Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

LOVE that Hank appears to be in his classic Beast ape body again. Let's hope we have a personality that matches!

I was excited for this, but too much is still uncertain. Plus, almost all I'm hearing is around the net is:
    'Why is that disgusting monster on a team?'
    'I love it except for that f**ker Beast on the team *crying emoji*' and etc.

Also the fact I've seen people say they'll never like Beast again, even if what was done is retconned or erased. It's like what I feared: this character has been destroyed.
    I don't even feel like coming here anymore. Even on this forum, where people are milder, some where wondering in the 'Future of Marvel Comics' X-Men' thread how Beast could possibly be on a team.
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    I was excited for this, but too much is still uncertain. Plus, almost all I'm hearing is around the net is:

Also the fact I've seen people say they'll never like Beast again, even if what was done is retconned or erased. It's like what I feared: this character has been destroyed.
    I don't even feel like coming here anymore. Even on this forum, where people are milder, some where wondering in the 'Future of Marvel Comics' X-Men' thread how Beast could possibly be on a team.
    People need to get over it. If Hal Jordan can be redeemed and loved, almost anyone can.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    People need to get over it. If Hal Jordan can be redeemed and loved, almost anyone can.
    You're right. I keep letting my over-weening negativity get in the way.

Here, a pic of Hank front-but-not-quite-center from the lovely Mark Texeira:

BANNED

Take it from me, my friend: while the CBR forums are fairly reasonable, 90% of internet discourse is toxic as hell and you're better off not paying too much attention to it. Look at all the stuff Bishop did. Hell, people bought Age of Apocalypse Sabretooth becoming an X-Man after helping Apocalypse commit atrocities.

Someone else mentioned Hal Jordan. That guy literally killed trillions in Zero Hour.

There's always a way for any character to bounce back. Don't worry about the naysayers.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Take it from me, my friend: while the CBR forums are fairly reasonable, 90% of internet discourse is toxic as hell and you're better off not paying too much attention to it. Look at all the stuff Bishop did. Hell, people bought Age of Apocalypse Sabretooth becoming an X-Man after helping Apocalypse commit atrocities.

Someone else mentioned Hal Jordan. That guy literally killed trillions in Zero Hour.

There's always a way for any character to bounce back. Don't worry about the naysayers.
    Good advice for the internet in general and real life in particular. No way Cyke (who not to get off topic I am really glad to see is back to his awesome self) would let Hank back on his team if he wasn't back to his jovial friendly original good guy self. Especially after what they have all been through.

I should be happy. I've gotten what I wanted after almost 2 years of my whining. I hope that other people's favorite characters get the treatment they want in the upcoming era as well!

Since it seems 80's Hank is here to stay going forward, let's post one from with his old love Vera Cantor in her last appearance. When Mesmero(hired by Infectia) was controlling her to lure him into being captured, but she broke free. I know this is from 1990, but since this is the last time Vera was seen, with the return of the old Hank, I wonder if she's due for a reappearance as well? I think she was good for him.

Hank is in fine form here!

I’m sure what’s going to happen is that crazy bad beast will be killed and defenders Beast will take over with full knowledge of what bad beast did.
    It’s a win/ win.

Quote Originally Posted by jsg2295 View Post
    I’m sure what’s going to happen is that crazy bad beast will be killed and defenders Beast will take over with full knowledge of what bad beast did.
    It’s a win/ win.
    But as everyone on this thread has argued, the good Beast is just a clone, at least currently. Not only that, but the Hank from about 1985-Present is going to be killed. They should have got a later back-up, like from about 2000 or so(I know the story says Hank deleted the all except 80's Hank, but Percy could have made it later).

But still, with MacKay working under Brevoort in this summer's titles, I'm sure they'll work something out to make everything alright with Hank.

Edit: Oh! I heard that Hank makes an appearance in Dead X-Men this month, I believe? Anyone can confirm?
    Last edited by Mungho; 03-15-2024 at 07:53 PM.

But as everyone on this thread has argued, the good Beast is just a clone, at least currently. Not only that, but the Hank from about 1985-Present is going to be killed. They should have got a later back-up, like from about 2000 or so(I know the story says Hank deleted the all except 80's Hank, but Percy could have made it later).

But still, with MacKay working under Brevoort in this summer's titles, I'm sure they'll work something out to make everything alright with Hank.
    Since bad Beast didn’t kill this clone and it was the only one left I believe that bad beast knows his actions are wrong and everyone knows how intelligent he is.
    I’m sure this one is not really a “clone” in that Hank germinated him but secretly had the five who do that…goldballs, proteus,etc etc…make him that husk which he then filled with memories up to his time in the defenders.
    But really at this point of the X-men who could really argue anything bad if Hank was a clone? How many times has wolvie been killed in this Krakoa storyline? Or Scott? Jean?

Edit: Oh! I heard that Hank makes an appearance in Dead X-Men this month, I believe? Anyone can confirm?
    If your asking about the third issue ..he’s in one picture fighting magneto with the O5.

Fantastic Member

The fact that good Beast is in his old body makes me think that he will choose that form not only because it is the one he is most comfortable with, but because he wants to remind people of when he was seen unambiguously as a hero. I think he is trying to embrace the better parts of his nature. A statement that his Beast is the good guy.

It's nice to see George Buza return as Beast in X-Men 97, but I still wonder what it would have been like if an X-Men animated series had Kelsey Grammer doing his voice for once?
    https://www.cnet.com/tech/services-a...he-new-series/

Remember Wanda was killed and brought back from an earlier back up. No one sees her as a clone or not the real deal. In the mini she gets her full memories back (not sure how exactly lol) from Jean and Rachel. In comics we just have to go with these explanations lol

So whatever version of Beast comes out on top at the end of X-force will be thee Hank McCoy. We just need to be glad that he's reverting back to something less evil. Some of the younger fans will hate it and call it a regression. In a way they will be right, but Percy and company just went way too far. They didn't have to take it to the levels they did. But that was their choice. It was the story Percy wanted to tell for whatever reason.

At this point I'm tired of one of the O5 going dark. It has been done.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Remember Wanda was killed and brought back from an earlier back up. No one sees her as a clone or not the real deal. In the mini she gets her full memories back (not sure how exactly lol) from Jean and Rachel. In comics we just have to go with these explanations lol

So whatever version of Beast comes out on top at the end of X-force will be thee Hank McCoy. We just need to be glad that he's reverting back to something less evil. Some of the younger fans will hate it and call it a regression. In a way they will be right, but Percy and company just went way too far. They didn't have to take it to the levels they did. But that was their choice. It was the story Percy wanted to tell for whatever reason.

At this point I'm tired of one of the O5 going dark. It has been done.
    Wanda was resurrected by the Five using reality warping and whatnot, the two Beasts we have in X-Force were grown purely by scientific means, they are the real Beast in exactly as much as all the Wolverines that we saw resurrected in Weapon of X in the same way are the real Logan as opposed to the one resurrected by the Five whose viewpoint Percy follows as the protagonist in the Wolverine solo. All resurrections lose some time since the last cerebro back up, whether that's seconds, minutes, days or years shouldn't matter.