Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    Literally EVERYONE who appeared in that book was worse off for it.

Notice how even though it was a landmark 50th issue when it's rare for a book to get to that, yet this one was rushed with just the standard 28 pages. Marvel wants to sweep this run under the rug, I think.

If black-hole Beast comes back and it's revealed he was possessed/controlled/whatever, where will that leave the one that's now rooming with Simon?

I think it would be very nice to have MacKay start his run on X-Men to have Logan in a brief cameo where he is being buddy-buddy with Hank before leaving for The Uncanny X-Men book he's going to appear in.

I'm kind of envious. I don't subscribe to any streaming service, so I can't watch the show.

MacKay wanted Hank for his Avengers run, but Percy already had dibs.
    I don't think black-hole beast is coming back, surely that chapter is closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I don't think black-hole beast is coming back, surely that chapter is closed.
    One can only hope, but again that means destroying almost 40 years worth of Hank's history, like that cool fight against the Constrictor I and Rev9 posted above. I'm still hoping that revived-Hank somehow has the original's soul, with that theory that he lost it just prior to Krakoa.

Like I said above, I'm wondering if this whole mess is just going to be ignored.
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

While this wouldnt be first hand info, the current Hank should have all the memories of the Teen Hank. Maybe Jean can unlock those for him. He co-existed at the same time as OG Hank for a few years so he'd have the memories of knowing the man he would eventually become. I guess it could be interesting seeing him react to that and vowing not to go down that dark path

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    While this wouldnt be first hand info, the current Hank should have all the memories of the Teen Hank. Maybe Jean can unlock those for him. He co-existed at the same time as OG Hank for a few years so he'd have the memories of knowing the man he would eventually become. I guess it could be interesting seeing him react to that and vowing not to go down that dark path
    Yeah, I've heard that speculation. There'd have to be a story where it's brought up, and I wonder if Marvel is just going to have Hank lay low for the rest of FoX.

But then, I heard that the upcoming Wolverine #50 is going to have extra pages, some dealing with X-Force. I worry, could he have some nasty surprise for Hank?

And I just realized, that last year when Hank was making clones of himself, someone said that they predict one clone would rebel and become the new Hank when the old one is killed. He/she turned out to be right.

So just a thought but how much do you want to bet that, given that we didn’t actually see OG Beast die and just saw an explosion that somewhere down the line they’re going to reveal that he’s actually alive and trapped in the compressed black hole that he was planning to place Arakko into kinda akin to what happened to Wasp?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    So just a thought but how much do you want to bet that, given that we didn’t actually see OG Beast die and just saw an explosion that somewhere down the line they’re going to reveal that he’s actually alive and trapped in the compressed black hole that he was planning to place Arakko into kinda akin to what happened to Wasp?
    Door's left open for that but what writer actually wants to pick up where things left off with crazy evil Beast?

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Door's left open for that but what writer actually wants to pick up where things left off with crazy evil Beast?
    Given that we had an entire run of just dragging that out, there’s apparently writers who would do it. And if the purpose is rehabilitating his character, they’d likely show their hate boner for him by having everyone else hating on him for what he did in X-Force while he tries to earn back their trust.

Given that we had an entire run of just dragging that out, there’s apparently writers who would do it. And if the purpose is rehabilitating his character, they’d likely show their hate boner for him by having everyone else hating on him for what he did in X-Force while he tries to earn back their trust.
    More than likely Percy left it open for himself to revisit. I dont think most other writers care to want to go back to that crap. He was the only one playing with it

For the last 12 years or so, several writers seemed to have a massive hate-boner for Hank. Others say it wasn't a hate-boner just that they needed a prominent X-Man to oppose Scott and it was needed for the story.

What Percy did to Hank is beyond hate-boner, I think. It was a complete and utter destruction of all the character was, as well as retconning him to be evil from the beginning (then have that suddenly walked back on). It's going to take years of deep character introspection to rehabilitate him, and I'm not sure Marvel is interested in that.

Percy put several hints that something was seriously wrong with Hank, implying, if we go by the data pages, that he was being controlled by the Chronicler before he switched exclusively to Piotr. As well as Hank saying how he didn't feel like himself. All of that, never followed up on.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    More than likely Percy left it open for himself to revisit. I don't think most other writers care to want to go back to that crap. He was the only one playing with it
    Writers often ask a previous writer to put some things in to prepare for their own run. MacKay is writing Hank next. Since MacKay likes Hank a lot, could he try to rehabilitate the original? Or, like you suggested, is Percy going to do something with Hank in the planned double-length #50 issue of Wolverine? I shudder to think.

Beast convinces the Grey Hulk to fight with the Avengers back when he knew how to do diplomacy...

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I like that beats is back being good. But do not Luke that everything is gone from join X-Factor to xmen blue team. Cat beat by Morrisob or astonishing and so on is gone. We shall see hiw red mccay handles hank I guess
    X-Men Forever

It'll be interesting to see Beast react to Jean being alive. Per his memories, the last thing he recalls is her dying on the moon. We emerges years later in the current era to learn that she was never dead but he missed out on reuniting with her bc she actually did die a few months earlier at the HFC. Im sure we wont see them reunite when she does return but its something id want to see

Is there anything else specific that people would want to see him react to?

Another for me is Magneto. He will be working with him in the new era but he was the team's greatest enemy. Hank wasnt around for Magneto's heroic turn but Magneto did end up mentoring him during X-men Blue which I would love to see acknowledged
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-07-2024 at 09:26 PM.

I suspect Clone Beast is going to get a history download from Jean or Charles at some point.

Wonder if they are going to keep his current build since it’s changed from the bulky gorilla look he had when he first secondary mutated.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogrebear View Post
    I suspect Clone Beast is going to get a history download from Jean or Charles at some point.

Wonder if they are going to keep his current build since it’s changed from the bulky gorilla look he had when he first secondary mutated.
    At that point it would be akin to what they did with the Wanda that had been resurrected through the protocols back in Trial of Magneto in which the information he gets is secondary since Beast Prime scrubbed his backups from the Cerebral unit. I suppose that could be fixed if they found where Beast Prime currently has his memories stored though. One way or another, I can’t really see them having a clone Beast permanently replacing the original especially one whose memories stop so far back. It’d be like if they made Ben Reilly today and had him replace Peter Parker without having formed his own memories that separate the 2. That’s years worth of story experience lost.

At that point it would be akin to what they did with the Wanda that had been resurrected through the protocols back in Trial of Magneto in which the information he gets is secondary since Beast Prime scrubbed his backups from the Cerebral unit. I suppose that could be fixed if they found where Beast Prime currently has his memories stored though. One way or another, I can’t really see them having a clone Beast permanently replacing the original especially one whose memories stop so far back. It’d be like if they made Ben Reilly today and had him replace Peter Parker without having formed his own memories that separate the 2. That’s years worth of story experience lost.
    But the clone still won't have lived those experiences. I now feel sad whenever reading any past story of Hank from 1985-2018, knowing he becomes an awful monster and killed off. I know it's silly to think that, but my OCD can't help but take a character's whole history as it is.