Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    In issue #33 of Wolverine, some of the Hank-clones complain that bad-Beast made them near-sighted on purpose to emphasize his superior vision. This revived Hank also has to wear glasses, so there seem to be some minor differences.

This Hank didn't wear them at the time the memories were pulled from, and he doesn't seem find it weird he needs them. I may be over-thinking it though.
    Yeah, it's the same writer and he made point of it not too long ago but Hank was wearing glasses on and off at most points of his life. It's weirder that the Hank-clones were so hung up about having to wear them when before Wolverine killed Beast, the one and only Beast was constantly wearing glasses, he only just stopped wearing them.

In issue #33 of Wolverine, some of the Hank-clones complain that bad-Beast made them near-sighted on purpose to emphasize his superior vision. This revived Hank also has to wear glasses, so there seem to be some minor differences.

This Hank didn't wear them at the time the memories were pulled from, and he doesn't seem find it weird he needs them. I may be over-thinking it though.
    New Hank also does not find all his bodily changes a problem either - I suspect there was a lot of explanations between panels where X-Factor explained who and what he was and Hank got used to his new body.

I am still not sure Hank escaping is not part of a plan to use him as a bloodhound to Beast - why put an ally in a cell otherwise? Or give him easy access to records? Seems too suspicious to me.

Most of the stuff I've seen for Hank from 2012-2018 I dislike, but I found this, from Wolverine #7 (2013):

I'm guessing Percy never read this one. Will we never see them like this again?
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

Fantastic Member

Most of the stuff I've seen for Hank from 2012-2018 I dislike, but I found this, from Wolverine #7 (2013):

I'm guessing Percy never read this one. Will we never see them like this again?
    Sometimes I wonder if Percy has read ANY comic books the Beast ever appeared in. I wouldn't worry though. His time in the X-Men office is (hopefully) coming to an end and with the MCU seeming to want to go with smart kind Kelsey Grammer Beast, and with the return of 1980s Beast, I think we should be done with Hank's dork age soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by SturdyMike89 View Post
    Sometimes I wonder if Percy has read ANY comic books the Beast ever appeared in. I wouldn't worry though. His time in the X-Men office is (hopefully) coming to an end and with the MCU seeming to want to go with smart kind Kelsey Grammer Beast, and with the return of 1980s Beast, I think we should be done with Hank's dork age soon enough.
    I'm just tired of EVERY conversation about Beast now around the net now is like this:

OP: So, does anyone have a favorite X-Men?

Poster: I've always liked Beast!

Poster2: Did you know he recently shot a little girl in the head? And ran a death prison? And genocided a country? And...(etc.)

Or:

Poster2: THERONODY THERONODY THERONODY THERONODY

Resetting him back won't help, because I've seen these same people say he's always been evil and this new one will just go down that path eventually. I'm hoping there is some sort of soft reset so it can at least scour Percy's trash from continuity(or at least most of it).

Sorry, I'm just engaging in negativity again. I'm just feeling like this character has been destroyed in the eyes of everyone and in a year or so they'll just make him a villain again, because that's what everyone expects.

Fantastic Member

I'm just tired of EVERY conversation about Beast now around the net now is like this:

Poster2: Did you know he recently shot a little girl in the head? And ran a death prison? And genocided a country? And...(etc.)

Or:

Resetting him back won't help, because I've seen these same people say he's always been evil and this new one will just go down that path eventually. I'm hoping there is some sort of soft reset so it can at least scour Percy's trash from continuity(or at least most of it).

Sorry, I'm just engaging in negativity again. I'm just feeling like this character has been destroyed in the eyes of everyone and in a year or so they'll just make him a villain again, because that's what everyone expects.
    Some of the things Percy has characters blaming Beast for in X-Force #48 make no sense to me. The only thing I can find that he did to Threnody was X-Men (vol. 2) #27 when he let Mr. Sinister take her. It was made clear that the only reason he let her go with him (something she was not under duress or any force to do) was because he could take care of her better. It was a decision he clearly struggled with afterwards but felt he had no choice. I don't even get how the Legacy virus could possibly be his fault. He worked hard to cure it. As for the "Beast is ruined forever" people, well the internet is always going to have conflicting opinions about various characters and whether or not they are ruined. I always take that talk with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by SturdyMike89 View Post
    Some of the things Percy has characters blaming Beast for in X-Force #48 make no sense to me. The only thing I can find that he did to Threnody was X-Men (vol. 2) #27 when he let Mr. Sinister take her. It was made clear that the only reason he let her go with him (something she was not under duress or any force to do) was because he could take care of her better. It was a decision he clearly struggled with afterwards but felt he had no choice. I don't even get how the Legacy virus could possibly be his fault. He worked hard to cure it. As for the "Beast is ruined forever" people, well the internet is always going to have conflicting opinions about various characters and whether or not they are ruined. I always take that talk with a grain of salt.
    The Threnody thing got traction when they discussed it on that Cerebra Podcast where they said that proved that Beast has always been evil or something like that. Percy I guess just watched that and skimmed a wiki to write Beast's crimes.

Beast is the one that ultimately managed to synthesize a cure for the Legacy Virus so yeah that made no sense

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Beast is the one that ultimately managed to synthesize a cure for the Legacy Virus so yeah that made no sense
    During Secret Invasion, Beast found that the Legacy Virus could infect Skrulls. He worked on the modifications, but didn’t want to use it, so Cyclops did. But that’s most likely what this is referring to.

Or:

That won't work either. The Secret Wars and it's lead up were scrubbed from continuity. The Multiverse being destroyed, Nation X, Captain America prioritizing ducking it out with Ironman over helping out with the continuitation of existence, none of it happened in 616 going forwards but ultimately one or two people remembering what happened turned into everyone remembering what happened and Beast having his association with the Illumninati held against him as one of his crimes, even though he joined when the Incursions had already started and the Incursions never happened.

The Beast specific reset is a better bet then a line wide reboot, cause whats happening in the Ironman run for instance will likely keeping going so some characters will be uneffected by the reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Dunno much about recent developments, but I still remember UXM #390

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

BANNED

The Threnody thing got traction when they discussed it on that Cerebra Podcast where they said that proved that Beast has always been evil or something like that. Percy I guess just watched that and skimmed a wiki to write Beast's crimes.
    Percy had a perfectly good Dark Beast to play evil scientist with on Earth-616 but nooo...

From an old Wizard magazine article about What If...?

Someone made this interesting theory:

I bet Hank did something to nullify his emotional response centers in his brain so he could think on a strictly logic rationale and that's what Clone Hank is seeing in the files.
    For reference, this is the page from X-Force #48:

That makes a lot of sense. But, I thought this Hank was simply reacting to the crimes of bad-Hank from the databanks?
    Last edited by Mungho; 02-10-2024 at 07:44 AM.

What would be the point? That wouldnt redeem him but rather make him worse IMO. Like he consciously chose to alter himself to make himself more evil