Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ogrebear View Post

Beast's new team.

Jed MacKay and Ryan Stegman’s X-Men coming in July.
    I don't feel like this Hank would remotely trust Cain Marko. Period.
    If the team needed a "bruiser", why not.. well, Colossus?

Ultimate Member

And funny seeing that all of their feet are either totally hidden, or mostly hidden...

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Considering he was created to fight his future self who had gone all evil, he probably isnt in any position to judge anyone. I thin he has enough sense to understand that people can and have changed in the year that were lost to him

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    I was just remembering: someone had a theory that Jean as the Phoenix would fix Hank before the new era. As in, fix the mess Percy made with bad-Hank and clone-Hank. What does everyone else think?
    That was me, and it wasn't so much that she would fix Hank before the new era as discover what has gone wrong.

Around the time of the TD-05 arriving in the present(which happened at a point when time itself was said to be broken and the barriers between different realities were all breaking down), a lot of characters across the Marvel Universe started having fundamental things about them changed in ways large and small. Some books even seemed to be happening in different timelines. We know from Bendis and other sources that the TD-05 were created to be from an alternate or altered reality/timeline, and that at some point it was decided that they and the 'adult versions' were the same people. Most fans, like 99+% of them took that to mean that the TD-05 were the original X-Men that fans had read about for decades... but some fans, easily less than 1% of them, think something else. That the TD-05 are from an alternate or altered reality/timeline and that the adult versions appearing in the books after their arrival in the present are adult versions of them.

It was originally theorized that the adult versions we all knew for decades were simple individually replaced by adult versions of the TD-05 from future timelines where the TD-05 stayed in the present and aged into adulthood(as happened in the Battle of the Atom future). But there was too much off for that and too many other characters were affected. It was then speculated that time itself had been rewritten creating similar but fundamentally different versions of the characters(Think Age of Apocalypse on steroids). Significant evidence was found to support that theory.

Of course all characters inside the rewritten timeline would be unaware of the changes. The exception would be Jean Grey who was dead and safely outside of space and time in the White Hot Room, waiting to be resurrected. But when the Phoenix resurrected Jean it did so by destroying teen-Jean and resurrecting an Adult-Jean 'from her ashes'. This was also after an adult Jean's ghost was seen running around on the current Earth, having completely rejected the Phoenix and therefore was not even in the White Hot Room to be resurrected.

So the OG Jean was resurrected from the WHR, but because she was resurrected using TD-05 Jean, when she was reborn she was remade into the Jean of the current altered timeline. But now Jean is dead again, and back in the WHR, connected to the immortal aspect of herself that exists outside time. Which means Jean should have TWO sets of memories, those from the original timeline and the current one. And so far Jean has been depicted in a catatonic state, reciting bits of her dialogue from comics from the past decades all the way back to the beginning. But while most are exact reproductions, some are strangely altered in specific ways.

Jean is the key to the knowledge, but as for fixing things, who knows...
    Become an Iceman Dragonian...

And, the cover from Amazing Adventures where Hank fought the Juggernaut by himself. Someone mentioned that clone-Hank(cries)would remember Juggie from when he attacked the X-Mansion when they were teens, but they did fight again later, here:

OMG! Truly an epic tussle. Juggernaut getting a little assistance from the mystical voices in his head. It was nice that Cain had no trouble recognizing Henry, though...
    Last edited by K7P5V; 04-18-2024 at 03:34 AM. Reason: Added Clarification.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Quote Originally Posted by Icefanatic View Post
    It was originally theorized that the adult versions we all knew for decades were simple individually replaced by adult versions of the TD-05 from future timelines where the TD-05 stayed in the present and aged into adulthood(as happened in the Battle of the Atom future).
    I did remember a storyline featuring them where they stayed in the future and Hank was now a goat-man using sorcery. Was that Battle of the Atom?

But I read your whole thing and it was fascinating! I'd never heard this theory before. It would explain a LOT. The fact that the Hank from the time he brought the O5 to the present was acting so...different(as in smug, arrogant, etc.) from the original Hank...

The things going on with Jean, could they actually be setting this up? When is this all supposed to be resolved anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    OMG! Truly an epic tussle. Juggernaut getting a little assistance from the mystical voices in his head. It was nice that Cain had no trouble recognizing Henry, though...
    Yeah! There was another story from this era where Hank even went toe-to-toe with the Hulk! When Hank fought him when Hulk returned from the Planet Hulk storyline, the fight was a lot different.
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

Variant covers for X-Men - at least Hank looks happy in that Perez one?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ogrebear; 04-18-2024 at 05:03 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Beast pic
    What's the source of this lovely pic of Beast please?

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogrebear View Post
    What's the source of this lovely pic of Beast please?
    Isn't this from that guy who drew all the X-Men in the style of Disney princes?

The logo/signature would say Mark Brooks.
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Dunno, but it sure does look quite similar...

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Piotr’s new status quo will be moving back to Siberia to farm and paint pictures of his dead girlfriend Kayla
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post
    Yup, that does seem to be the artist: https://x.com/MarkBrooksArt/status/1781061088412393852

Part of a big compilation of characters:

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post
    Ah, thanks. That really threw me. I have a lot of trouble reading signatures, and well part of that was in Japanese(I believe?).

Let's have some pics of Hank's fight with the Hulk. The villain Mimic was uncontrollably draining energy from those around him, including the Hulk, and would eventually encompass the entire Earth. Hank was using a machine to try to help him when the Hulk got there:

Then Mimic drains the Hulk of some of his radiation, killing himself in the process and saving the world. Hank's hair looks strangely red here(well it is a disguise). I prefer human-Hank with dark-brown or black hair to contrast with the more lighter brunette hair of Scott and Bobby.

Also, Hank can sure tear off his disguise quickly!