effort to make a clean break. So I get why they don't bring that back into it. As a variant Beast living in the same time as his future self AXNM was bad enough but he'd be pointless as the one and only Beast left.
    They don’t have to go back to New Defenders to get to the last time funloving Beast existed though. We had funloving Beast in Busiek Avengers for example. That way back to in 1997 or so but certainly better than 1984. We had funloving Beast in the Avengers Two mini which I think was in the early 2000s. We had fun loving Beast in Duggan’s Uncanny X-Foorce which was what 2017?

You know what? Screw it. Just put out a Beast/Wonder Man ongoing team up series and all will be fixed and forgiven.
    Last edited by ARkadelphia; 04-14-2024 at 01:51 PM.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post
    Wasn't Hank at the school when Juggy came to the school with the fish-like kid (Sammy?)? Circa 2002/2003?
    The Hank clone in the books only has memories up until his run in Defenders. He doesnt know Juggernaut as a hero nor anything from 1986-2024

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    They don’t have to go back to New Defenders to get to the last time funloving Beast existed though. We had funloving Beast in Busiek Avengers for example. That way back to in 1997 or so but certainly better than 1984. We had funloving Beast in the Avengers Two mini which I think was in the early 2000s. We had fun loving Beast in Duggan’s Uncanny X-Foorce which was what 2017?

You know what? Screw it. Just put out a Beast/Wonder Man ongoing team up series and all will be fixed and forgiven.
    The Hank clone in the books only has memories up until his run in Defenders. He doesnt know Juggernaut as a hero nor anything from 1986-2024
    That's why I feel this character has simply been ruined. They allowed Percy to wreck havoc on Hank, and THIS is their fix? Clone-Hank in the new book is going to be a fish out of temporal water. "Clone-Hank", that still makes me upset thinking about how the real Hank is going to be replaced by this clone with only old memories.

Duh! I completely missed the point of your comment. My bad!
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    That's why I feel this character has simply been ruined. They allowed Percy to wreck havoc on Hank, and THIS is their fix? Clone-Hank in the new book is going to be a fish out of temporal water. "Clone-Hank", that still makes me upset thinking about how the real Hank is going to be replaced by this clone with only old memories.
    The truth is, we still don’t know exactly how things are going to shake out yet. You are smart to be skeptical; you might be wise to remain hopeful.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    The truth is, we still don’t know exactly how things are going to shake out yet. You are smart to be skeptical; you might be wise to remain hopeful.
    sigh There you go being sensible, lol.

I'll try a few more pictures. First is Hank's cameo from The Marvels featuring Kelsey Grammer, because I love his look here. Some people didn't like the way he looked, but I did:

Then, a panel from an Avengers issue where a jerk called the Manipulator briefly captured Hank and made him dance and sing:

And, the cover from Amazing Adventures where Hank fought the Juggernaut by himself. Someone mentioned that clone-Hank(cries)would remember Juggie from when he attacked the X-Mansion when they were teens, but they did fight again later, here:

Astonishing Member

On that team, the only person that Hank really knows is Scott

Idie, Quentin, Kwannon were all introduced post-90s.

Magik. He had long left the X-men by the time she joined the school. He may know of her but any interaction was quite limiting. If he gets his teen memories unlocked, he'll at least know her and Idie too having worked alongside them in Bendis' run and ANX v2

He can still read up about who they are.

I was just remembering: someone had a theory that Jean as the Phoenix would fix Hank before the new era. As in, fix the mess Percy made with bad-Hank and clone-Hank. What does everyone else think?

Also, issue #50 of Wolverine is coming up, quite possibly double-sized for the grand finale with some X-Force stuff to clear things up. I shudder that Hank might still be in Percy's clutches.

I was just remembering: someone had a theory that Jean as the Phoenix would fix Hank before the new era. As in, fix the mess Percy made with bad-Hank and clone-Hank. What does everyone else think?
    Well. You just put the image of Bad Beast showing up very dramatically in an upcoming issue and Jean burning him too a crisp in the very next frame. Makes me think of that time current movie Deadpool killed the X-Men Origins: Wolverine version of himself.
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

Also, issue #50 of Wolverine is coming up, quite possibly double-sized for the grand finale with some X-Force stuff to clear things up. I shudder that Hank might still be in Percy's clutches.
    That was my hope but now I dont even know. They sure are dragging Jean's Phoenix story so there's been no movement on that front

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    He can still read up about who they are.
    Reading up about somoene doesnt make him know them. He doesnt have any of the memories or feelings that goes along with any of the people he met from 1986-2024. We saw this arc play up when the Teen O5 came to present day. Jean Grey had a telepathic memory dump from Beast and she didnt pick up and have a relationship with her older self's friends bc she didnt know them. In some instances, the relationships were different, bc she didnt have the feelings attached to what she learned (like with Emma)
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-17-2024 at 07:27 PM.

Astonishing Member

We just have to accept Clone Beast as the Beast from now on. The real evil Beast is taking a death-vacation for now. Then years later some other writer can fix up real Beast and retcon some of the evil stuff away.